Terminal List

I remember back in the day Marvin Lewis was passed over for a head coach job before he was hired by the Bengals. I forgot where it was but he said afterwards that “I’m glad I didn’t get hired there, I hear the city school system is terrible”.

LOL thats pretty rich considering Cincy. CVG is a total country club tho!

Speaking of CAK. in the classic 1999 movie In too Deep , Omar Epps goes undercover in CVG , posing as "J. Reid from CAK", in order to take down LL Cool J. IMO, this proves anecdotally that CAK is full of bad hombres FightingIrish2012 . I'd take FNT. Even if your water sucks, Michigan is the best. Grethcen Whitmer cant live forever.

220px-Intoodeepposter.jpg

I don’t remember if I already posted this in this thread yet .... so the big ole mean mods can delete if so .... but don’t go to any facility you aren’t willing to spend the next 10 years at. The first 5, regardless of checkout times, are going to be spent on admin leave or furlough - and the next 5 will be spent trying to train / leave

oh - and when your union rep calls you on day 1 -tell them you’ll pay dues when they can explain what NATCA is doing for you while you sit at home (besides hinder your career progression by forcing you to be at home).

I don’t remember if I already posted this in this thread yet .... so the big ole mean mods can delete if so .... but don’t go to any facility you aren’t willing to spend the next 10 years at. The first 5, regardless of checkout times, are going to be spent on admin leave or furlough - and the next 5 will be spent trying to train / leave

oh - and when your union rep calls you on day 1 -tell them you’ll pay dues when they can explain what NATCA is doing for you while you sit at home (besides hinder your career progression by forcing you to be at home).
Salty can be a little extreme but honestly it’s not bad advice. Nothing wrong with making a rep sell you on the benefits of joining the union. And right now specifically the training question is front and center.

Listen you sum bitch. Don’t blast CAK like that. It’s a simple check out and huge money compared to other terminal academy grad options. Fuck the “drugs, drive by shooting” bullshit. Unless you live in the worst part of the ghetto (you won’t, even on academy grad pay), you won’t be susceptible to that and every city has a bad area like that.

I remember back in the day Marvin Lewis was passed over for a head coach job before he was hired by the Bengals. I forgot where it was but he said afterwards that “I’m glad I didn’t get hired there, I hear the city school system is terrible”. Bitch, if you got that job you would have lived in the richest suburb making $1 Million+ a year. You would have sent your kids to a private school in the burbs. Not a “terrible” inner city school.
1 - calm down. No one gives a shit about your emotional opinionated rant. Just don't direct my traffic tough guy behind the keyboard.
2 - no blast on CAK, I think "my opinionated rant" which no one probably cares about, that CAK is a great option. If your in it for money and a quicky then you'll probably be asking "do you want fries with that in a few years.
3 - who the hell cares about Marvin Lewis and the damn Bengals.

2 - no blast on CAK, I think "my opinionated rant" which no one probably cares about, that CAK is a great option. If your in it for money and a quicky then you'll probably be asking "do you want fries with that in a few years.

Man you're right...who wants to be paid well and get certified quickly?

Weren't you just complaining about not being able to work a second job while you're in basics?

Man you're right...who wants to be paid well and get certified quickly?

Weren't you just complaining about not being able to work a second job while you're in basics?
Well played there sir.
Some Old-Timers were telling me back in the day when I was going through school that if you're in it for the money you're not going to last, pretty much saying don't do it for the money only, like so many around me were trying to do. Although that is one of the incentives in such career, I get it. I also understand that no one wants to go through the paces to get to CPC like thick molasses in January, I would not either.
No. If I were in OKC with the per diem and salary is one thing but being told I can't have a job while doing onboarding while others were told different is another, and could have potentially been down in OKC sooner by doing onboarding.

Well played there sir.
Some Old-Timers were telling me back in the day when I was going through school that if you're in it for the money you're not going to last, pretty much saying don't do it for the money only, like so many around me were trying to do. Although that is one of the incentives in such career, I get it. I also understand that no one wants to go through the paces to get to CPC like thick molasses in January, I would not either.
No. If I were in OKC with the per diem and salary is one thing but being told I can't have a job while doing onboarding while others were told different is another, and could have potentially been down in OKC sooner by doing onboarding.

Couldn't agree more. Doing any job for just the money is a bad idea. Although if you're already in the job and have the choice for more money it could absolutely be the best choice. Especially if it's coupled with a quick route to CPC.

Well played there sir.
Couldn't agree more. Doing any job for just the money is a bad idea. Although if you're already in the job and have the choice for more money it could absolutely be the best choice. Especially if it's coupled with a quick route to CPC.

Doing the job for just the money isn't the worst idea, ever heard of congress?

Nailed it ?

Well played there sir.
There are plenty of CPCs that do this job just for the money, there's nothing wrong with that.

For the people saying flint water is bad, didn’t they get that mostly all fixed and it passes state testing now? I know the water where I am is worse since I get letters in the mail saying they failed to meet standards every few months

For the people saying flint water is bad, didn’t they get that mostly all fixed and it passes state testing now? I know the water where I am is worse since I get letters in the mail saying they failed to meet standards every few months

Michael Moore sacrificed all secondary sexual characteristics so that the people of FNT may drink again. FNT > CAKRON

5b920ac3e361c074048b5499

maybenot - but they’re more likely to suck At the job because they just don’t care. that’s just my experience though
Not really 100% true, you can be in it for the money and still care. I was more or less meaning there are CPCs that aren't die hard aviation nerds.

Not really 100% true, you can be in it for the money and still care. I was more or less meaning there are CPCs that aren't die hard aviation nerds.

with few exceptions - those who don’t give a crap about airplanes whatsoever generally provide a worse service / have trouble certifying.

with few exceptions - those who don’t give a crap about airplanes whatsoever generally provide a worse service / have trouble certifying.
That’s straight crap. Most people at my facility only talk about fishing, hunting, boating, sports, etc.
Most everyone does it for the money. One of the highest paying jobs without a college degree.
we’ve had plenty of people who were straight aviation nerds that always talked about airplanes but would give a clearance to an aircraft aimed right at another one. They are the ones who “ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be an air traffic controller.” But they ain’t here no more.....

That’s straight crap. Most people at my facility only talk about fishing, hunting, boating, sports, etc.
Most everyone does it for the money. One of the highest paying jobs without a college degree.
we’ve had plenty of people who were straight aviation nerds that always talked about airplanes but would give a clearance to an aircraft aimed right at another one. They are the ones who “ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be an air traffic controller.” But they ain’t here no more.....

gotcha. that must be a real-facility type thing. at my little level 4, it's all nerds.

Back
Top Bottom