Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
At what point does a facility on the terminal placement list become a mandatory selection? I was under the impression that MYF was going to be a mandatory for the 12/21 class but it got passed over. Do they still have mandatory selections? Gracias and Merry Xmas.

It's the Academy's discretion really, my class had JAN on our list about 7 times, one of them being a mandatory even though it was going on backlog the very next day.

It's still 33% Of the class is going to mandatory slots.

At what point does a facility on the terminal placement list become a mandatory selection? I was under the impression that MYF was going to be a mandatory for the 12/21 class but it got passed over. Do they still have mandatory selections? Gracias and Merry Xmas.
MYF is a spousal accommodation for the 12/29 class

Look at the class number and dates. Like Alicia B said, it's an Article 4 spousal accommodation. You can make the safe assumption that anything reserved for a future date (ahead of the most recent graduating class) is either an OCONUS facility or a spousal accommodation.

Look at the class number and dates. Like Alicia B said, it's an Article 4 spousal accommodation. You can make the safe assumption that anything reserved for a future date (ahead of the most recent graduating class) is either an OCONUS facility or a spousal accommodation.
Right. I’m showing 34 spots (not counting MYF) allotted to class 102951 graduating on 12/29. Let’s say 10 people (aside from the MYF spouse) pass. Can those 10 people pick any 10 facilities out of the 34? Or will a certain number of facilities be mandatory selections? And if so, how are the mandatory facilities selected? For the last class that picked I was told that 8 facilities were mandatory and I figured they would be the 8 facilities at the top of the list but that wasn’t the case.

Sorry if it’s a confusing question. It’s been years since I was at the academy and I’m unfamiliar with what the selection process is like nowadays.

Right. I’m showing 34 spots (not counting MYF) allotted to class 102951 graduating on 12/29. Let’s say 10 people (aside from the MYF spouse) pass. Can those 10 people pick any 10 facilities out of the 34? Or will a certain number of facilities be mandatory selections? And if so, how are the mandatory facilities selected? For the last class that picked I was told that 8 facilities were mandatory and I figured they would be the 8 facilities at the top of the list but that wasn’t the case.

Sorry if it’s a confusing question. It’s been years since I was at the academy and I’m unfamiliar with what the selection process is like nowadays.
A certain number will be mandatory selections. The final list will be number of people left X2. It supposed to be top 33% of the people that pass the final but it looks like if class 105284 had 8 mandatory picks then ACK CID and a 2nd BUR should have been mandatory so idk.
I guess it's also possible the list was in a slightly different order when it was pulled for them because these things are fluid.
Also 15 selections were made from 105284 so, assuming no spousal cases, their final list should have been 30 deep so idk where 8 comes from either.

Last edited:

Last class had 4 mandatory spots.
Mandatory spots = number of people that passed (13) x .33 = 4.3333 (rounded down to 4)

A spousal accommodation counts as one of the mandatory spots if they pass. If not, it's dropped from the list.

Final list is = number of people that pass x 2

If 10 people pass, they can only select from the top 20 facilities on their list. Top 3 spots would be mandatory (essentially two if the MYF passes)

Last class had 4 mandatory spots.
Mandatory spots = number of people that passed (13) x .33 = 4.3333 (rounded down to 4)

A spousal accommodation counts as one of the mandatory spots if they pass. If not, it's dropped from the list.

Final list is = number of people that pass x 2

If 10 people pass, they can only select from the top 20 facilities on their list. Top 3 spots would be mandatory (essentially two if the MYF passes)
Ah that makes sense now. Thanks for clearing that up!

Is there a way I can see what academy grads selected from the last update or is that available on KSN?

Its a website that has alot of info on ncept, placement list, staffing numbers, etc. You can only get to it from a government computer.

Random question here considering the government shutdown is going on etc... but I read on one forum that the placement list options would be all east coast for those who put their top choice as east coast etc... wondering if this is true or if the placement list is from all over the US for the same classes... was recently thinking the west coast would be nice although I put east coast as my first choice.

Random question here considering the government shutdown is going on etc... but I read on one forum that the placement list options would be all east coast for those who put their top choice as east coast etc... wondering if this is true or if the placement list is from all over the US for the same classes... was recently thinking the west coast would be nice although I put east coast as my first choice.
At the moment, placement lists are for the entire US. NATCA has been working to get that changed to specific regions (Eastern, Central, and Western). What you're filling out is simply data collecting for the FAA at the moment.

Last edited:
At the moment, placement lists are for the entire US. NATCA has been working to get that changed to specific regions (Eastern, Central, and Western). What you're filing out is simply data collecting for the FAA at the moment.

Thanks- good to know! Did you happen to see you were quoted on this site? They are talking about the awful pass rate at the academy right now....

Attachments

• C6699F6C-7A8B-49A5-9EC1-C83AC3C8D266.jpeg
    C6699F6C-7A8B-49A5-9EC1-C83AC3C8D266.jpeg
    446.3 KB · Views: 146
Back
Top Bottom