Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
How long does it take to potentially end up at a TRACON facility? I'm just kinda browsing towers/facilities I'd be interested in down the road cause I have the flu and have nothing better to do currently. For example SCT?

With the right facility and staffing at where you start (to release CPCs) and staffing where you’re wanting to go (to pick up CPCs) it could be as little as a year. I would guess 2.5-3 years is about the average turn around time for people starting low and moving up. Both of my moves were at about 3.5 years, but I wasn’t trying to move up ASAP. I wanted some seasoning at each facility. One move was before NCEPT and one was after it started.

How long does it take to potentially end up at a TRACON facility? I'm just kinda browsing towers/facilities I'd be interested in down the road cause I have the flu and have nothing better to do currently. For example SCT?
If you want to get to SCT there's a significant chance you're going to need a radar ticket going forward. It's San Diego, their lists aren't small, and they deprioritize tower applicants there. Likely the same for other TRACONs but I know SCT does that for sure.

With the right facility and staffing at where you start (to release CPCs) and staffing where you’re wanting to go (to pick up CPCs) it could be as little as a year. I would guess 2.5-3 years is about the average turn around time for people starting low and moving up. Both of my moves were at about 3.5 years, but I wasn’t trying to move up ASAP. I wanted some seasoning at each facility. One move was before NCEPT and one was after it started.

Yeah I'm not necessarily in a rush to transfer ASAP either and know everyone's experience is different was just curious! 3.5 isn't too bad either while not being in a rush.

If you want to get to SCT there's a significant chance you're going to need a radar ticket going forward. It's San Diego, their lists aren't small, and they deprioritize tower applicants there. Likely the same for other TRACONs but I know SCT does that for sure.

My ideal ending spot is Denver or anywhere in Colorado really (don't worry I know how hard Denver is to get to) but SCT is cool too great location great pay. What would I do post academy to get a radar ticket?

It's fun to daydream about some of these facilities. And then there are ones that give me nightmares haha

I don't want to sound ungrateful cause believe me I'm more than happy to be apart of this process and starting an exciting career, but these past two lists... Yikes haha. I'm sure I'd make it work but places like Maine, Alabama, Arkansas, are not exactly high on my list of potential destinations. Hopefully my sour grapes don't bite me in the ass when my list comes around.

I don't want to sound ungrateful cause believe me I'm more than happy to be apart of this process and starting an exciting career, but these past two lists... Yikes haha. I'm sure I'd make it work but places like Maine, Alabama, Arkansas, are not exactly high on my list of potential destinations. Hopefully my sour grapes don't bite me in the ass when my list comes around.
I'm hoping some Florida or PA towers are open when I go through

Word is that the terminal class that finished today only passed 6/17.

If I understand correctly it's in our favor for more people to pass right? Makes it less likely we have to potentially pick a spot that is mandatory we wouldn't have otherwise picked. Not that I'd ever root for a classmate to not pass.

Yeah but not everyone will. Assuming you guys pass and finish outside the bottom of your class, expect your list to have less than a handfull of nice facilities. I wish the FAA still hired under the old region process, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom