The upcoming stacked leave apocalypse

Okay, since you asked the question I'll be glad to help you understand. You referred to the CBA, so please go back and read Section 29 and how it defines excused absence. I think you'll see that it clearly defines excused absence and pay close attention to the part about ... WITHOUT LOSS OF, CHARGE TO, OR REDUCTION OF AN EMPLOYEE'S LEAVE, PAY, OR BENEFITS. Now go to your LES and see the hours you were placed on excused absence. I hope this helps you with understanding how this all works. After all we are subject to recall during excused absence which was recently outline nationally. If you need the guidance I'll be happy to forward it to you, just let me know.
See, it's not me being "petty" but rather it's outlined in the CBA that I'm entitled to my leave. I'm sorry YOU think I, "already got the time off..." and should not be able to used my leave, but at the end of the day it's not your call. Furthermore, using the CBA, it clearly outlines how PTL, NPTL, and Spot leave will work. Hope this helps.

Completly agree, but the union would not have asked for nor would the agency have agreed to this portion if they knew it would be 5 plus months. So saying I want my leave is not applying the contract in good faith.

And tell me right now how many people aren’t treating this as free leave percentage wise? You might be treating it differently but most aren’t, and are asking for their cake and wanting to eat it too.

Here's something else-40k means 20k in tsp and another 20 for life. So in 3 years it's 60k in ur tsp and a down payment on a house. I worked two jobs when I first started out, but tell me what each year of a compound return and stock market equals.

It's really empathetic to tell the new guys hurry up and wait, be seen and not heard, enjoy your time off. Should have gotten another job when there's record high unemployment.

40k salary is only 4K annually, that’s your 5 percent and theirs, was the original point. Your math is wrong.

Completly agree, but the union would not have asked for nor would the agency have agreed to this portion if they knew it would be 5 plus months. So saying I want my leave is not applying the contract in good faith.

And tell me right now how many people aren’t treating this as free leave percentage wise? You might be treating it differently but most aren’t, and are asking for their cake and wanting to eat it too.
But these schedules where negotiated in good faith with the use of excused absence. The agency could of said we want to keep everything as is but everyone will social distance throughout the building on break and be subject to recall. They the agency agreed to go with these schedules and the use of excused absence. I don't make the rules I just plan the game. I can't control what people do and drawing on my prior service I would say do whatever your rank can handle.

screwed like you won’t be able to eat? Or screwed like you can’t buy a second car? We arent being screwed, mildly inconvenienced at best.

it’s relative to where someone is at in life. For AG pay folks at a low level tower in a high cost of living area, it might be considering what you’re spending on food. Also, it’s long term losses of money and financial instability. Frankly, nobody is immune to this.

But these schedules where negotiated in good faith with the use of excused absence. The agency could of said we want to keep everything as is but everyone will social distance throughout the building on break and be subject to recall. They the agency agreed to go with these schedules and the use of excused absence. I don't make the rules I just plan the game. I can't control what people do and drawing on my prior service I would say do whatever your rank can handle.

negotiated due to a global pandemic, normal negotiations went out the window when our traffic was about to drop 75 percent and people don’t want to die. No one thoughtthis would go on for months on at at those negotiations, now it’s coming back and people are complaining about returningalong with everything else. I’m just saying we made out far better than what people are claiming when it could have been a lot worse.

so here’s a hypothetical Situation.

You have just enough bodies to pull off the 5on / 10off schedule. But to do it, you have to lose some annual, as in if anyone takes their accrued leave it’s back to 5/5 or normal. Maybe you would lose all above 240 hours this year? Would you do it? For a lot of people it won’t be an issue since they didn’t carry over very much or perhaps they don’t earn8 a pay period.

me personally, I’d rather lose the 80 hours in my use or lose and keep the 5/10.

Oh and as for the people chomping at the bit to train. I get it they want cash and to be a magical CPC with all its benefits. But I also think some people are chomping at the bit to train because this is their sure chance to checkout when the traffic is down and it may be their one chance at success in some cases.

Those NCEPT transfer success rates are gonna look great now!

Find me one other job, Mr. Furlough where they are hiring at $80k per year to do nothing.

Hint: There aren’t any because they were furloughed like 12 weeks ago...
Cop, fireman, gym teacher in a rich town? Oh wait....they actually go to work, already more than some do.

Cop, fireman, gym teacher in a rich town? Oh wait....they actually go to work, already more than some do.
I bet they are still training too. In fact the faa is training the only people not training are natca members.

Sorry my point was you could put in the 19.5 max if you had a raise
Yah. I get about 10k in now but I can’t swing 19,5 on my current salary. I will at d3.

so here’s a hypothetical Situation.

You have just enough bodies to pull off the 5on / 10off schedule. But to do it, you have to lose some annual, as in if anyone takes their accrued leave it’s back to 5/5 or normal. Maybe you would lose all above 240 hours this year? Would you do it? For a lot of people it won’t be an issue since they didn’t carry over very much or perhaps they don’t earn8 a pay period.

me personally, I’d rather lose the 80 hours in my use or lose and keep the 5/10.

Oh and as for the people chomping at the bit to train. I get it they want cash and to be a magical CPC with all its benefits. But I also think some people are chomping at the bit to train because this is their sure chance to checkout when the traffic is down and it may be their one chance at success in some cases.

Those NCEPT transfer success rates are gonna look great now!
The most someone would lose is 208 hours (8/PP) but if we could of stayed on 5/10s I would of been down. I'm already back to 5/5s and just like it's unlikely we shut everything down as a society again even if things gets worse, I don't see anyone going back to 5/10s that has already transitioned to 5/5s.

Find me one other job, Mr. Furlough where they are hiring at $80k per year to do nothing.

Hint: There aren’t any because they were furloughed like 12 weeks ago...

Back
Top Bottom