The woeful unpreparedness of Management

Better hope you’re on the first ten days excused absence, because give it ten days and they will recall anyone anyway. People will still bang out and instead of curtailing services they will recall people on their ten day thus defeating the purpose. A buddy was already recalled to sit on CD and do nothing, with all positions split and a normal break rotation.

You think donald is gonna be that surgical. He’s gonna say we’re low risk cus were all under 60.

A positive test can still close any facility, irrespective of age and risk. The whole point of this thing is so that facility closures and their impact on the NAS will be minimized. Lol but any chance to take a swipe at the #1 #Triggerer in world history I guess why not

overall- it was pretty positive when we were talking about it with my crew this afternoon during the shift, but wait till people start banging out on one of their 5 days... It'll only take one to ruin it.

Ya unless someone can convince the military to quit flying, this isn't gonna fly at my facility. We need it, I like it, better than what we are doing, but I have zero faith in the ability of the people with the power to do so to tell the training flights to tone it down during this pandemic, because by God the traffic count matters more controller health. The neighboring AF base can tell them no pattern work or multiple practice approaches due to staffing, but WE ARE HERE TO PROVIDE A SERVICE!!!

We have 15 CPCs and 16 trainees give or take a few, with 1 supe who can actually work the operation.

I have zero faith in my local management to do the right thing, zero faith in regional or national management to force the issue, and little faith that NATCA at any level has the pull to make it happen when we can barely get good soap and hand sanitizer in the building...

Best of luck to the rest of you guys but I fully expect to show back up after my regular rdos to "business as usual, plus hand sanitizer".

Ya unless someone can convince the military to quit flying, this isn't gonna fly at my facility. We need it, I like it, better than what we are doing, but I have zero faith in the ability of the people with the power to do so to tell the training flights to tone it down during this pandemic, because by God the traffic count matters more controller health. The neighboring AF base can tell them no pattern work or multiple practice approaches due to staffing, but WE ARE HERE TO PROVIDE A SERVICE!!!

We have 15 CPCs and 16 trainees give or take a few, with 1 supe who can actually work the operation.

I have zero faith in my local management to do the right thing, zero faith in regional or national management to force the issue, and little faith that NATCA at any level has the pull to make it happen when we can barely get good soap and hand sanitizer in the building...

Best of luck to the rest of you guys but I fully expect to show back up after my regular rdos to "business as usual, plus hand sanitizer".
Tinker can really say no? Sounds like traffic saturation, unable any practice approaches...

What happens if a facility doesn't have enough staffing to implement 5 on, 10 off? Two crews with 5 on 5 off? Allowing people to stay on for more than 2 hours as this is hardly a normal operation? Combining positions that the SOP doesn't normally allow for combining?

Are supes also going to be assigned to a "crew"? If not, it defeats the purpose of having rotating crews because through the supe, everybody is still going to be exposed to everybody.

The goal is 3 separate crews, who dont interact as much as possible. The supervisor should be on a crew, not floating around. If your facility cant do 3 crews, they will probably have to drop to 2. Word us the 2hr rule is out the window. No calling in OT due to a bang in or pre approved leave being honored.

A positive test can still close any facility, irrespective of age and risk. The whole point of this thing is so that facility closures and their impact on the NAS will be minimized. Lol but any chance to take a swipe at the #1 #Triggerer in world history I guess why not
How is that a swipe? He went on national tv and said we’d be back to normal by Easter.

What happens if a facility doesn't have enough staffing to implement 5 on, 10 off? Two crews with 5 on 5 off? Allowing people to stay on for more than 2 hours as this is hardly a normal operation? Combining positions that the SOP doesn't normally allow for combining?

Are supes also going to be assigned to a "crew"? If not, it defeats the purpose of having rotating crews because through the supe, everybody is still going to be exposed to everybody.
Doing the 5 and 5 at my center.

Have any of you guys under any type of shelter in place order gotten any documentation stating that you are an essential employee for use in traffic stops and shit?

My sisters coworker got pulled over this morning and was able to provide a letter, however the cop said it's a 700 dollar fine if you can't present anything in my state.

Yet another thing I'm sure the agency is behind on.

Just keep driving until you hit the gate... Hopefully the rent a cop pulls his gun on porkchop... Message sent.

Our schedule just came out, 5 on 10 off, three teams.

I gave up or was told that my two weeks of prime time in April were canceled. That this is a all hands on deck situation / national emergency... I had all intention of canceling it, it's not like there is much to do out there (everything is closed) but I was told I may be able to bid leave for later in the year once the dust settled.

Yup and you know our facility is so behind the power curve with all this. We both know our “leader” is focused on other things and just wants to fight everything NATCA and the controllers suggest. But I just work there... for now ??‍♂️

Yup and you know our facility is so behind the power curve with all this. We both know our “leader” is focused on other things and just wants to fight everything NATCA and the controllers suggest. But I just work there... for now ??‍♂️

Oddly I've heard some pushback from other controllers on this not working as well. I'm like..... Get rid of all the nonessential shit like I dunno hook and vandy beating up the radar pattern all day, and tell Cessna 12345 no, unable your multiple vfr practice approaches, reference the national fucking emergency dipshit, say next request and all the sudden we could run it all from the cab cic/world/tower split.

But hey I'm just a trainee, I guess I'll shut up and color and let the adults handle it.

Oddly I've heard some pushback from other controllers on this not working as well. I'm like..... Get rid of all the nonessential shit like I dunno hook and vandy beating up the radar pattern all day, and tell Cessna 12345 no, unable your multiple vfr practice approaches, reference the national fucking emergency dipshit, say next request and all the sudden we could run it all from the cab cic/world/tower split.

But hey I'm just a trainee, I guess I'll shut up and color and let the adults handle it.
Damn tower trainees still have to work. F.

No bitching about the new schedule here. I think everyone is looking forward to some time off finally. And we’re by far the biggest Covid hotspot in the country so the farther I can get away from people the better. I’ve got enough beef bison and venison in the freezer I don’t need to leave my house for a month.

No bitching about the new schedule here. I think everyone is looking forward to some time off finally. And we’re by far the biggest Covid hotspot in the country so the farther I can get away from people the better. I’ve got enough beef bison and venison in the freezer I don’t need to leave my house for a month.
Imagine if this was a temporary solution to your staffing problems ?‍♂️

Enjoy you only career “vacation”!

Whatever you do stop sending them to Pensacola we don't want them either LOL.

Back
Top Bottom