The woeful unpreparedness of Management

You do not want that level 7 upgrade? :D The only way I would think of going home is if the TRACON became a 10...
I actually prefer working the military over Sky warrior, but the non local military (SHEP, VANDY, HOOK, BOOMR) can take their non sense somewhere else. Were you the one looking to swap a while back?

We are thinking within the next year we should be over the buffer, traffic has definitely been increasing.

I actually prefer working the military over Sky warrior, but the non local military (SHEP, VANDY, HOOK, BOOMR) can take their non sense somewhere else. Were you the one looking to swap a while back?
No but I know who it was ?, he was wanting to get back but his girlfriend but the hammer down on that. I’m from there so it is home for me.

We are thinking within the next year we should be over the buffer, traffic has definitely been increasing.
*we should have been*

nobody is getting an upgrade soon. Luckily the downgrade teams are sitting at home

*we should have been*

nobody is getting an upgrade soon. Luckily the downgrade teams are sitting at home

they really need to revisit the complexity formula for the next contract. I doubt they thought it would result in nothing but perpetual downgrades every quarter. Has decimated morale at so many facilities. Unless they knew this would happen and it was some kind of concession. Increasingly you have the haves and have nots with many of the formerly mid-level facilities getting hit more than once even with a downgrade. its esy to say "well, traffic is down" , but its much more nuanced then that and its a really bad situation to have so many members taking de facto pay cuts to their career! This is one of my hobby horses. Wrong thread but there is something seriously wrong with how we are doing it. But yeah, this Pandemic effectively fucks any upgrades --rare as they are to begin with--.

No ALLEY or BLAZE?

they really need to revisit the complexity formula for the next contract. I doubt they thought it would result in nothing but perpetual downgrades every quarter. Has decimated morale at so many facilities. Unless they knew this would happen and it was some kind of concession. Increasingly you have the haves and have nots with many of the formerly mid-level facilities getting hit more than once even with a downgrade. its esy to say "well, traffic is down" , but its much more nuanced then that and its a really bad situation to have so many members taking de facto pay cuts to their career! This is one of my hobby horses. Wrong thread but there is something seriously wrong with how we are doing it. But yeah, this Pandemic effectively fucks any upgrades --rare as they are to begin with--.
There is ZERO reason for a standalone tower to be a higher facility level than their standalone tracon. None.

There is ZERO reason for a standalone tower to be a higher facility level than their standalone tracon. None.

Its very frustrating when I talk to old higher level facklity colleagues (FAA & NATCA power base obviously eminates/derived from those places). They have 0 clue the impact downgrades have 'downstream', and less than 0 understanding of relative complexity in different t types of facilities. You constantly hear the black and white "well it was negotiated " "but isnt Traffic down!?" . This is very simple minded 1st level thinking. The formula was not found by Moses on a tablet written by God!!!! It is flawed.

The same people who arent in danger of being touched because both parties refuse to even touch them. Which makes everyone else second class citizens.

Its very frustrating when I talk to old higher level facklity colleagues (FAA & NATCA power base obviously eminates/derived from those places). They have 0 clue the impact downgrades have 'downstream', and less than 0 understanding of relative complexity in different t types of facilities. You constantly hear the black and white "well it was negotiated " "but isnt Traffic down!?" . This is very simple minded 1st level thinking. The formula was not found by Moses on a tablet written by God!!!! It is flawed.

The same people who arent in danger of being touched because both parties refuse to even touch them. Which makes everyone else second class citizens.
Like how jfk has been below the buffer since 2011 but still isn’t downgraded?

Like how jfk has been below the buffer since 2011 but still isn’t downgraded?

Haha shhhhhh. Those souls have been elevated to a higher caste system. YOU wouldn't understand. We do not talk about those things which are thought crimes. I disavow you and your impure filthy mind. (Alarms are sounding in the John the Bull Carr conference room, red alert, battle stations, ????? "a sacred cow has come.under threat sir, awaiting orders!"

"Due to a suspected but unconfirmed case of COVID-19, the FAA Tower at JWA is closed. In the interim, JWA air traffic is handled by the FAA’s regional control center. The Airport remains open to commercial aircraft. Please check with your airline regarding specific flight info."

"Due to a suspected but unconfirmed case of COVID-19, the FAA Tower at JWA is closed. In the interim, JWA air traffic is handled by the FAA’s regional control center. The Airport remains open to commercial aircraft. Please check with your airline regarding specific flight info."
But... But... the new schedule... We are mitigating it... right??

The higher-ups told us they can't accept a proposal for rotating crews if one person calling out sick would result in ATC limited. Anybody else's facility get this guidance? It seems really self defeating; 2 crews aren't going to do any good if one goes down, and I doubt any small facility has that much staffing to make 3 crews AND cover for people banging in.

The higher-ups told us they can't accept a proposal for rotating crews if one person calling out sick would result in ATC limited. Anybody else's facility get this guidance? It seems really self defeating; 2 crews aren't going to do any good if one goes down, and I doubt any small facility has that much staffing to make 3 crews AND cover for people banging in.
Encountering the exact same issues as well. The expectations has shifted from the agency’s standpoint. Two separate crews does diddly shit so we might as well remain on the normal, current schedule.

I stand by my statement... Shut it down except for Medavac, Cargo, and Military. No Flight following, no practice approaches. Then the new schedule should work and allow most up/downs to combine radar to the cab with enough on leave to cover sick hits.

I stand by my statement... Shut it down except for Medavac, Cargo, and Military. No Flight following, no practice approaches. Then the new schedule should work and allow most up/downs to combine radar to the cab with enough on leave to cover sick hits.
The redundancy requirement still kills the possibility of making 3 crews work at a lot of level 4-6 facilities. Even if a 16 or 18-hour facility combined to a single position but you needed 3 CICs during most of the day to protect against ATC limited, you'd need 18 CICs to have 3 crews of 6. A lot of small facilities don't have anywhere near that number.

I just think it's incredibly dumb, when the purpose is to prevent ATC-0 by creating 3 crews so only one third of the facility could be exposed at once, they should be so concerned about the occasional occurrence of ATC limited to scrap the entire idea.

Back
Top Bottom