The woeful unpreparedness of Management

We’re doing 2 person mids at my Z (normally 3). Leaving the area right now and the supe takes a bang in for the first 5 mids. Lol

If you’re going to bang in during this when you’re not sick then I personally hope they slam the hammer and NATCA just cracks open a beer and watches.

meh. slippery slope w basically being under CBA-martial-law. I don't think ppl should just be gratuitously banging but I also don't think someone who does call out a day or two should be a pariah. If theres not enough ppl hire more!

How many facilities bid any part of this new schedule or was it all just dictated to you? The free time off is amazing, but I hope this won't permanently cut into lots of working conditions we have historically had. Time on position, liberal use of SL, working some semblance of the schedule you bid (if not days off than at least SHIFT) etc. I know this isn't a popular thing to say but seniority should be respected on some level even if its just something as simple as "I like days, I like nights" etc

Yeah, the crews were made first and then everyone was asked what shift they preferred and then they assigned that by seniority. Unfortunately on crew A no one volunteered for mids and because of the way RDOs worked out “senior” people were assigned them the first week. Combine that with the fact that some people pretty low on the seniority list were able to get days because of the crew they were assigned, some of the older guys are (understandably) not happy.

meh. slippery slope w basically being under CBA-martial-law. I don't think ppl should just be gratuitously banging but I also don't think someone who does call out a day or two should be a pariah. If theres not enough ppl hire more!

How many facilities bid any part of this new schedule or was it all just dictated to you? The free time off is amazing, but I hope this won't permanently cut into lots of working conditions we have historically had. Time on position, liberal use of SL, working some semblance of the schedule you bid (if not days off than at least SHIFT) etc. I know this isn't a popular thing to say but seniority should be respected on some level even if its just something as simple as "I like days, I like nights" etc

They asked. Some got what they wanted, some didn't. The whole point of this is trying to get people out of the building ASAP. Would you rather work another traditional week so everyone can bid?

They asked. Some got what they wanted, some didn't. The whole point of this is trying to get people out of the building ASAP. Would you rather work another traditional week so everyone can bid?

nope. bidding isn't that hard nor does it need to take too long. i'd always prefer for some semblance of the CBA and fairness be included over arbitrary

Apologies for going off topic there...
[/QUOTE]
On a personal level I don't really care, the problem is our tower is remaining an 11..and it will further strain our already shitty relationship. If you have a pulse they will certify you up there, and it shows. example , they accept a point out from us on a A/C going to a nearby satellite airport... then immediately launch a departure right into them. Or they'll use Visual separation on successive departures...when they both go into the clouds at 3000 feet 2 miles in trail, same heading. My favorite is when they launch a A/C and its a slow climber, then use visual and launch a Global or C750..who outruns them and then we have a stack on departure..same heading. List goes on...but i digress...end rant...

Apologies for going off topic there...
MSP?

nope. bidding isn't that hard nor does it need to take too long. i'd always prefer for some semblance of the CBA and fairness be included over arbitrary

It we bid then we definitely wouldn't be going alternative on Sunday and if we want to follow the CBA then you would have to issue the bid, have the cooling off period, begin the bid and would eventually hit the one guy that won't answer his phone and is on his first day RDO.

Any place been talking contingency plans in case of a COVID positive person? Temp tower? Shut down the tower and/or approach?

And I'm also not seeing anything from either CLE or ZOB or surrounding facilities about CLE closing.

It we bid then we definitely wouldn't be going alternative on Sunday and if we want to follow the CBA then you would have to issue the bid, have the cooling off period, begin the bid and would eventually hit the one guy that won't answer his phone and is on his first day RDO.

I said some semblance . You dint answer phone for a reasonable bit of time you get skipped. At least you tried tho! The spirit of the CBA was adhered to even loosely. This is a slippery slope. Lot of hardcore NATCA heavy hitters are very leery right now of this suspension of Slate book Habeus Corpus!

Any place been talking contingency plans in case of a COVID positive person? Temp tower? Shut down the tower and/or approach?

isnt the whole idea that if you get that... the facility gets cleaned and then you have a whole new "fresh" crew to come in and take over? IE, no more free leave

I said some semblance . You dint answer phone for a reasonable bit of time you get skipped. At least you tried tho! The spirit of the CBA was adhered to even loosely. This is a slippery slope. Lot of hardcore NATCA heavy hitters are very leery right now of this suspension of Slate book Habeus Corpus!

I think they did the best they could do with the limited time that they had. I was asked. Some people junior to me got something a little bit better and some people definitely senior to me got what they wanted before me. Somebody is going to have to adjust, most notably people who are Sunday/Monday off will obviously be eliminated from getting anything they want if it involves Team A. I personally believe the absolute priority was reducing staffing as quickly as possible and limiting our exposure to the maximum extent possible.

5 on 5 off, all shifts assigned, no preferences canvassed (well, not for the whole facility anyway), crews of 10 and 7. Don't ask. I don't know why. Just shoot me with a coronavirus dart pls

I was asked. Some people junior to me got something a little bit better and some people definitely senior to me got what they wanted before me. Somebody is going to have to adjust, most notably people who are Sunday/Monday off will obviously be eliminated from getting anything they want if it involves Team A.

so then we agree. You got it. Unless you think you shouldn't have had any say and your fac did it wrong lol. many facilities are having it wholly dictated to them ( like Hissmeowra apparently). they want what you got. sometimes maybe some things dont have to be reflexively defended automatically. What you got in your facility sounds proper. You are lucky. ITs hard to be in charge. Heavy lies the head that wears the crown, but they volunteered for it.

Back
Top Bottom