The woeful unpreparedness of Management

So far, 5 on, 5 off.
Two crews.
No luck with changing facility hours.
Complete fear and paranoia of going ATC-Anything.
Where you at? You don't have to give the name but a place super busy or super small? It seems like 5 on 10 off works great for medium sized facilities, but I can see it being a mess at ultra high volume or short staffed low level places, 5 on, 5 off might be the best you can do.

Where you at? You don't have to give the name but a place super busy or super small? It seems like 5 on 10 off works great for medium sized facilities, but I can see it being a mess at ultra high volume or short staffed low level places, 5 on, 5 off might be the best you can do.
Lower level tower only.

Not important enough to warrant the stupidity we harness. Not busy enough, especially now, to rationalize only 2 crews. The district manager for our region is the cause of the issues (as I’m told).

Lower level tower only.

Not important enough to warrant the stupidity we harness. Not busy enough, especially now, to rationalize only 2 crews. The district manager for our region is the cause of the issues (as I’m told).
I'm sure the district manager, some ATMs and Fac Reps will all want to put their own spin on this. Just like all governors and mayors take the CDC guidelines and put there own spin on the virus. That's why cattle ranches in ultra rural secluded California have to follow some of the insane over restrictions designed for LA.

So for anyone:
Anyone going to 1-person mids?
Anyone reducing facility hours?
5 days on, 10 off like the guidance says?
5 on, 5 off?
Someone calls in sick; call in OT?
5 on; 10 off. Pushes should be interesting, but I'm grateful it worked out because I didn't think our facility would be able to make it work.
If someone calls in, they will not be filled with OT but rather services may be curtailed.

8 up/down. 3 crews, 5 on 10 off. Still 2 on the mid.
21 CPCs, 5 tower only certified. Supes working in the rotation. Losing a body on any shift will most likely put us in alert, especially if the .mil shows up. Its gonna be fun.

9 Tower. 3 crews. 5 on 10 off. 2 on the mid.
22 CPCs, 2 CPC-ITs GC qualified assigned to a crew as a full body (the CPC-ITs Don't work a MID-- in this case the 7 people in that crew rotate to cover). 3 Sups(each assigned a crew) working 5 on 10 off-- HRs 10 am to 6 pm
Was told no Credit, no OT, if you bang you are screwing over your crew.

another note-- those level 4/5/6 tower only locations should just be closed. TBD reopen. Class E airspace. Even the lower level UP/Downs should give the airspace to a bigger adjacent facilities....I know a lot of people on here will get butt hurt about the comment but, the current traffic situation tells all... Not sure if this was talked about earlier.

another note-- those level 4/5/6 tower only locations should just be closed. TBD reopen. Class E airspace. Even the lower level UP/Downs should give the airspace to a bigger adjacent facilities....I know a lot of people on here will get butt hurt about the comment but, the current traffic situation tells all... Not sure if this was talked about earlier.
The logical route never seems to apply in this field. We wouldn’t want to “squeeze and abuse” all this free time off, ya know?

The logical route never seems to apply in this field. We wouldn’t want to “squeeze and abuse” all this free time off, ya know?
Ah yes. I agree. Too simple and logical. We can't give CPCs time off, we already told those not certified thru D1/D2 at bigger facilities to stay home until further notice..probably only a few thousand of them.. what's a few more?

*shrugs for being in a high risk category* sidenote: My house and garage are now squeaky clean and the necessary NEMA 10-30 adapter bought for my future Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom