The woeful unpreparedness of Management

What does the one controller do?
At our center, they sat in the cafeteria and waited for the other mid shifters to arrive at 4 (they all got admin from 11 to 4). Supposedly the cleaning company gave the control room, controller support wing, and the NATCA office the "level 3" cleaning (whatever that means). Don't know how the lucky controller got chosen though.

At our center, they sat in the cafeteria and waited for the other mid shifters to arrive at 4 (they all got admin from 11 to 4). Supposedly the cleaning company gave the control room, controller support wing, and the NATCA office the "level 3" cleaning (whatever that means). Don't know how the lucky controller got chosen though.
Well I mean what’s the purpose of having the one controller there doing nothing? What is the thought behind we need 1 controller

Well I mean what’s the purpose of having the one controller there doing nothing? What is the thought behind we need 1 controller
Well obviously to test if the cleaning worked. After the decontamination crew leaves, the single controller goes back and licks all of the keyboards. If he doesn’t feel sick afterwards, the cleaning was successful and normal ops can resume.

I'm guessing they need one federal employee in the building for some reason. Although the keyboard licking thing sounds pretty reasonable.

I will be doing this ???. Remember the agency put out that memo saying DO NOT wear masks? The same one that said don't be a racist? DISGRACE! Will they be providing N95 masks? Will all the Minnesota nice facilities be getting them seeing as 3M is HQed there? Is this going to be the new normal... masks like how everyone in China wears them all the time anyway!?

N95ATC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be doing this ???. Remember the agency put out that memo saying DO NOT wear masks? The same one that said don't be a racist? DISGRACE! Will they be providing N95 masks? Will all the Minnesota nice facilities be getting them seeing as 3M is HQed there? Is this going to be the new normal... masks like how everyone in China wears them all the time anyway!?

View attachment 3655
Wow it’s almost as if that’s the same change in guidance that everyone got...
No, no, you’re right. It must be that the agency wants everyone to die.

edit: goofed a word

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, you’re right. It must be that Natca wants everyone to die.

NATCA has been fighting FAA vigorously on all things Covid19 from day 1. Hence the part where I said, "the agency".

No, no, you’re right. It must be that Natca wants everyone to die.
Slip of the tongue. Regardless, it’s the CDC that made the first and most recent recommendation regarding masks, not the big bad agency.

I’d say they are gonna get rid of the mid. I been working 5 straight mids and it’s dead. Maybe talk to two aircraft from 0000-0500. I love the mid and I hope they don’t get rid of it but I can see that coming. We been using on tower on certified trainees for staffing. At this point, there’s no reason to just combine the Tracon in the tower and cut staffing and let people go home.

Back
Top Bottom