TRACON track for new hires

My HR POC would not confirm that it’s for N90 for some reason. I’ve been banking on going there so it would be nice to have that confirmed but the general consensus is that that’s what it’s for...

My HR POC would not confirm that it’s for N90 for some reason. I’ve been banking on going there so it would be nice to have that confirmed but the general consensus is that that’s what it’s for...

My HR POC was also really weird about it. For starters, they gave me the wrong end date by like a month initially. I reached out to reconfirm and they’re still saying an end date that would be wayyyy to soon. Also, they won’t confirm what is job jeopardy and what isn’t. I know it’s posted all over but with this being a new track, it would be nice to hear directly from them what is job jeopardy and what isn’t.

My HR POC was also really weird about it. For starters, they gave me the wrong end date by like a month initially. I reached out to reconfirm and they’re still saying an end date that would be wayyyy to soon. Also, they won’t confirm what is job jeopardy and what isn’t. I know it’s posted all over but with this being a new track, it would be nice to hear directly from them what is job jeopardy and what isn’t.
Directly from them (via a TELCON)

Basics - Pass/Fail
RTF - Pass/Pass
TSEW - Pass/Pass
TETRA - Pass/Fail

Directly from them (via a TELCON)

Basics - Pass/Fail
RTF - Pass/Pass
TSEW - Pass/Pass
TETRA - Pass/Fail

Ok great. Is that for both new hires and prev experience. Now the only questions that remain are:
1. If you don’t pass TETRA, but do really well in TSEW, are you terminated? (As no experience new hire)
2. If you pass TETRA, is that an automatic N90?

I live 15 mins from N90 but I was realllly hoping to get away a bit and not stay in the area. I would consider moving back in the future but right now, I would much rather live elsewhere.

Ok great. Is that for both new hires and prev experience. Now the only questions that remain are:
1. If you don’t pass TETRA, but do really well in TSEW, are you terminated? (As no experience new hire)
2. If you pass TETRA, is that an automatic N90?

I live 15 mins from N90 but I was realllly hoping to get away a bit and not stay in the area. I would consider moving back in the future but right now, I would much rather live elsewhere.
1) I find it hard to believe the agency would fire someone who passes everything except the 10+ screen when you could still be useful at a 9 or lower.
2) No, all higher level facilities will end up using TETRA. N90 was just the first and most critically staffed to try it out.

What do they have for your end date? I agree though I wish they’d be more upfront and just let us know it’s for N90. I mean it obviously is but I’d feel better knowing for sure after the academy I’m just coming home. It would uncomplicate everything even though it’s pretty safe to say we’re going there. Maybe someone who stared 4/2 can confirm if they’ve been told. I was told to ask ATO when I arrived.

What do they have for your end date? I agree though I wish they’d be more upfront and just let us know it’s for N90. I mean it obviously is but I’d feel better knowing for sure after the academy I’m just coming home. It would uncomplicate everything even though it’s pretty safe to say we’re going there. Maybe someone who stared 4/2 can confirm if they’ve been told. I was told to ask ATO when I arrived.
Because they Dont know, it has nothing to do with their job.

1) I find it hard to believe the agency would fire someone who passes everything except the 10+ screen when you could still be useful at a 9 or lower.
2) No, all higher level facilities will end up using TETRA. N90 was just the first and most critically staffed to try it out.

That’s what I was thinking in regards to the first question but I want to find that out for sure and how exactly they decide whether or not you should be terminated. Yes it’s not fair if they do terminate you after TETRA but they probably don’t really care. Thanks for your input!

That’s what I was thinking in regards to the first question but I want to find that out for sure and how exactly they decide whether or not you should be terminated. Yes it’s not fair if they do terminate you after TETRA but they probably don’t really care. Thanks for your input!
I posted in a previous thread about it, but you all will need to find out officially what happens if you do not pass TETRA. If they will send you to a 9 or below TRACON, best to take a dive and avoid N90. You'll get a better facility that way then going through the NEST after washing from N90.

If people knew you'd get placed to a 9 and below no matter what, I imagine most would purposely fail out so they wouldn't get stuck at n90 for eternity.

Because they Dont know, it has nothing to do with their job.

Yeah that’s fine, but someone else who switched from enroute said their rep told them they were on the track for N90 because they requested to stay in NY. I’m sure the reps aren’t clueless... but yeah it’s not their job.

What bid are you coming in on? I know for the n90 bid, depending on your experience you may not have to do certain portions. There will be people who skip rtf and start at tsew

If failing TETRA for new hires results in placement to a less than 10 then RTF should be pass/fail job jeopardy. Having basics be the only pass/fail job jeopardy for new hires is basically an entire pass/pass track. Who's failing basics? Also they're gonna have the same type of problem they had in the past when people would fail the N90 labs on purpose.

Last edited:
If failing TETRA for new hires results in placement to a less than 10 then RTF should be pass/fail job jeopardy. Having basics be the only pass/fail job jeopardy for new hires is basically an entire pass/pass track. Who's failing basics? Also they're gonna have to same type of problem they had in the past when people would fail the N90 labs on purpose.

Exactly, and to get RTF pass/fail again means they need more FAA evaluators which they don't have. It's high level tracon supervisors doing the tetra PAs, I don't see them going in just to watch RTF students.

Back
Top Bottom