TRACON track for new hires

yeah that would make sense. I read the question as equating it to the new hire track.

Sorry if the question was confusing. My question really was about those transferring from lower level facilities to places like A80, A90, D01, PCT, NCT, SCT etc. through NCEPT and if they would have to go through TETRA in addition to TSEW and whether or not they would be pass/fail.

Sorry if the question was confusing. My question really was about those transferring from lower level facilities to places like A80, A90, D01, PCT, NCT, SCT etc. through NCEPT and if they would have to go through TETRA in addition to TSEW and whether or not they would be pass/fail.

Anyone coming from lower than a 10 to a 10+ has to go to TETRA and yes it would be pass/fail

TETRA stands for Ten Eleven Twelve Radar Assessment. It's is meant to be the screen for anyone going to a 10+ TRACON. For the moment it's filled with new hires going to N90 aside from the first class or two. Its ultimate purpose is to be the screen for everyone not currently at a 10+ that's trying to go to one. If you can't/don't pass it, they don't want to risk wasting their time with you at the facility.

Back
Top Bottom