UAW / Ford Tentative Agreement

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
Today, our UAW national negotiators reached a tentative agreement with Ford. We said record profits mean record contracts, and the Stand Up Strike has delivered.

UAW President Shawn Fain and Vice President Chuck Browning announced the agreement in a video released tonight.

In the video, President Fain and Vice President Browning give an overview of the agreement, while outlining next steps in the ratification process. Here’s a summary of what we’ve won at Ford:

• The gains in the deal are valued at more than four times the gains from the 2019 contract.
  • It provides more in base wage increases than Ford workers have received in the past 22 years.
  • The agreement grants 25% in base wage increases through April 2028.
  • It cumulatively raises the top wage by over 30% to more than $40 an hour.
  • It raises the starting wage by 68%, to over $28 an hour.
  • The lowest-paid workers at Ford will see a raise of more than 150% over the life of the agreement.
  • Some workers will receive an immediate 85% increase immediately upon ratification.

The agreement reinstates major benefits lost during the Great Recession, including Cost-of-Living Allowances (COLA) and a three-year Wage Progression, as well as killing divisive wage tiers in the union.

It improves retirement for current retirees, those workers with pensions, and those who have 401(k) plans. It also includes a historic right to strike over plant closures, a first for our union.

As President Fain said, the members are the highest authority in our union, so they will make the final decision on this agreement after it’s reviewed by the UAW-Ford National Council.

While we’re going through the ratification process, President Fain and Vice President Browning are asking UAW members at Ford to return to work. We’re going back to work at Ford to keep the pressure on Stellantis and GM. The last thing they want is for Ford to get back to full capacity while they mess around and lag behind.

The Stand Up Strike continues at Stellantis and GM, where we will keep fighting for a fair agreement for every UAW member.

In Solidarity,

The UAW Organizing Team

Thoughts?

Don’t worry everybody, I’m sure our raise is next. 🙄
Not only will we continue to only get low yearly raises, with gov spending/debt at what it is we will have to fight from getting benefits, pay, and pension cuts. The common citizen has a very low opinion of government workers so pressure from there to help us will be mute. Congress is a heaping mess of corruption and seems more than happy to do nothing about us until we can be used as pawns in shutdowns. The yearly Jan raises can be anywhere from 0-5% but have not even come close to keeping us up with inflation. Our contract 1.6 raises are decently laughable, especially for those who got put at low level facilities first and transferred up. You just get put at bottom of new pay band when you CPC, losing all the 1.6s you got before. They have been nice for high level long serving CPCs, but newer people into the agency have seen and will never see much benefit from them.

The contract extension was dumb, and for everyone saying "if we go back and negotiate we can lose things", I counter... for 10% base pay increase I'm willing to lose credit hours, flip flops, and/or preferred leave status on birthday.

Fuck NATCA, but on a side note why would anyone with a factory in their city go to college?

They are probably handing those jobs away to 18 years olds who can pass the drug test at $28 a hour. By the time you are 22 and would have graduated college you are at the full wage of $40 a hour. That’s basically level six pay, plus I’m sure there is OT and the 5K+ a year COLA payments.

You can max out more with a quality degree but what percent of kids achieve to the higher levels of the career, plus you have the debt if your parents didn’t pay for it.

Not only will we continue to only get low yearly raises, with gov spending/debt at what it is we will have to fight from getting benefits, pay, and pension cuts. The common citizen has a very low opinion of government workers so pressure from there to help us will be mute. Congress is a heaping mess of corruption and seems more than happy to do nothing about us until we can be used as pawns in shutdowns. The yearly Jan raises can be anywhere from 0-5% but have not even come close to keeping us up with inflation. Our contract 1.6 raises are decently laughable, especially for those who got put at low level facilities first and transferred up. You just get put at bottom of new pay band when you CPC, losing all the 1.6s you got before. They have been nice for high level long serving CPCs, but newer people into the agency have seen and will never see much benefit from them.

The contract extension was dumb, and for everyone saying "if we go back and negotiate we can lose things", I counter... for 10% base pay increase I'm willing to lose credit hours, flip flops, and/or preferred leave status on birthday.
I for one would be willing to lose ncept even though it's the best thing for us

Fuck NATCA, but on a side note why would anyone with a factory in their city go to college?

They are probably handing those jobs away to 18 years olds who can pass the drug test at $28 a hour. By the time you are 22 and would have graduated college you are at the full wage of $40 a hour. That’s basically level six pay, plus I’m sure there is OT and the 5K+ a year COLA payments.

You can max out more with a quality degree but what percent of kids achieve to the higher levels of the career, plus you have the debt if your parents didn’t pay for it.
NATCA has such a chokehold on career progression they should just remove the masks and show their true identities, management 2.0. Doesn’t make any sense that we need NATCA’s blessing to move from one facility to another or that we need NATCA to approve a checkout for a trainee. Hell, you even need NATCA to approve a controller to go to CIC class or become an OJTI. So if your rep has it out for you, you’re SOL. And of course, if you leave the union, well…you may as well kiss your chances of ever transferring goodbye. NATCA is useless.

NATCA has such a chokehold on career progression they should just remove the masks and show their true identities, management 2.0. Doesn’t make any sense that we need NATCA’s blessing to move from one facility to another or that we need NATCA to approve a checkout for a trainee. Hell, you even need NATCA to approve a controller to go to CIC class or become an OJTI. So if your rep has it out for you, you’re SOL. And of course, if you leave the union, well…you may as well kiss your chances of ever transferring goodbye. NATCA is useless.

I'm confused do they have too much power or are they useless

I for one would be willing to lose ncept even though it's the best thing for us
We should get rid of NECPT and just penalize the FAA for moving controllers. We all being screwed anyways. May as well make the agency pay moving expenses and full base pay of the receiving facility. The agency isn't going to understaff their big facilities that most people are fighting to go to. We can't strike but we can all just say we don't wanna move and make the agency move us against our will which we should be compensated for.

Back
Top Bottom