UAW / Ford Tentative Agreement

Personally my salary has gone up $32,973 since this time in 2018. All as CPC at current facility which is a 12. That breaks down to $2,747/mo or $1,268/pp.

My Gross is up $61,838 as well (probably work about 80% of the OT assigned so could be higher). That’s $5,153/mo or $2,378/pp.

Personally, financially, I’ve never had any issues but I’m not just throwing my money away like some of my coworkers just because. Saying that, there are definitely things I would still change with pay (especially our premiums and OT).

I cant speak for those at the lower levels though. I know a few people at 6s and know the struggle can be real.
Yeah, i think that's gonna be the big thing that pushes you way beyond others. The majority of NAS aren't level 12s.

Yeah, i think that's gonna be the big thing that pushes you way beyond others. The majority of NAS aren't level 12s.
100% agree. But believe me, we have just as many people that have issues with their pay at 12s as those guys working the 6s and below.

Maybe you were a AG then and a CPC at a level 7 now?

I wonder if it really is now? Working in a factory being hard. It’s more physical and harder then our job in that respect but since factory job unions are so strong and you have OSHA and other federal agencies up the factories ass I doubt it that’s bad now, 2% as hard as the sweatshop factories they had the Irish immigrants work at in NYC and Boston in the early 1900’s.

No I was a cpc at the same facility in 2018 as now.

I’m just pointing out peoples flaws in their arguments. I want a raise. I also expect people to have sound arguments.

My base is $32,000 more than in 2018.

No I was a cpc at the same facility in 2018 as now.

I’m just pointing out peoples flaws in their arguments. I want a raise. I also expect people to have sound arguments.

My base is $32,000 more than in 2018.
So your raises from 2018-2023 actually beat inflation. According to this calculation I found online

$1 in 2018 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $1.23 today, an increase of $0.23 over 5 years. The dollar had an average inflation rate of 4.14% per year between 2018 and today, producing a cumulative price increase of 22.51%.

So in reality, you may have had 32k worth of raises but because of inflation you really only feel about a 9k-10k difference.

EDIT: someone please check my math because believe it or not, I’m not good at math.

I'm guessing some of you guys are including the 1.6% June part of the raise as part of your "keeping up with inflation" metrics, which it should not be. That is supposed to be a real raise that means you're getting paid more because of your length of service. The January gov't raises that move the pay bands are the ones that should keep up with inflation. 1.6% each year should be on top of that, until you hit the top of the pay band.

Also gross pay increases are meaningless without the percentages involved.

Not to mention people that were on their bid that got level 6 up downs making 90k a year and can never leave. Flip of a coin whether you’re financially secure or struggle in the middle of nowhere.

If you think Lvl 6 pay is low...check out the lvl 4 pay. My members could work at Mickey D's and make the same amount and wouldn't have to travel across the country to do it.

UAW contract getting voted down at multiple plants because “younger workers are getting too much compared to veteran workers.” WTF.
Do you think we need a “B” pay-scale in ATC? Maybe fuck over all the new hires to get a one time major increase for existing hires? I know it’s been frowned upon in the past but desperate times……

Do you think we need a “B” pay-scale in ATC? Maybe fuck over all the new hires to get a one time major increase for existing hires? I know it’s been frowned upon in the past but desperate times……
IMO that degrades the profession. I would not vote for that. (Not like we would get a vote anyways)

Isn’t the “B” scale already in place on the terminal side with all the downgrades and increased FERs contributions? I was just pointing out that the Union is going to have the same problem trying to appease the over the payband, top of seniority crowd. But whatever it takes to screw over the younger controllers they will be happy.

Isn’t the “B” scale already in place on the terminal side with all the downgrades and increased FERs contributions? I was just pointing out that the Union is going to have the same problem trying to appease the over the payband, top of seniority crowd. But whatever it takes to screw over the younger controllers they will be happy.
It's the reason we have weird numpads and trackballs instead of mice.

Why should someone else get something that's not gonna benefit me

In Solidarity

Today, our UAW national negotiators reached a tentative agreement with Ford. We said record profits mean record contracts, and the Stand Up Strike has delivered.

UAW President Shawn Fain and Vice President Chuck Browning announced the agreement in a video released tonight.

In the video, President Fain and Vice President Browning give an overview of the agreement, while outlining next steps in the ratification process. Here’s a summary of what we’ve won at Ford:

• The gains in the deal are valued at more than four times the gains from the 2019 contract.
  • It provides more in base wage increases than Ford workers have received in the past 22 years.
  • The agreement grants 25% in base wage increases through April 2028.
  • It cumulatively raises the top wage by over 30% to more than $40 an hour.
  • It raises the starting wage by 68%, to over $28 an hour.
  • The lowest-paid workers at Ford will see a raise of more than 150% over the life of the agreement.
  • Some workers will receive an immediate 85% increase immediately upon ratification.

The agreement reinstates major benefits lost during the Great Recession, including Cost-of-Living Allowances (COLA) and a three-year Wage Progression, as well as killing divisive wage tiers in the union.

It improves retirement for current retirees, those workers with pensions, and those who have 401(k) plans. It also includes a historic right to strike over plant closures, a first for our union.

As President Fain said, the members are the highest authority in our union, so they will make the final decision on this agreement after it’s reviewed by the UAW-Ford National Council.

While we’re going through the ratification process, President Fain and Vice President Browning are asking UAW members at Ford to return to work. We’re going back to work at Ford to keep the pressure on Stellantis and GM. The last thing they want is for Ford to get back to full capacity while they mess around and lag behind.

The Stand Up Strike continues at Stellantis and GM, where we will keep fighting for a fair agreement for every UAW member.

In Solidarity,

The UAW Organizing Team

Thoughts?
UAW president could have avoided this whole thing of "ratifying the contract if they simply "extended" the old one like NATCA. WTF was UAW thinking!

Newer controllers already pay more into FERS for the same benefits than others with a pension system that’s going bankrupt. Everyone should be paying the same.

Newer controllers already pay more into FERS for the same benefits than others with a pension system that’s going bankrupt. Everyone should be paying the same.
It's crazy how many of the new hires I see don't understand the difference in FERS contributions between new and older employees.

It's more money than quitting natca 3 times over would be.

Back
Top Bottom