Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

Question:

You get paid during these online basics right? well I’m assuming there’s gonna be a gap of time between when you graduate online basics to when you go to OKC to finish the rest.

So let’s say someone graduates their online basics in August and then gets an OKC class date of December in order to finish the final half. Would they get paid during that 3 month gap between August and December?

Just letting everybody know, I just got offered a spot in the June 11th online basics class. Didn't have an FOL before this, so either they're starting to offer it to everybody now, or they ran out of people with already completed FOLs and are having to resort to new people.

Same! I was all cleared in February, offered May 27th class date, and did not receive my FOL until after accepting online basics during the phone call with my HR rep about two weeks ago.

This makes me happy to hear, as I never received an FOL either. Do you know when you received medical clearance? I was cleared 03/13/2020. I’m hoping you were cleared relatively close to me. Then maybe that’d mean I might be getting a date soon
I was actually cleared all the way back at the beginning of February, so I would imagine I was towards the beginning of the list, so about a month ahead of you. Hopefully not much longer for you!

I'd assume they're trying to fill online basics class up as much as possible. I remember reading that a few separate class dates were scheduled to begin online basics the same date.

Question:

You get paid during these online basics right? well I’m assuming there’s gonna be a gap of time between when you graduate online basics to when you go to OKC to finish the rest.

So let’s say someone graduates their online basics in August and then gets an OKC class date of December in order to finish the final half. Would they get paid during that 3 month gap between August and December?
I asked that same question when I was offered the online basics. I was told that you will be getting paid to wait once you finish basics, however long that may be

Accepted the 7/13 online enroute

I was told the online basics is 25 business days, does that sound right to anyone who has gone through it?

I was told the online basics is 25 business days, does that sound right to anyone who has gone through it?

25 business days is for the in person basics course. The virtual basics they seem to have down to 18 business days. Mine starts June 22 and ends July 15

Did they contact you via email or did they call you?

also when did you receive your medical clearance if you don’t mind me asking

Did they contact you via email or did they call you?

also when did you receive your medical clearance if you don’t mind me asking
They called me this morning

I was never told directly when I cleared my medical, but I received an email on March 9 stating I was fully cleared, just pending a class date

Received a call as well today. She mentioned that after virtual boarding ended that the academy would have things for us to do while waiting for the academy to open. Does anyone who finished virtual boarding able to explain what she meant by this?

Received a call as well today. She mentioned that after virtual boarding ended that the academy would have things for us to do while waiting for the academy to open. Does anyone who finished virtual boarding able to explain what she meant by this?
From reading earlier class dates you spend about 3 hours a day covering some of the material covered after basics (enroute/terminal). You get paid for the full eight hours though.

From reading earlier class dates you spend about 3 hours a day covering some of the material covered after basics (enroute/terminal). You get paid for the full eight hours though.
They also expect you to do 5 hours of self studying every day, from what I've read.

They also expect you to do 5 hours of self studying every day, from what I've read.
Didn't know that but don't think it's necessary to study 3 hours of material for 5 hours a day unless you're covering material at light speed. .

Ok, here’s a dumb question from a guy awaiting a class date/FOL. What’s virtual on boarding vs online basics? Thnx

Back
Top Bottom