What do you plan on doing after you retire?

Im a long way off, but I would love to move to an airpark in the south east and fly until the EPA bans 100LL

Lol yeah because it's so tough working in the federal government?

Back stabbing controllers making false EEO complaints / washing out trying to save their jobs... Douche flm's and atm's. Shit rules get made because one idiot can't separate their ass cheaks let alone two airplanes, like marking a flight strip to be a reminder that you issued a landing clearance?! The list goes on and on.

Don't get me wrong I love working traffic, the benefits and pay are great for now but sooner or later that will get fucked with. If we could just find a way to get rid of shit employees and mgmt...

Back stabbing controllers making false EEO complaints / washing out trying to save their jobs... Douche flm's and atm's. Shit rules get made because one idiot can't separate their ass cheaks let alone two airplanes, like marking a flight strip to be a reminder that you issued a landing clearance?! The list goes on and on.

Don't get me wrong I love working traffic, the benefits and pay are great for now but sooner or later that will get fucked with. If we could just find a way to get rid of shit employees and mgmt...

Not defending the Fed but if you think that’s any different on the private side you’re going to be disappointed.

But yes I agree when I retire I also will never be working for the federal government again.

Not defending the Fed but if you think that’s any different on the private side you’re going to be disappointed.

But yes I agree when I retire I also will never be working for the federal government again.

I hear ya but it's nice to think that there is a "perfect" facility somewhere out there. Two best facilities in the faa... The one you're flipping off as your leaving on your last day and the new one you're going to.

I hear ya but it's nice to think that there is a "perfect" facility somewhere out there. Two best facilities in the faa... The one you're flipping off as your leaving on your last day and the new one you're going to.

That’s the basic conundrum that all controllers face. We hate the status quo...and change.

I worked in the private sector a long time before this and I conceded the private sector, like most of America, is becoming less hard core and more susceptible to fake EEO complaints, mandatory sensitivity training, bring your kid to work days, FMLA scams, 30 steps to fire someone and a different set of criteria if the person is a protected group or not, etc....... but demanding high standards and rule enforcement is still miles ahead in the private sector then they are here (or any agency).

It's our plan.
Do you have a British spouse? I was under the impression that it is very hard to move to the UK from the US as a US citizen only without dual citizenship. Although it may get easier if they do leave the EU since EU workers might not get preferred status when applying for jobs and residence permits anymore.

As a big EPL fan though (Manchester United), that sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to do that for a year.

Do you have a British spouse? I was under the impression that it is very hard to move to the UK from the US as a US citizen only without dual citizenship. Although it may get easier if they do leave the EU since EU workers might not get preferred status when applying for jobs and residence permits anymore.

As a big EPL fan though (Manchester United), that sounds like a lot of fun! I would love to do that for a year.

Probably easier to move when you’re already retired and won’t be taking any citizens job. But I don’t know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom