working for the faa in a nutshell

Yeah because at the academy they tell you lies about how you can do two yrs at your first facility and transfer anywhere you want blah blah blah
I'm with the people that say QoL is needed, and a raise is needed.

However, noone forced people to take a job in a low level place that they didn't want to be. It's not like their head was in a guillotine being told, "go here or you die."

People still accepted their offers. If that makes me an asshole for saying the obvious truth, then I guess I'm an asshole.

However, noone forced people to take a job in a low level place that they didn't want to be. It's not like their head was in a guillotine being told, "go here or you die."

People still accepted their offers. If that makes me an asshole for saying the obvious truth, then I guess I'm an asshole.

The FAA isn’t properly staffed which is the root of the reason why people are stuck in BFE with no end in sight.

THAT is the main issue here.

Everyone cannot get what they want. But the staffing is not where it needs to be. Do you agree?

Half the people in here bitching also vote Republican and then get confused when the party that hates government workers doesn’t give government workers more money

Half the people in here bitching also vote Republican and then get confused when the party that hates government workers doesn’t give government workers more money

Being totally serious, we need true solidarity together and not alienate people.

If you look at the stats, republicans average higher raise than dem president over time. Let’s not forget when Obama gave us 0’s for years.

With all that said, motherfuck Ronald Reagan. But I think it was a mistake for NATCA to support BieDone already when he hasn’t really done anything great for us as the most “labor friendly president ever”

Razewen?

You're absolutely correct, BUT many people who initially hire have BIG dreams to progress in their career just like any other job. Either to make more money or to make it back home. Then reality sinks in and you see its nothing but a dog and pony show. NCEPT cant help you, and good luck faking a hardship.

The FAA isn’t properly staffed which is the root of the reason why people are stuck in BFE with no end in sight.

THAT is the main issue here.

Everyone cannot get what they want. But the staffing is not where it needs to be. Do you agree?
I absolutely agree. I was simply saying people accepted their offers.

Personally, I don't do anything under the guise of, "well so and so promised this and this."

Unless that shit is in writing, I'm not taking it.

Maybe it's because I already worked for the government, but I learned in my time serving, whatever the govt or a federal entity tells you is a promise, expect whatever they do to be almost the polar opposite of what is promised.

I absolutely agree. I was simply saying people accepted their offers.

Personally, I don't do anything under the guise of, "well so and so promised this and this."

Unless that shit is in writing, I'm not taking it.

Maybe it's because I already worked for the government, but I learned in my time serving, whatever the govt or a federal entity tells you is a promise, expect whatever they do to be almost the polar opposite of what is promised.

We can make conditions better, but only together can we do it. And we can’t have soylent defeatist attitudes about it.

Staffing of the FAA is piss poor.
Our equipment is dilapidated and falling apart.
We’re overworked and underpaid as a whole after unprecedented inflation.
Morale at an all time low.
Other unions getting massive wins. I don’t give a fuck if they’re private unions, we need to eat.

If all these private companies are getting massive record breaking profits (airlines, UPS, Amazon…).

You saying we can’t enjoy a piece of that? The planes don’t move and the profits don’t occur without us.

KNOW YOUR WORTH KINGS 🦍👑

KNOW YOUR WORTH KINGS 🦍👑

#ATCSTRONG
#RAZEWENSTRONG
#RAZEMEOW

You're absolutely correct, BUT many people who initially hire have BIG dreams to progress in their career just like any other job. Either to make more money or to make it back home. Then reality sinks in and you see its nothing but a dog and pony show. NCEPT cant help you, and good luck faking a hardship.
I don't disagree. I tend to live by, "I'm hopeful, but I'm not optimistic." Then helps me stay away from surprise when staring in the face of inevitable disappointment.

RT AND SHARE TO ALL YO SOCIALS AND SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE AND LIKE BUTTON FOR MORE RAZENWEN CONTENT ✊🏻🦍👑🫡

I think pay could be bumped across the NAS. Money fixes everything.

You stuck at a level 5-7 and hate it? 50k/yr bump would make a lot of people much happier.

I’ve been at a 12 my whole career but I want my lower level brothers to eat. I’m a firm believer no controller should make less than a UPS driver. 170k/yr should be the absolute bottom salary for a full time ATCer. Top dogs should be at 250-300 base salary.

We can make conditions better, but only together can we do it. And we can’t have soylent defeatist attitudes about it.

Staffing of the FAA is piss poor.
Our equipment is dilapidated and falling apart.
We’re overworked and underpaid as a whole after unprecedented inflation.
Morale at an all time low.
Other unions getting massive wins. I don’t give a fuck if they’re private unions, we need to eat.

If all these private companies are getting massive record breaking profits (airlines, UPS, Amazon…).

You saying we can’t enjoy a piece of that? The planes don’t move and the profits don’t occur without us.

KNOW YOUR WORTH KINGS 🦍👑
I'm not saying we shouldn't get a piece of that. We absolutely should.

Unfortunately the reality of 32 hour work weeks in the current environment isn't realistic. Is it desirable? Absolutely. However, a already short staffed agency isn't going to cut hours.

Some of the things that would potentially fix this, I don't believe we will see occur in our life time. Even if it's implemented, it'd likely take 10yrs or more to make a difference.

The FAA needs to be realistic and stop telling half truths. Hiring 1500 to 1800 OTS controllers a year isn't going to solve shit when half of them are going to wash in the school house and maybe another 1/3 in OJT.

The academy will continue to bottleneck unless more instructors are hired. Almost noone wants to live in Oklahoma. They need to create more than one location, preferably desirable ones, potentially close to core 30 airports so people actually will step over to instruct, thus increasing number of people they can get through the school house.

That’s 5% every year. A total of 10%. Let’s say inflation last year was 7% and this year it’s 9%. That’s 16% total.

5<7
5<9
10<16

The real figures show an average of 5.57% increasing each year over the last two years. That’s still 11.14%.

10<11.14

Jesus fucking Christ where do these people come from who can’t do simple math?
Technically that's not how it works since the 9 percent is now based off the 7 percent from the year before but it's close enough lol

I'm not saying we shouldn't get a piece of that. We absolutely should.

Unfortunately the reality of 32 hour work weeks in the current environment isn't realistic. Is it desirable? Absolutely. However, a already short staffed agency isn't going to cut hours.

Some of the things that would potentially fix this, I don't believe we will see occur in our life time. Even if it's implemented, it'd likely take 10yrs or more to make a difference.

The FAA needs to be realistic and stop telling half truths. Hiring 1500 to 1800 OTS controllers a year isn't going to solve shit when half of them are going to wash in the school house and maybe another 1/3 in OJT.

The academy will continue to bottleneck unless more instructors are hired. Almost noone wants to live in Oklahoma. They need to create more than one location, preferably desirable ones, potentially close to core 30 airports so people actually will step over to instruct, thus increasing number of people they can get through the school house.
Pay can be fixed literally overnight. Get us off the fucking pay cap.

Bump every controller in the NAS by 20%.

Why should everyone get to eat except us?

Technically that's not how it works since the 9 percent is now based off the 7 percent from the year before but it's close enough lol
Right it’s compounding

Idk the answer, but yeah, QoL needs to be improved and quickly. 6 day work weeks for years on end is unacceptable. There are people that actually want to see their families. They need to speed up prior exp hires as well. Yes, there are some shitheads in prior exp as well, but waiting a year "pending flight surgeon review" shouldn't be as common as it is. There are some good potential candidates out there just waiting to be cleared.

Someone needs to find a way to make it more public just how bad things are. We come on forums and complain, but the closest thing I've seen lately to publicize some of our issues is the NYT article.

The number of, "I don't want to be identified because I might lose my job" statements should be very telling of the state of things.

People taking shortcuts with literally hundreds of people's lives should be telling of the state of things.

However, we still pay dues to a union that might not outright lie to a congress, but tell fucking half truths.

Idk what the solution is, but I personally think everything is going to get worse before it even remotely gets better.

Back
Top Bottom