working for the faa in a nutshell

When do we eat the rich 🔨 ✊

Idk the answer, but yeah, QoL needs to be improved and quickly. 6 day work weeks for years on end is unacceptable. There are people that actually want to see their families. They need to speed up prior exp hires as well. Yes, there are some shitheads in prior exp as well, but waiting a year "pending flight surgeon review" shouldn't be as common as it is. There are some good potential candidates out there just waiting to be cleared.

Someone needs to find a way to make it more public just how bad things are. We come on forums and complain, but the closest thing I've seen lately to publicize some of our issues is the NYT article.

The number of, "I don't want to be identified because I might lose my job" statements should be very telling of the state of things.

People taking shortcuts with literally hundreds of people's lives should be telling of the state of things.

However, we still pay dues to a union that might not outright lie to a congress, but tell fucking half truths.

Idk what the solution is, but I personally think everything is going to get worse before it even remotely gets better.
We need our union to do something about it

If the union doesn’t , then maybe we need to get rid of it and start over.

We need our union to do something about it

If the union doesn’t , then maybe we need to get rid of it and start over.
The union needs to push but a shorter work week comes from legislation, the 40 hour work week is so 1900s

I want it all. It might not all be feasible, but it’s something to work towards. There is no reason we shouldn’t try. Fuck collaboration. Sometimes you gotta get tough
I mean I'm all in favor of all workers who are legally allowed to strike until they cave in and make the 32 hour work week the new standard

Loser mentality, and this is why this job will keep getting shittier and shittier applicants because no one will want to put up with all of the absolute bs we do for 25 years for pay that is continually getting decimated by inflation
Again I never said I'm against giving us a raise. The opposite actually. I believe we should get more especially with inflation rising so much the last few years.

All those unions have a power we don't have. They can all threaten a stoppage and they've done it. Look at the writer's guild or the auto workers. And these guys are getting all this extra money out of their investors pockets. Our money has to come from the taxpayers and Congress. I doubt you'll find many congressmen that disagree with giving us more money. But when it comes time for the budget process or to get a bill pushed through, they'll balk because they'll want that money to go to some other program or waste of money in the government that is politically good for them. Welcome to being a federal employee.

SOOOOOOOO, whats the purpose of NATCA? Are we less represented because we are unionized feds? 'iTs a PriVaTe CompANY BrO" whats ridiculous is being in 'solidarity" with other unions and their causes but as soon as we talk money, we are out of the conversation. Are we not impacted by inflation?
Those unions don't have to get their funding through congress. They care more about impeachments then they do about any federal employees.

I mean I'm all in favor of all workers who are legally allowed to strike until they cave in and make the 32 hour work week the new standard
It should be the standard. It's been proven time and time again that 4 day weeks increase worker productivity and improve worker morale. If only our employer gave a damn about either of those...

It should be the standard. It's been proven time and time again that 4 day weeks increase worker productivity and improve worker morale. If only our employer gave a damn about either of those...

And safety. The more rested and content the workforce, the safer the system becomes. We need more staffing, more quality applicants, and more money

RAZEWEN RAZEWEN RAZEWEN!!!!

And safety. The more rested and content the workforce, the safer the system becomes. We need more staffing, more quality applicants, and more money
Negative, full facility rotations / 15 minute breaks / all leave outside of your 2 weeks denied / 6 day work weeks / 10 hour days / an ATM walking into the operation saying "in my experience."

I'm with the people that say QoL is needed, and a raise is needed.

However, noone forced people to take a job in a low level place that they didn't want to be. It's not like their head was in a guillotine being told, "go here or you die."

People still accepted their offers. If that makes me an asshole for saying the obvious truth, then I guess I'm an asshole.
This is BS. First of all you don’t even know where you are going. Second they swear for sure bro you can just transfer

Being totally serious, we need true solidarity together and not alienate people.

If you look at the stats, republicans average higher raise than dem president over time. Let’s not forget when Obama gave us 0’s for years.

With all that said, motherfuck Ronald Reagan. But I think it was a mistake for NATCA to support BieDone already when he hasn’t really done anything great for us as the most “labor friendly president ever”

Razewen?
Obama gave you zero cus of Republican poison pill sequestration

I'm not saying we shouldn't get a piece of that. We absolutely should.

Unfortunately the reality of 32 hour work weeks in the current environment isn't realistic. Is it desirable? Absolutely. However, a already short staffed agency isn't going to cut hours.

Some of the things that would potentially fix this, I don't believe we will see occur in our life time. Even if it's implemented, it'd likely take 10yrs or more to make a difference.

The FAA needs to be realistic and stop telling half truths. Hiring 1500 to 1800 OTS controllers a year isn't going to solve shit when half of them are going to wash in the school house and maybe another 1/3 in OJT.

The academy will continue to bottleneck unless more instructors are hired. Almost noone wants to live in Oklahoma. They need to create more than one location, preferably desirable ones, potentially close to core 30 airports so people actually will step over to instruct, thus increasing number of people they can get through the school house.
They need to word it better. You give us some sort of telework professional development day that can be done from home.

Back
Top Bottom