2023 FAA Reauthorization - consolidating low-level TRACONs

They'll never contract out low level towers again imo. One of the largest fumbles in the FAAs history. Contract them out so we can provide worse service, with bigger staffing issues, and have no "control" over the companies.
You got two out of three right. There's no proof that it's worse service though.

You got two out of three right. There's no proof that it's worse service though.
Plenty of proof. You can start with the 30 days to get rated or fired", then move on to how the FAA literally doesn't trust contract companies to do their own CTOs, so they send sups from FAA facilities to rate controllers on traffic they don't know how to run. And finally not actual proof, but look how often you see videos of controllers at contract towers arguing with pilots or doing silly things. Furthermore, this happens while they work a fraction of traffic the FAA does.

Source: contract controller at 2 contract towers

Man you got to look at it the right way. You are making huge money with OT in a low COLA area and like you said there is only one hard position in the building out of about 8 or so. So you probably only work a couple busy sessions a week for 150K. And if Santa is right (I doubt it, you saw how the powers that be lied to you already), but if he is right about ABACUS, you will be a 8 for sure.
Spokane and northern Idaho are no longer low COLA by any stretch. I grew up there and it’s crazy seeing the prices jump. I thought one day I’d be able to go back and get a place in the river. Not a chance lol.

Spokane and northern Idaho are no longer low COLA by any stretch. I grew up there and it’s crazy seeing the prices jump. I thought one day I’d be able to go back and get a place in the river. Not a chance lol.
You made me look at prices in Spokane... Yikes... Granted with some of the laws they recently passed, it is close to last on my list.

Back
Top Bottom