2024 NATCA President Election

None of us are arguing against our own interest (except that one guy who's name I can't remember). We're just saying opening the contract isn't some thing we should just mindlessly do because it will be so easy to win, like some of you are making it sound like. Believe it or not, there are multiple variables to consider.
The unfortunate truth. Pete showed how little political will he actually has with the CRWG thing. He spoke at NiW, and said he wants the FAA to use the CRWG staffing numbers. FAA gave him the middle finger. Pinning your hopes on this executive administration is misguided. I am willing to risk certain niceties to get more money. Some aren't.

None of us are arguing against our own interest (except that one guy who's name I can't remember). We're just saying opening the contract isn't some thing we should just mindlessly do because it will be so easy to win, like some of you are making it sound like. Believe it or not, there are multiple variables to consider.

I do also think we should have opened it, but I understand what else is at play.
It’s not mindless. It would have been when it was due to negotiate lol

The CWRG excel workbook is the biggest distraction ever. It’s meaningless

I like the CWRG. The problem is that by the time it's implemented (if implemented) the numbers will be just as useless as the ones we have now.
Not to mention that by the agencies logic, they will inevitably create more responsibilities for controllers through SOP dictates etc. More controllers to staff shifts, positions like CIC, D sides, assists, etc. All so not more than two or three people are on break at a time and they can appear worthy to the district and ATO overlords. Collectively, this will continue and exacerbate the problem that we already have.

View attachment 9367
Does anyone else find it odd that the two former leaders of FAA and NATCA are paraded around when they are directly responsible for the staffing situation we are in currently?
Wonder what their “consulting fees” are for this shit. I’d say people should demand they return all the money they got from their GoFundMe, but then again, anyone who was stupid enough to donate to that fucking scam deserves to lose their money.

Back
Top Bottom