2024 NATCA President Election

I think people here like controlling they just don’t like being stuck in a shitty place their whole life or working 6 day weeks or Natca not doing shit.
These are things to be upset about. But the union isn’t allowed to hire or place.
Your post makes no sense though, good controllers liking their job is not a “problem”. And you’re implying good controllers don’t move into leadership roles within the union but the entire NEB is comprised of members that certified at high level facilities. You don’t know any of them but you think you know they were all not good controllers?

These are things to be upset about. But the union isn’t allowed to hire or place.
Your post makes no sense though, good controllers liking their job is not a “problem”. And you’re implying good controllers don’t move into leadership roles within the union but the entire NEB is comprised of members that certified at high level facilities. You don’t know any of them but you think you know they were all not good controllers?
He knows it fits his narrative that he is a cool internet guy that fights the man (online only).

Yes which is why it’s insane that they spend time sending out emails about staffing. They don’t staff. They need to send emails about our contract. Fix staffing via the contract

He knows it fits his narrative that he is a cool internet guy that fights the man (online only).
the way to make change is get enough members pissed

I could care less how good my RVP is at controlling... I don't want my RVP controlling airplanes at all. You could be the worst ATCer on the planet and be the very best union rep in the world... this shit isn't about controlling airplanes....
I more mean like the scammer controller just keeps seeking out better scams till they are RVP.

Yes which is why it’s insane that they spend time sending out emails about staffing. They don’t staff. They need to send emails about our contract. Fix staffing via the contract
Well they’re communicating the issues they’re advocating for. Which is something literally everyone not named 32 would want from leadership.
If you had any experience in that arena you’d know that enforcing the agreements is the easy part. Anyone that cares can learn the docs and then throw them at management when they break them. It’s much harder to draft the agreements to create obligations or to convince them to do things outside agreements that they’re not obligated to do.

I more mean like the scammer controller just keeps seeking out better scams till they are RVP.
RVPs are elected

the way to make change is get enough members pissed
I was specifically replying to you assuming these people are bad at being controllers. It’s very clear that you think they are bad at doing everything else too.

Getting pissed without the ability to focus that anger on solutions will just destroy the Union.

Barley. We’ve all seen it no one runs and if you run and lose you get black balled. It’s like Russia or Iran.
In fairness and I myself am in this boat, a lot of people don’t want to do the work required for this job or the aggravation.

It’s only when you get truly annoyed will you run as you see the constant cronyism and crassness of the upper echelon.

A lot of people legitimately fear repercussions. So I completely understand that.

Then later you become like Mel Gibson in lethal weapon with nothing to lose, and say ‘fuck it’

1694738016488.gif

In fairness and I myself am in this boat, a lot of people don’t want to do the work required for this job or the aggravation.

It’s only when you get truly annoyed will you run as you see the constant cronyism and crassness of the upper echelon.

A lot of people legitimately fear repercussions. So I completely understand that.

Then later you become like Mel Gibson in lethal weapon with nothing to lose, and say ‘fuck it’

View attachment 8807
I think the only real way to get change is to make the membership so hostile they have no choice. And over the last year it’s been going that way.

You should go to an NEB meeting(if you are a member) and ask these questions. Speak your mind to them, see what they have to say in person.

That’s what someone that really wants answers and cares would do. Not bitch on an online forum.

You should go to an NEB meeting(if you are a member) and ask these questions. Speak your mind to them, see what they have to say in person.

That’s what someone that really wants answers and cares would do. Not bitch on an online forum.
Everyone fucking knows they aren’t going to answer. They will do nothing until the momentum is so much they have no choice.

Back
Top Bottom