25% prison bonus in Illinois.

Short staffed federal prison in Illinois.

Guess it isn’t that bad enough for us. At least that’s what Santa and Mick and Drew think. Because why would they ask for something?? Wouldn’t want to do that-!

Everything is good. Best contract ever. What a bunch of useless clowns.

You know for how much membership bitches on these forums about the same topics like a broken record, if just 1/10 of that effort was redirected into correspondence to leadership, something might get done… or at least there’s a better chance than just shouting into the wind over and over. But knock yourselves out.

You know for how much membership bitches on these forums about the same topics like a broken record, if just 1/10 of that effort was redirected into correspondence to leadership, something might get done… or at least there’s a better chance than just shouting into the wind over and over. But knock yourselves out.
And the first “get involved” NATCA apologist slides into the chat

And the first “get involved” NATCA apologist slides into the chat

I might be the first NATCA apologist that isn’t even a member of NATCA… but please don’t let me stand in your way of wasting time and effort complaining about shit in a glorified online comment section. Fingers crossed that works out for ya chief.

Justin Daniel’s is the only answer. Only person to talk to airplanes from the other yahoos running for more of the same!!!

Wait you get a 25% pay raise if you go to prison in Illinois? Alright, lemme grab my plane ticket and ski mask.
If it's the same thing federal prison workers in California are getting it's just a one time bonus of 25% of their base salary, not really a raise. But still.

If it's the same thing federal prison workers in California are getting it's just a one time bonus of 25% of their base salary, not really a raise. But still.
I’d be super happy to get a 25% bonus of my base salary until something else can be done. That would give me hope that NATCA can negotiate something better, but it won’t happen.

At some point, maybe retention bonuses will be considered. There’s plenty of people leaving the FAA from small towers. At my short staffed tracon, one quit last year and another this year. Let me say that again: Level 12, 220k plus with OT and quitting. Cuz if you ask any rich person in the world, money doesn’t bring true happiness.

Short staffed federal prison in Illinois.

Guess it isn’t that bad enough for us. At least that’s what Santa and Mick and Drew think. Because why would they ask for something?? Wouldn’t want to do that-!

Everything is good. Best contract ever. What a bunch of useless clowns.

Its easy to criticize them but i think they are doing the best that they can. I think alot of us place unreasonable expectations on them. Also i think after covid controllers got a huge sense of entitlement and bow all anyone can think of is time off and a pay raise (less work, more money). We should be thankful we have jobs especially with the impending recession looming.

Its easy to criticize them but i think they are doing the best that they can. I think alot of us place unreasonable expectations on them. Also i think after covid controllers got a huge sense of entitlement and bow all anyone can think of is time off and a pay raise (less work, more money). We should be thankful we have jobs especially with the impending recession looming.
Most of that shit is nuts, but I agree with your point on COVID, to a certain extent. What I think is that NATCA thought they “won” the COVID scam so much by getting people 5 on and 5 to 10 off, that the membership would never forget it or ask for anything ever again.

But the 5 on 5-10 off did not help everyone. It slowed training and the facilities that were already literally screwed with staffing, not just screwed on paper, never got to do 5 on 5 off. I think high level NATCA thought they would be viewed as heros for a generation but they forget people have short memories and miscalculated the blow back and consequences of not training for 18 months among other things.

Most of that shit is nuts, but I agree with your point on COVID, to a certain extent. What I think is that NATCA thought they “won” the COVID scam so much by getting people 5 on and 5 to 10 off, that the membership would never forget it or ask for anything ever again.

But the 5 on 5-10 off did not help everyone. It slowed training and the facilities that were already literally screwed with staffing, not just screwed on paper, never got to do 5 on 5 off. I think high level NATCA thought they would be viewed as heros for a generation but they forget people have short memories and miscalculated the blow back and consequences of not training for 18 months among other things.
They literally made half the membership lose 1-3 step raises they’ll never get back

From the Covid controller perspective since I got to my facility rents/groceries/childcare have all gone up 30%. I followed the traditional wisdom of don’t buy till you checkout and now not only have I been priced out of the market but I am also being bled dry by annual rent increases and despite looking there isn’t much cheaper in my area. Seeing private sector and public sector unions winning huge raises/retention bonuses/incentive pays and then hearing there’s nothing that can be attempted till 2026 definitely is leaving a lot of people with the impression of “we got ours already, fuck you”

From the Covid controller perspective since I got to my facility rents/groceries/childcare have all gone up 30%. I followed the traditional wisdom of don’t buy till you checkout and now not only have I been priced out of the market but I am also being bled dry by annual rent increases and despite looking there isn’t much cheaper in my area. Seeing private sector and public sector unions winning huge raises/retention bonuses/incentive pays and then hearing there’s nothing that can be attempted till 2026 definitely is leaving a lot of people with the impression of “we got ours already, fuck you”
Have you thought about moving back in with your parents? It’s becoming more and more common and it allows you to save more cash for a down payment on a home. Staying at home with your parents until age 30 can be extremely beneficial and alot of the bad stigma has been removed.

Back
Top Bottom