As a OJTI will you volunteer to train if training returns?

What else is there to talk about? It’s literally the only topic. Nothing is happening

all the real world non ATC shit going on people are too afraid to talk about. I dont blame them who wants to be called racist and beaten down just for being a normal person with normal values. sad!

My facility is taking however many hours you had on positions you were training on and adding it to target hours.

I have a feeling NATCA is going to be pretty busy here in 6-12 months. Anyone who washes in the next two years will be complaining they didnt get their fair share of traffic, will be fun to see how it all plays out.
I legit think that literally every developmental and CPCIT currently employed by the agency will get an extension on their first TRB if they fight for one. The integrity of the training program at every facility has been so altered that like it or not it’s probably justified.

I legit think that literally every developmental and CPCIT currently employed by the agency will get an extension on their first TRB if they fight for one. The integrity of the training program at every facility has been so altered that like it or not it’s probably justified.

only the ones at scam facilities with cultures that maliciously wash ppl out ( hello Yankee TRACON, etc) should have to worry about that. the vast majority will check out easy on pandemic traffic, and if not then you're obviously in the wrong job anyway

all the real world non ATC shit going on people are too afraid to talk about. I dont blame them who wants to be called racist and beaten down just for being a normal person with normal values. sad!
That's not how it works. All those black squares people posted and promptly never mentioned again solved inequality.

I would train if I could. I am currently a CPC-IT with 1 position left.
I have been working the past 120 days while other CPC-ITs who only have 1 position have been paid to sit at home. Fair? No. Hazard pay? Would help. OJTI pay bumped up to...30/40/50%???...to be akin to hazard pay? That might help stragglers too.

To the CPC/OJTIs who say we're being whiny: well, yes. This does indeed affect my high 3. This affects my budget and plan I had for my family. I had planned on being checked out by June for the raise, and was on track to do so. *I understand it's a global pandemic.* But if the FAA is not curtailing services....guess what? We still have an ATC shortage and traffic has come back and reduced staffing+social distancing don't work to keep the planes separated.

I think they should restrict ALL aviation. I know it'll probably be GA that takes the actual hit if someone ever decides to limit services. Beacuse we"have to keep the economy going" and the airlines are big money. There has been traffic to train at my level 12 for at least 2 months.
Career progression and fixing the ATC shortage are still things that HAVE to occur.
People who are getting paid the top of their career don't "need" to care and it shows.

ETA: I am also an OJTI, though not at my current facility, as I am CPC-IT. I mean if they would let me be a trainer I would train and if they let me be a trainee I would too.

Last edited:
I would train if I could. I am currently a CPC-IT with 1 position left.
I have been working the past 120 days while other CPC-ITs who only have 1 position have been paid to sit at home. Fair? No. Hazard pay? Would help. OJTI pay bumped up to...30/40/50%???...to be akin to hazard pay? That might help stragglers too.

To the CPC/OJTIs who say we're being whiny: well, yes. This does indeed affect my high 3. This affects my budget and plan I had for my family. I had planned on being checked out by June for the raise, and was on track to do so. *I understand it's a global pandemic.* But if the FAA is not curtailing services....guess what? We still have an ATC shortage and traffic has come back and reduced staffing+social distancing don't work to keep the planes separated.

I think they should restrict ALL aviation. I know it'll probably be GA that takes the actual hit if someone ever decides to limit services. Beacuse we"have to keep the economy going" and the airlines are big money. There has been traffic to train at my level 12 for at least 2 months.
Career progression and fixing the ATC shortage are still things that HAVE to occur.
People who are getting paid the top of their career don't "need" to care and it shows.

ETA: I am also an OJTI, though not at my current facility, as I am CPC-IT. I mean if they would let me be a trainer I would train and if they let me be a trainee I would too.
I’m in the same boat- working the past few months for staffing as a CPC-IT. I’m frustrated like most, but trying to stay patient... my primary has been pushing for the restart of training even though we’re at about 50% ops..I have One position left. He’s confident as well as I am that if I certify on the current traffic and the hopeful up tick in the next coming months that I can, and you all know the saying “can work the position under general supervision.” As the traffic increases, one builds confidence and the experience needed to do the job.

Back
Top Bottom