As a OJTI will you volunteer to train if training returns?

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
I know nothing is confirmed but it seems like there is momentum in the rumors that training will be attempted again soon. Assuming it is and assuming they ask you, would you volunteer to provide OJT?

I know its impossible to know what that would look like yet if things like masks or distancing are required but for now are you leaning toward training or not, and if no is it due to legit COVID concerns or other things (hating training, wanting to keep 5 and 5, less break, more risk of deals, etc.....)

Also, do you think you will even be asked or do you think it will be more of a mandate to start to train again for operational need? I don’t have it in front of me but there is the thing in the job descriptions that reads something like “Will provide OJT to new controllers”.

Altho i agree with modern day spartan warriors mnsalty , 32andBelow , et al - on their heroes journey .... How the fuck can we sit side by side trainees if (its fake but follow me) shit is SOOOOOO dangerous, that entire group of controllers are permanently on paid time off for any number of arbitrary reasons? So its soooooo hazardous (WHERE IS THE HAZARD PAY) that an entire subgroup of the workforce literally doesnt even have to show up for work for going on half a year, but the others will be forced to train? LOL. no. there will be big problems with this. There will be new people becoming incapacitated. Doesn't get much for a Dr. to write a note that says you are obsese and therefore high risk, suffer from anxiety, depression, fear of lack of hazard pay, etc. Many of the STATES that the largest facilites are in, are under the worst lockdowns! Yet pooooof, everything is fine once people enter the doors of an ATC facility; where NO ONE except that snarky asshole who told me "I wear one! fuck u very much" ; wears even a mask. Yet they are testing welding shields in Dallas? While Mark Cuban sits atop his ivory Tower in that same city shatting all over America and our beautiful anthem, whilst at the same time selling our SOULS to CHINA to commit mass genocide on religious minorities. I wont be accepting any Dallas bullshit. LOL and we already know from the PUSHING NCEPT thread that Dallas is a corrupt cesspool of Nepotism and back door deals so this welding mask experiment is as good as a Kangaroo Court where Ghislaine Maxwell & Jeff Epstein didnt kill themselves. No. this will not happen . ANyone who works under this rank hypocrisy & duress is a fools fools fool.

-r9yYsd9PNJVWFuDESGWaVlYzO7NKS_A7RWMznoYmidbWN5Vf2evSm3RPXZRLI5OrEgzJgxhG77DFo4nleLTT0aVl-WFwJf4_I7Nx_WJhb_XKlboeSWO-maOORb9CIvnJo0MYX7TyqHapvC-bg2rvBSf7mdSS4CtUUw

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard OJT is coming around...

Seriously what momentum? Outside of this forum I have not heard a peep from my facility, NATCA, SAIC or anyone else that thinks training is resuming soon.

I’ve come across a lot of spiteful (rightfully so or not is up for debate) controllers who could certainly use this as a middle finger to management who they hate and refuse to train or “get sick” when it’s time to train

Heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who, heard OJT is coming around...

Seriously what momentum? Outside of this forum I have not heard a peep from my facility, NATCA, SAIC or anyone else that thinks training is resuming soon.
I mean I heard it from an faa training manager

I've never seen a radar room in a Tracon or a center where a trainer couldn't sit at an empty scope adjacent to the trainee and not be able to be plugged in and able to overkey. Maybe not everywhere is the same but that is an overhyped worry.

For me the bigger issue is training and certifying people on low traffic levels. By no means the trainee's fault since nobody knows if or when the normal traffic ever comes back. There's no easy answer and you have to progress people's careers at some point.

I've never seen a radar room in a Tracon or a center where a trainer couldn't sit at an empty scope adjacent to the trainee and not be able to be plugged in and able to overkey. Maybe not everywhere is the same but that is an overhyped worry.

For me the bigger issue is training and certifying people on low traffic levels. By no means the trainee's fault since nobody knows if or when the normal traffic ever comes back. There's no easy answer and you have to progress people's careers at some point.
You must not have been to very many rest facilities then...

This still increases the risk of virus transmission, while on the other side of their mouths they say its so dangerous right now that some people dont even have to show up. Why should the non exempt employees be subjected to even greater risk than they are now, and not compensated for that increased risk? Like how 99% of jobs in the Western world work. Even in the military where you have very little rights, you are compensated for hazardous duty.

This still increases the risk of virus transmission, while on the other side of their mouths they say its so dangerous right now that some people dont even have to show up. Why should the non exempt employees be subjected to even greater risk than they are now, and not compensated for that increased risk? Like how 99% of jobs in the Western world work. Even in the military where you have very little rights, you are compensated for hazardous duty.
Bring training back and pay everyone hazard pay. I can dig it.

Back
Top Bottom