As a OJTI will you volunteer to train if training returns?

Because I think the only way they can continue to social distance is to deny services. And it's shitty if they say to only deny GA.
Agreed. As a very active user of the GA system, I would be very unhappy if it was arbitrarily impacted by some government order. Even with Covid, and certainly without it, GA is a huge pillar of economic activity and mostly impacts us "small guys". We are far less protected than some airline CEOs bonus or DFW not making as much on their landing fees.

Agreed. As a very active user of the GA system, I would be very unhappy if it was arbitrarily impacted by some government order. Even with Covid, and certainly without it, GA is a huge pillar of economic activity and mostly impacts us "small guys". We are far less protected than some airline CEOs bonus or DFW not making as much on their landing fees.
I'm sure you can do your touch-and-goes at an uncontrolled field just as easily as you could at DFW

Train? Sure, not much difference than when we split a sector and sit shoulder to shoulder with a CPC. Pre Covid only 60% of CPC’s were willing/certified to train. Kind of hard to knock even more people for not wanting to train now considering we’re supposed to be in the middle of a...pandemic...

It’s somewhat entertaining to see people eat each other alive on this forum.

giphy.gif

I know nothing is confirmed but it seems like there is momentum in the rumors that training will be attempted again soon. Assuming it is and assuming they ask you, would you volunteer to provide OJT?

I know its impossible to know what that would look like yet if things like masks or distancing are required but for now are you leaning toward training or not, and if no is it due to legit COVID concerns or other things (hating training, wanting to keep 5 and 5, less break, more risk of deals, etc.....)

Also, do you think you will even be asked or do you think it will be more of a mandate to start to train again for operational need? I don’t have it in front of me but there is the thing in the job descriptions that reads something like “Will provide OJT to new controllers”.

hell no, to the no no no

Back
Top Bottom