As a OJTI will you volunteer to train if training returns?

My management has also hinted that they’ll be giving people the option to start over on positions that they were in the middle of training on.

I believe if it’s been more than 120 days they have to start over

I agree, Gotta train and qualify on the traffic we got, not the worst day scenario. If that was the case no one would be qualified after 9/11 through today by those standards.

Our facility had people well on their way to washing out that will likely be beneficiaries of all this. Not sure that checking them out is fair to the trainee or the facility however. If anything DYSIM/Simulator evaluations need to be given even more weight once training starts again than they already are. But it sucks that a lot of trainees won't get to see things like they should like feeding a final sector when now all the radar is combined, or learning techniques that won't apply anymore because of traffic levels.

Again there is no one answer fits all solution here. It should probably be up to each individual facility on how to proceed but knowing the FAA that isn't going to happen (everyone has to get 3 hours a day no matter what)

Our facility had people well on their way to washing out that will likely be beneficiaries of all this. Not sure that checking them out is fair to the trainee or the facility however. If anything DYSIM/Simulator evaluations need to be given even more weight once training starts again than they already are. But it sucks that a lot of trainees won't get to see things like they should like feeding a final sector when now all the radar is combined, or learning techniques that won't apply anymore because of traffic levels.

Again there is no one answer fits all solution here. It should probably be up to each individual facility on how to proceed but knowing the FAA that isn't going to happen.
I have a feeling NATCA is going to be pretty busy here in 6-12 months. Anyone who washes in the next two years will be complaining they didnt get their fair share of traffic, will be fun to see how it all plays out.

LOL @ people wanting to “opt out” of doing their jobs after working 33% or 50% of a normal schedule for 4 months while making six figures all while trainees careers have been totally fucked.

LOL @ people who need to use somebody else’s ticket but want to call the shots while doing so. I’ll train you...you can write “recommend termination” on your sheet and bring it back for me to sign.

LOL @ people who need to use somebody else’s ticket but want to call the shots while doing so. I’ll train you...you can write “recommend termination” on your sheet and bring it back for me to sign.
Sorry you’re pissed about losing your free days off, but that doesn’t mean you get to fuck with other people’s careers. Do your job or quit.

Sorry you’re pissed about losing your free days off, but that doesn’t mean you get to fuck with other people’s careers. Do your job or quit.

I’m not screwing with anyone’s careers but it is comical how you bitch and moan, while you just came off 120 days, trying to cal the shots to people whose tickets you need to use.

I’m not screwing with anyone’s careers but it is comical how you bitch and moan, while you just came off 120 days, trying to cal the shots to people whose tickets you need to use.
Every CPC from my facility I’ve talked to wants to train. It’s only people like you on this forum that seem to have a problem with trainees wanting to train.

Every CPC from my facility I’ve talked to wants to train. It’s only people like you on this forum that seem to have a problem with trainees wanting to train.

I have no problem with you and PushingTin training. He thinks it’s a hoax anyway. You can do whatever you want to as long as I’m not involved. I care about trainees who have a good attitude but the ones who want to act like they’re doing me a favor by letting me train them...hey, go find someone else. No hard feelings!

I have no problem with you and PushingTin training. He thinks it’s a hoax anyway. You can do whatever you want to as long as I’m not involved. I care about trainees who have a good attitude but the ones who want to act like they’re doing me a favor by letting me train them...hey, go find someone else. No hard feelings!
Literally no one is saying they think they’re doing their trainer a favor by being there. The whole point here is, anyone who refuses to train after trainees are finally brought back is a jerk. They’re more than likely the same people who insist a trainee is going to give them coronavirus, and then head straight to a packed bar as soon as they’re on their 5 or 10 off. Again, I don’t know anyone personally who’s said that they will refuse to train (the opposite actually), but those people seem to be crawling all over this forum for some reason.

Literally no one is saying they think they’re doing their trainer a favor by being there. The whole point here is, anyone who refuses to train after trainees are finally brought back is a jerk. They’re more than likely the same people who insist a trainee is going to give them coronavirus, and then head straight to a packed bar as soon as they’re on their 5 or 10 off. Again, I don’t know anyone personally who’s said that they will refuse to train (the opposite actually), but those people seem to be crawling all over this forum for some reason.

There we go again. They’re more than likely...blah blah blah blah.

You just can’t possibly accept that some people want to remain distant. You want more money.

Delta pilots are considering a one year 15% pay cut to avoid furloughs. Some are estimating that the travel industry is at 51% unemployment and then we have you who is constantly complaining about how you need a raise and you wonder why people think you’re entitled.

There we go again. They’re more than likely...blah blah blah blah.

You just can’t possibly accept that some people want to remain distant. You want more money.

Delta pilots are considering a one year 15% pay cut to avoid furloughs. Some are estimating that the travel industry is at 51% unemployment and then we have you who is constantly complaining about how you need a raise and you wonder why people think you’re entitled.
Here we go again, someone somewhere has it worse than you so you should shut up/you’re entitled, blah blah blah. You’re ridiculous dude.

Back
Top Bottom