CPC reinstatements

No.
Once the clock starts on your age, they must let you get your 20 good time if you come back.
But if you’ll be past 56, you won’t be allowed to work past the 20.
Example:
Hire at 30, work 5 years. Quit for 10. Rehire at 45 with 5 years good time. You’d be allowed to work to 60 but not past.
Thank you for the response.

I will say that HQ will only approve you to go back to a facility of equal level you certified at or lower. Even if you certified at a 9, there’s no going to a 12 on reinstatement.
That's good info, it seems like they are making internal rules to cut down on reinstatements. Did they offer you the facility you wanted or did they give you options?

I will say that HQ will only approve you to go back to a facility of equal level you certified at or lower. Even if you certified at a 9, there’s no going to a 12 on reinstatement.
This is either untrue or a new policy. People have gone upwards upon reinstatement in the passed few years.

This is either untrue or a new policy. People have gone upwards upon reinstatement in the passed few years.
I tried, and was denied. Was told there’s no exceptions. However I’d love to know if someone did recently.. I’ll be filing a welcome back grievance.

Might be an internal rule that recently went into place. Myself and another reinstatement I work with were both denied a higher level facility after the atm sent out packet in. Could be regional as well.

What is the required paperwork to submit for reinstatement? Sorry if this has already been covered.

Until that person who wants to be reinstated wants to go to PHL or N90... then it's not a rule anymore. Typical.

If this is a rule, anyone know when it came into effect?

Until that person who wants to be reinstated wants to go to PHL or N90... then it's not a rule anymore. Typical.

If this is a rule, anyone know when it came into effect?
It’s quite possibly just another unwritten rule being implemented to prevent people from using the process. Similar to the separation time. The SOP says after 6 months you can go anywhere but internally they made it 1 year. If it’s true then most likely sometime within the past 2 years. My coworker and I were denied last year but I had a friend go to an 11 the year prior (was at a 6 previously).

It’s quite possibly just another unwritten rule being implemented to prevent people from using the process. Similar to the separation time. The SOP says after 6 months you can go anywhere but internally they made it 1 year. If it’s true then most likely sometime within the past 2 years. My coworker and I were denied last year but I had a friend go to an 11 the year prior (was at a 6 previously).
You were denied at all locations you put in for ? Or just the location removed by three levels?

Literally sounds like another way to kind of screw the people that got sent to a small facility and can’t get out now they can’t even go down this avenue ? what happens when there’s no low level facilities in a place you want to be reinstated at? You’re told to eat rocks and find somewhere new I suppose lol

Literally sounds like another way to kind of screw the people that got sent to a small facility and can’t get out now they can’t even go down this avenue ? what happens when there’s no low level facilities in a place you want to be reinstated at? You’re told to eat rocks and find somewhere new I suppose lol
I agree, I can’t believe they would be doing that, I thought they created this whole process partly to reward anyone who had the balls to quit for a year rather then waste their life waiting for NCEPT to be able to come back and have some better options available. Guess not, I don’t know what their motivation is then, maybe they will just get lazy and stop doing reinstates altogether.

Back
Top Bottom