CRWG

sixty Mentioned in chat the numbers are supposed to come out this week. Local word on the street is saying the same. Coincidentally, the ncept rules for this upcoming panel haven't been posted yet. I'd imagine they're going to use the new numbers on this upcoming panel. Could make things very interesting.
It’ll make it so 1 center can release to zero centers

sixty Mentioned in chat the numbers are supposed to come out this week. Local word on the street is saying the same. Coincidentally, the ncept rules for this upcoming panel haven't been posted yet. I'd imagine they're going to use the new numbers on this upcoming panel. Could make things very interesting.
Lol. Love the troll but they won’t use new numbers for May NCEPT panel.

Lol. Love the troll but they won’t use new numbers for May NCEPT panel.
If a facility that can nominally release say 1, but is on six day work weeks because their on board number is too low because their target number was too low to begin with, it would be sort of irresponsible to let someone go from a place that’s already clearly below where they need to be, because the old numbers that were proven to be inadequate say so.

People would get screwed either way. Either you’ll take a body from a place already up against the ropes or you screw someone over who had a legit hope.

If a facility that can nominally release say 1, but is on six day work weeks because their on board number is too low because their target number was too low to begin with, it would be sort of irresponsible to let someone go from a place that’s already clearly below where they need to be, because the old numbers that were proven to be inadequate say so.

People would get screwed either way. Either you’ll take a body from a place already up against the ropes or you screw someone over who had a legit hope.
I think the number will come out, and be implemented for the new FY. With maybe some rebalancing coming in Q4, as in if your facility is higher then now is the time to jump ship. I don’t imagine them posting new numbers for Q3 immediately to be used. But it is the government so things never got in order.

Is this why Billy Nolen is stepping down as acting FAA Administrator? I had heard he was holding this whole thing up and now he announced that he's stepping down it's all of a sudden passed.

For sure. Once the numbers are out, and official, there will likely be a transition period (a slow peel instead of ripping the bandaid) to implement in terms of NCEPT & NRP. But for sake of the May panel, the new numbers will be wholly ignored.

The way I see it, it could possibly go 2 ways:
1. They release the new numbers and then still use the old ones for this panel because it would make 0 sense to use the old numbers as it could result in facilities that are hurting and can't pick up/can release this panel to continue hurting for longer while facilities who's numbers are overinflated and they are actually fat staffed can't release this panel.

2. They do the right thing and release the numbers and alter the rules to where a decent number of facilities can still release. However, with this option, somewhere along the line someone screws something up and the panel gets delayed for the 3rd consecutive time while they "fix" it.

For something as large as this, I can’t imagine they will spring this on the entire workforce without some type of announcement first.

HR couldn't even get the numbers right two panels ago and had the whole thing delayed. I'd be shocked if they use the new numbers. If they do, it's because every facility is understaffed and no one is released.

I bet they use the new numbers and when people complain because next to nobody can release they will say "you asked for these new numbers"
You mean “the faa leadership across multiple administrations has demonstrated a persistent inability to accurately forecast and plan for attrition in the workforce despite OPM and CRS screaming for years about an impending staffing crisis, warning that even record hiring levels wouldn’t be enough to address the impeding wave of retirements. The faa leadership meanwhile has made organization wide commitments to esoteric aspirations such as ‘equity’ and ‘inclusiveness’ at the cost of safety and operational effectiveness. That the faa has failed, by any metric you choose, to do it’s primary job operating the NAS and that the systematic and structural problems that have been allowed to fester are the logical end result of promoting the bottom 10% of the workforce into leadership roles and then watching the bottom fall out of the system as these people, who couldn’t vector an airplane, now mismanage the entire staffing and operational process from budgeting to recruitment, selection, training, placement and certification, as well as the day to day running of critical facilities despite their total lack of understanding of how or why anything works, thanks to their bungling incompetence and the FAA tradition of failing upwards. The American ATC system, which was the gold standard for operational effectiveness, professionalism and safety, is now the Joke of the developed world. Our foreign counterparts scratch their heads and say “what the hell are you guys doing over there” and in response we make it so notam doesn’t stand for airmen anymore. We at the top level can’t do our jobs because we don’t even know how it all works and so we will sit back and collect paychecks while you all suffer and the system slowly but surely grinds Down to nothing.”

You mean “the faa leadership across multiple administrations has demonstrated a persistent inability to accurately forecast and plan for attrition in the workforce despite OPM and CRS screaming for years about an impending staffing crisis, warning that even record hiring levels wouldn’t be enough to address the impeding wave of retirements. The faa leadership meanwhile has made organization wide commitments to esoteric aspirations such as ‘equity’ and ‘inclusiveness’ at the cost of safety and operational effectiveness. That the faa has failed, by any metric you choose, to do it’s primary job operating the NAS and that the systematic and structural problems that have been allowed to fester are the logical end result of promoting the bottom 10% of the workforce into leadership roles and then watching the bottom fall out of the system as these people, who couldn’t vector an airplane, now mismanage the entire staffing and operational process from budgeting to recruitment, selection, training, placement and certification, as well as the day to day running of critical facilities despite their total lack of understanding of how or why anything works, thanks to their bungling incompetence and the FAA tradition of failing upwards. The American ATC system, which was the gold standard for operational effectiveness, professionalism and safety, is now the Joke of the developed world. Our foreign counterparts scratch their heads and say “what the hell are you guys doing over there” and in response we make it so notam doesn’t stand for airmen anymore. We at the top level can’t do our jobs because we don’t even know how it all works and so we will sit back and collect paychecks while you all suffer and the system slowly but surely grinds Down to nothing.”
I still don’t see how many the excel sheet say we are 65% staffed instead of 80% staffed if going to help. They still have plenty of room to hire people u see the current number

My facility can release 2 and a lot of us are on 6 day work weeks. Make it make sense.
Meanwhile people in my facility can lose their medical for 9 months and we don't need a single OT shift to cover for them. Red facility about to get black-hole red with new #s

If my area was 100% staffed we’d work like 1 hour a day
Then your total number needs to change. if no one has a right to go anywhere which is the talking point of the union and management you have to assume then at some point you could end up with your full complement of controllers. if working with your full number of controllers doesn’t make sense then that number isn’t based on reality .

Then your total number needs to change. if no one has a right to go anywhere which is the talking point of the union and management you have to assume then at some point you could end up with your full complement of controllers. if working with your full number of controllers doesn’t make sense then that number isn’t based on reality .
Yah for sure. But are they really gonna lower anyone’s numbers?

Don’t the numbers have to balance? If one facility goes up by two another has to go down by two? I think that’s the case unless they allocated for more controllers, but from what I’m reading in the NATCA in Washington guide it don’t seem like that is the case at all.

Back
Top Bottom