CRWG

If it's not going to change anything then why is everyone complaining about it?

Not that the FAA is good at accomplishing their goals but... What the FAA would like to do is accurately know what facilities are in the MOST need and give those facilities employees first. Like triage. There are many hurdles in the way, and they have handicapped themselves by putting restrictive policies in place (no new hires to level 8 towers or 8 tracons) without exceptions.

These changes are all part of hopefully building a better system for the next generation of employees. Example being NCEPT - it would be an ok system if staffing were more like 90% avg across the NAS. As is, its paralyzing trasfers and contributing to attrition rates. It's going to lead to most employees not being able to transfer for 15 years and then everyone trying to learn a level 12 after the age of 40+. Unfortunately the FAA is looking ahead without considering interim effects and how to fill immediate staffing needs.

If it's not going to change anything then why is everyone complaining about it?

Not that the FAA is good at accomplishing their goals but... What the FAA would like to do is accurately know what facilities are in the MOST need and give those facilities employees first. Like triage. There are many hurdles in the way, and they have handicapped themselves by putting restrictive policies in place (no new hires to level 8 towers or 8 tracons) without exceptions.

These changes are all part of hopefully building a better system for the next generation of employees. Example being NCEPT - it would be an ok system if staffing were more like 90% avg across the NAS. As is, its paralyzing trasfers and contributing to attrition rates. It's going to lead to most employees not being able to transfer for 15 years and then everyone trying to learn a level 12 after the age of 40+. Unfortunately the FAA is looking ahead without considering interim effects and how to fill immediate staffing needs.
Because it’s going to make it absolutely impossible to ever transfer. You’d think the ATMs could just report through their chain of their staffing needs.

You’d think the ATMs could just report through their chain of their staffing needs.
This assumes they'd want to report their staffing issues. Lets not forget the rumors from last year that the ZJX ATM was hiding their staffing issues. I also know someone who works at a 12 Z, who said last year their ATM had a conference call with other facility management and regional level management, where it was praised that the Z didn't have to call in any staffing triggers.

I'm not saying that they [ATMs] don't want properly staffed facilities, but if the two rumors above are true, then those ATMs were hiding more than what they should, and your solution wouldn't help those facilities' staffing needs.

This assumes they'd want to report their staffing issues. Lets not forget the rumors from last year that the ZJX ATM was hiding their staffing issues. I also know someone who works at a 12 Z, who said last year their ATM had a conference call with other facility management and regional level management, where it was praised that the Z didn't have to call in any staffing triggers.

I'm not saying that they [ATMs] don't want properly staffed facilities, but if the two rumors above are true, then those ATMs were hiding more than what they should, and your solution wouldn't help those facilities' staffing needs.
That’s a systemic issue in FAA management. It doesn’t mean you need to do some weird excel sheet for the whole nas

That’s a systemic issue in FAA management. It doesn’t mean you need to do some weird excel sheet for the whole nas
The facility staffing targets are pushing ten years old. The NAS looks different than it did then and many CRWG targets are known to be currently inaccurate. The new CRWG is designed to realign these targets correctly. There’s no reasonable argument for not doing such a thing.

The facility staffing targets are pushing ten years old. The NAS looks different than it did then and many CRWG targets are known to be currently inaccurate. The new CRWG is designed to realign these targets correctly. There’s no reasonable argument for not doing such a thing.
Oh no it should be done. It’s just funny when we don’t have the current allocation staffed and we are worried about some bigger allocation

Are we not already funded to hire that last 20%?
I doubt it. Otherwise we’d be hiring way more people on these bids. If it’s a capacity issue at the academy then they need more funding to expand there. Either way it comes down to money and it’s easier to convince Congress to give you more the worse staffing gets

I doubt it. Otherwise we’d be hiring way more people on these bids. If it’s a capacity issue at the academy then they need more funding to expand there. Either way it comes down to money and it’s easier to convince Congress to give you more the worse staffing gets
How are we not funded to staff to our full allocation? I don’t buy that for an instance. I buy that the hiring people are totally Incompetent. They should just run night radar classes out of existing centers.

Don’t the numbers have to balance? If one facility goes up by two another has to go down by two? I think that’s the case unless they allocated for more controllers, but from what I’m reading in the NATCA in Washington guide it don’t seem like that is the case at all.
It is not a zero sum. The workforce as a whole is increasing, by a lot.

It is not a zero sum. The workforce as a whole is increasing, by a lot.
I’ll believe it when I see it lol. See that NATCA email today begging congress not to make cuts to the FAA? Plus I think that even if they do increase the workforce target number it won’t actually cause it to increase due to issues with HR and hiring and training.

It’s like that ZJX thing last summer where they “authorized” additional staffing. If an area was supposed to have 10 on a shift and they could only field 6 due to staffing, they were then “authorized” to have 12 on a shift…… but they still only had the staffing to fill 6 lol.

I’ll believe it when I see it lol. See that NATCA email today begging congress not to make cuts to the FAA? Plus I think that even if they do increase the workforce target number it won’t actually cause it to increase due to issues with HR and hiring and training.

It’s like that ZJX thing last summer where they “authorized” additional staffing. If an area was supposed to have 10 on a shift and they could only field 6 due to staffing, they were then “authorized” to have 12 on a shift…… but they still only had the staffing to fill 6 lol.
Natca responding to the woke right even tho they have no power. Classic.

Back
Top Bottom