CRWG

Im betting nearly every facility goes up.
It’s so crazy in en route they got everything relying on a stupid spreadsheet but if you really just used your brain they could move so many people around. And center to center transfer is like a couple months of training only

And center to center transfer is like a couple months of training only
donald trump GIF

Yah for sure. But are they really gonna lower anyone’s numbers?
Our number is going down a few.
Don’t the numbers have to balance? If one facility goes up by two another has to go down by two? I think that’s the case unless they allocated for more controllers, but from what I’m reading in the NATCA in Washington guide it don’t seem like that is the case at all.
They are supposed to be doing legit numbers this time. So they wouldn't balance out. Hence why the fiscal year hiring goal went from like 1,200 to 1,500 because it was determined nationwide the numbers are too low.

It would make the most sense to lower the rules for this panel to jumpstart the process. The majority of facilities numbers will increase

If I’m betting on this panel, I’d say the May 2023 panel gets delayed a week or two. The new numbers get put into effect resulting in fewer facilities being able to release bodies.

They would just convert FAA towers to contract towers. That would allow the overall staffing number to stay the same and let 2,000 people move, 90% of whom would love it, but it will never happen.

If NATCA does work out higher staffing numbers for all facilities, does anyone think it would be the worst popular move by the membership in years (even worse then extending the 1.6% raise, staying silent on vaccines and masks, the no-show jobs for retired NATCA members, NCEPT, etc…).

All it would do is increase staffing target numbers but not change the staffing at facilities, it would take years of successful training and hiring for that to come into practice. In the meantime transfers would be dramatically cut, and pay will be stagnant. I only support increasing staffing targets if we for back to 5 on 5 off or give everyone in the agency the choice to work 4, 10 hour days.

I don’t even think it will increase safety as a lot of facilities would take more breaks, not decombine more positions with more people.

It would one day help the facilities on mandatory 6 day weeks in theory, but that’s a minority of facilities, and again, everything would have to work perfect for it to work out in a few years.

If NATCA does work out higher staffing numbers for all facilities, does anyone think it would be the worst popular move by the membership in years (even worse then extending the 1.6% raise, staying silent on vaccines and masks, the no-show jobs for retired NATCA members, NCEPT, etc…).

All it would do is increase staffing target numbers but not change the staffing at facilities, it would take years of successful training and hiring for that to come into practice. In the meantime transfers would be dramatically cut, and pay will be stagnant. I only support increasing staffing targets if we for back to 5 on 5 off or give everyone in the agency the choice to work 4, 10 hour days.

I don’t even think it will increase safety as a lot of facilities would take more breaks, not decombine more positions with more people.

It would one day help the facilities on mandatory 6 day weeks in theory, but that’s a minority of facilities, and again, everything would have to work perfect for it to work out in a few years.
You are severely underestimating the number of Gen X controllers who picked where they wanted to go either before OKC or via transfer, bought a house around 2016 and refi’d in 2020. They don’t give a shit about you or your family they just want more breaks so they can watch YouTube videos about smoking meat. Raising the numbers will be a wildly popular move.

You are severely underestimating the number of Gen X controllers who picked where they wanted to go either before OKC or via transfer, bought a house around 2016 and refi’d in 2020. They don’t give a shit about you or your family they just want more breaks so they can watch YouTube videos about smoking meat. Raising the numbers will be a wildly popular move.
All accurate except transferred via ncept and i'm a gen Y.

The whole thing is already so stupid cus very few facilities are 100% staffed

So you want to bitch about staffing and six day work weeks but also don't want them to actually do anything about it???

If facilities reported legit staffing numbers then playing the long game eventually, with the increased hiring goals, in theory, schedules will get better. This is not a short term fix and will make things worse before they get better. But the goal is to make it better in the future. Make it so you aren't on six day work weeks the rest of your career. Make it so that maybe sometime in the future you can transfer. Make it so that flights aren't delayed due to ATC staffing.

Would you rather have 70% of a 50 staffing number or 70% of a 56 staffing number... I'll give you a hint, one is more CPCs than the other and more CPCs is never a bad thing.

Pretty sure you're underestimating how many people supposedly got to pick where they wanted to go. Gen X age people just had to pick a region and get stuck somewhere. Or try to transfer via the old process, which was in many cases something like "yea we'll release you, in 8 years" and the receiving facility just said we're not gonna wait so fuck off. If those people got to where they wanted, it was because they got lucky, or had to wait for years for a transfer (just like is happening today, except their waiting has already occured).

I don't think anything is going to fix the severely understaffed places except something drastic like not letting anyone leave for a decade. Or pay a lot more so people don't try to leave as much. Or illegally move facilities around like whatever the fuck is going on with N90.

So you want to bitch about staffing and six day work weeks but also don't want them to actually do anything about it???

If facilities reported legit staffing numbers then playing the long game eventually, with the increased hiring goals, in theory, schedules will get better. This is not a short term fix and will make things worse before they get better. But the goal is to make it better in the future. Make it so you aren't on six day work weeks the rest of your career. Make it so that maybe sometime in the future you can transfer. Make it so that flights aren't delayed due to ATC staffing.

Would you rather have 70% of a 50 staffing number or 70% of a 56 staffing number... I'll give you a hint, one is more CPCs than the other and more CPCs is never a bad thing.
Why can’t we have 100% of 50?

If you want 100% of 50, then staffing number needs to be increased to 72.
But that’s just excel staffing. You have to actually hire the people. If you physically have 15000 controllers then every facility will have good staffing

But that’s just excel staffing. You have to actually hire the people. If you physically have 15000 controllers then every facility will have good staffing
Oh I know. I just said that since it seems that the only thing our employer can do is excel staffing. Historically, has staffing ever been 100%? It was roughly 84% in Oct 2015 looking at past PPTs. 80% is 100% lol

Oh I know. I just said that since it seems that the only thing our employer can do is excel staffing. Historically, has staffing ever been 100%? It was roughly 84% in Oct 2015 looking at past PPTs. 80% is 100% lol
So why does anyone think making the staffing on paper 70% is going to change anything

Back
Top Bottom