CRWG

Either way. Who wants to train again for months for a couple grand that doesn’t even go into your salary. Not to mention you’ll lose more than the bonus in premiums while your in the labs
Well that’s fucking stupid and I agree with you. A *bonus*

Last edited:
It blows my mind that the FAA and NATCA only offer a 1% bonus not a raise for changing areas in a center or things like training on new airspace when a facility is consolidated.

Even a 1% raise is an insult but you might be able to convince people with 20 years left in their career it will eventually be worth it.

1% bonus is crazy though, as was said you lose that in differentials and possible OT while training, and in many cases you slide down in seniority.

It blows my mind that the FAA and NATCA only offer a 1% bonus not a raise for changing areas in a center or things like training on new airspace when a facility is consolidated.

Even a 1% raise is an insult but you might be able to convince people with 20 years left in their career it will eventually be worth it.

1% bonus is crazy though, as was said you lose that in differentials and possible OT while training, and in many cases you slide down in seniority.
2%! Chaching

Then that facility better do some direct hiring and pickups of their own
It all sounds great but it just can’t work like that. How can anyone say some random level 5s in the middle of nowhere are going to get any applications? And training times in different facilities vary from 1-3+ years so it’s not like facilities can hire ppl to fill spots right away. And if people get a release date 2 years out based on staffing then we’re just about coming full circle. It’s how normal jobs hire sure, but this isn’t really a normal job.

It all sounds great but it just can’t work like that. How can anyone say some random level 5s in the middle of nowhere are going to get any applications? And training times in different facilities vary from 1-3+ years so it’s not like facilities can hire ppl to fill spots right away. And if people get a release date 2 years out based on staffing then we’re just about coming full circle. It’s how normal jobs hire sure, but this isn’t really a normal job.
Because people actually live in these cities already. The whole exercise of moving someone from Paolo alto to tennesse at the same time you move someone from tennesse to palo
Alto is the problem. You really can’t find 7 community college kids in bumfuckville that want to Make 80k and get a pension? Make the atm do work for once. Plus they get the opportunity to move somewhere bigger and better in a couple years. Nationwide placement hasn’t even been around that long.

You really can’t find 7 community college kids in bumfuckville that want to Make 80k and get a pension?
This is the one thing that I have been thinking about for a decade and can’t get why they don’t do it. Even in the smallest cities with FAA ATC like Roswell, New Mexico, that city has 48K people and I’m sure thousands more in tiny suburbs near it.

Even if only 15K of the city and surrounding areas are in the 25-55 age group to be working as controllers, you can’t tell me that they can’t find 15 people, 1 in 1,000, who would not like that job getting to stay local, make pretty good money, and retire at 55.

I think it would even work in Nantucket. You only need about 7 to 9 people there. Find 9 rich, trust fund babies who parents will give them a 10K a month allowance their entire like but want them to work a job and not just sit home. I think you can find 9 people who would work that tower making an extra 100K a year and being able to tell their friends and family they are “serving their country” by working a federal job somewhat safety/security related.

Back
Top Bottom