Enroute Class pass rate

7/18 passed today
Basically a pass rate like from 2017....so refreshing!
But seriously...I don't know whether that class was an anomaly after the last few months were pretty successful classes, or whether things were getting looked over and the last few months classes had it easy.

But seriously...I don't know whether that class was an anomaly after the last few months were pretty successful classes, or whether things were getting looked over and the last few months classes had it easy.
They said a few people were within a couple points one person left with a 69.83 also 4 people failed that went in with 31 points

Perhaps they should pass everyone for a couple classes and see how it correlates to field success.

Of course it will take several years to get the data and some people will have to train them, but at least they could say success in the course equates to success in the field... or not.

Perhaps they should pass everyone for a couple classes and see how it correlates to field success.

Of course it will take several years to get the data and some people will have to train them, but at least they could say success in the course equates to success in the field... or not.
I know the FAA/CAMI is tracking success for Academy grads. They've got good numbers for 2014 and 2015 but beyond that not enough time has elapsed to get a true sense of success rates. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head, they're buried in my email somewhere but I'll look.

Besides last week the pass rate has been pretty bad. Wonder if they changed the problems again.
We had heard some chatter from instructors that those new problems they added were too easy, and that they stopped running them. Obviously might just be academy rumor, but I know we didn’t run anything new.

Heard from multiple sources that the reason the pass rates were so good over that one to two month span was due to the new evals. Since then classes have been taking the older evals, thus the lower pass rate. All speculation though, nothing confirmed officially.

Heard from multiple sources that the reason the pass rates were so good over that one to two month span was due to the new evals. Since then classes have been taking the older evals, thus the lower pass rate. All speculation though, nothing confirmed officially.

I really don't understand the logic behind that. They're basing the success of academy on the amount of people they can fail? Maybe there was an issue with the evals and that's why there was a change. They don't have any data that says more people are washing out at facilities after these problems and people have been washing out even after passing the old problems so.... I should stop trying to understand the FAA I think is the lesson.

The problem they have with the old evals is that there are word for word guides on everything that happens in the problems. The academy tells you they are not accurate, but after taking the problems, they are pretty legit.

Fail with 31 points. How is that even possible.
we had a guy in my 2017 class that failed with a 33.7 going into evals. he wasnt even close. he was on track to pass with the highest grade ever if he nailed his final evals lol. i watched him during the 8's and knew he was gonna fail. super awesome guy it really sucked. he studied 4 hours a day every day for the entire 4 months, think he definitely over studied cause he seemed to be ahead until halfway through the d side sims.

We had heard some chatter from instructors that those new problems they added were too easy, and that they stopped running them. Obviously might just be academy rumor, but I know we didn’t run anything new.
were the new problems still basically jan/mlu/0m8 problems or completely new?

The problem they have with the old evals is that there are word for word guides on everything that happens in the problems. The academy tells you they are not accurate, but after taking the problems, they are pretty legit.

Someone from CAMI told us about that. Judging by the pass rate though those guides can’t be too prevelant.

Everyone knew about them in my time at the academy. I didn’t want to use them as I felt I understood and didn’t want to mess myself up. I read them after and it was word for word. Call sign for call sign what I saw. Still students can’t prioritize all the things they need to do in a problem like the MLU or 0m8 one.

Everyone knew about them in my time at the academy. I didn’t want to use them as I felt I understood and didn’t want to mess myself up. I read them after and it was word for word. Call sign for call sign what I saw. Still students can’t prioritize all the things they need to do in a problem like the MLU or 0m8 one.

Exactly... tons of people have/had those sheets and still washout failing evals... some just can’t do it, even when the answers are written out for them.

Can you give me a little more details about a MLU and Byerley problem?

They said a few people were within a couple points one person left with a 69.83 also 4 people failed that went in with 31 points

There was an evaluator that gave a high score of a 56, mind you, to the smartest kid in the class that went in with 33 points that “passed” after evaluation two. 8 of the 11 that didnt make it had said evaluator. Half had 30+ points. He gave out multiple zeros and single digit scores.

Back
Top Bottom