Enroute Class pass rate

we had a guy in my 2017 class that failed with a 33.7 going into evals. he wasnt even close. he was on track to pass with the highest grade ever if he nailed his final evals lol. i watched him during the 8's and knew he was gonna fail. super awesome guy it really sucked. he studied 4 hours a day every day for the entire 4 months, think he definitely over studied cause he seemed to be ahead until halfway through the d side sims.

were the new problems still basically jan/mlu/0m8 problems or completely new?
Rumor was that the problems were the same core idea, but with some new stuff added.

There was an evaluator that gave a high score of a 56, mind you, to the smartest kid in the class that went in with 33 points that “passed” after evaluation two. 8 of the 11 that didnt make it had said evaluator. Half had 30+ points. He gave out multiple zeros and single digit scores.
If it was the bald guy a kid in my class ripped a 100 off him. He’s fair.

Does anyone has a most recent results excel including classes that aren't listed in this thread? I WOULD LOVE something to make me a little more nervous about my upcoming course.

There was an evaluator that gave a high score of a 56, mind you, to the smartest kid in the class that went in with 33 points that “passed” after evaluation two. 8 of the 11 that didnt make it had said evaluator. Half had 30+ points. He gave out multiple zeros and single digit scores.

This was my class!!!

His name was Darryl.

All evaluators were fair with grading. Anyone who got low scores got them because they made the mistakes. It doesn't matter if they were the smartest person in class or not

What would have be the main reason someone who otherwise has done very well at the academy made so many mistakes at the end? Failure to manage their stress?

Nerves. You wont understand until you are standing there. It makes you do stuff that you have never done before. Its crazy

^this

You can't possibly understand what it's like to stand in that hallway until you're there with (hopefully) 5 of your brothers and sisters knowing it all comes down to 120 minutes. 3, 40 minute problems of what some consider pure unrelenting terror as your entire career is either about to start, or end very soon. It definitely makes you do things you've never done before, you'll consider yourself an expert at something and all of a sudden you make a mistake on something you've never made a mistake on before.

It is an experience for sure, some can handle it, some can't. Even if you had all the answers and knew exactly what to do and when (some in our class actually had the "script" for the evals and still failed on their second run.) it all comes down to how you perform on that run, your career depends entirely on you. Nobody is going to help you.

I will agree with what has been already been said about stress here. This was for terminal but it still applies to enroute don't try knew things or to get fancy during evals. Do what works for you.

One of the WORST things you can do is try to "beat the eval" by memorizing a script or what someone else had in their scenario. You will have had dozens of practice scenarios up to that point and you will not be blind-sighted by something you have never seen before. Just stay calm and methodical in everything you do and you will be fine.

What would have be the main reason someone who otherwise has done very well at the academy made so many mistakes at the end? Failure to manage their stress?
A lot of times people seem like they are doing much better than they are as their instructors are carrying them through the practice problems.

Back
Top Bottom