Enroute Class pass rate

It seems like these latest lists don't exactly correspond with the placement list given on the forum here? Just trying to understand the process...

You’d think this would make the FAA realize that it might be a good idea to make the course a few weeks longer but nah. That’s too logical.

Well, the course was validated for a specific timeframe. You don’t want the FAA passing every warm body that enters the building otherwise u are just putting shitty trainees onto the center.

Isn’t that what happened in the first place that made the FAA change evals/course to be tougher?

You’d think this would make the FAA realize that it might be a good idea to make the course a few weeks longer but nah. That’s too logical.

The point of the academy isn’t to make people pass at the academy, it’s to make people pass at their facilities. We probably won’t ever get statistics on this, but I’d wager that a smaller percentage of these last few classes will ultimately end up certifying at their facilities.

The point of the academy isn’t to make people pass at the academy, it’s to make people pass at their facilities. We probably won’t ever get statistics on this, but I’d wager that a smaller percentage of these last few classes will ultimately end up certifying at their facilities.

I don’t know, I bet the numbers would be about the same. Like you said it’s hard to track down but success rates seem to be about the same now that the academy is harder then ten years ago when pass rates were 90%.

I think the main function of success is the training program and the culture of the facility. This is more important then the incoming individuals talent. Despite what we like to think this is not training to become a brain surgeon or astronaut, most of the population mature enough to be hired should be good enough to do the job. The facility training though will determine if a less talented person can make it or if a highly talented person does not due to facility incompetence or personality conflicts.

I’d love to see any data to support that. The highest pass rate I’ve seen has been 60%. They saw a huge spike in higher rates for a few months then it went back down.

The majority of classes pass 50% roughly right now.

You’re talking a student or two difference from class to class as well.

The fact still remains marital problems, financial planning, nerves, too much partying, etc is always rampant at the academy.

It is what it is. You either go there for the right reason with the right mindset or you don’t.
Lmfao have you been to the academy yet?

I don’t know, I bet the numbers would be about the same. Like you said it’s hard to track down but success rates seem to be about the same now that the academy is harder then ten years ago when pass rates were 90%.

I think the main function of success is the training program and the culture of the facility. This is more important then the incoming individuals talent. Despite what we like to think this is not training to become a brain surgeon or astronaut, most of the population mature enough to be hired should be good enough to do the job. The facility training though will determine if a less talented person can make it or if a highly talented person does not due to facility incompetence or personality conflicts.
Anyone that's been in the FAA will tell you that the days where they passed 90% the facility failure rate was double what it is now. It's better to fail at the academy then at facility. Also I'm not sure if you've done this job or have been to the academy it takes a certain person to be a controller. The FAA is not wasting all this money training and putting you through aptitude tests for show.

Anyone that's been in the FAA will tell you that the days where they passed 90% the facility failure rate was double what it is now. It's better to fail at the academy then at facility. Also I'm not sure if you've done this job or have been to the academy it takes a certain person to be a controller. The FAA is not wasting all this money training and putting you through aptitude tests for show.
“Anyone that's been in the FAA will tell you that the days where they passed 90% the facility failure rate was double what it is now.”

Like fuck it is.

Back
Top Bottom