Enroute Class pass rate

ZDV got a new training manager that is flyinggggg people through the training dept so I wouldn't be surprised to see more come in.

Okay I have a theory/conspiracy ...For those who get to the eval stage, are pass rates as good as they are, right now, because the FAA doesn't want to deal with grievances, regarding the shutdown? Like once ALL those trainees affected by that leave, is it possible that pass rates will go back down?

I just got out of basics and I'm feeling really good about pass rates. But I also need to maintain a healthy amount of pessimism lol.

Also another question, don't the smaller classes tend to have a higher percentage pass? The instructors got all wigged when I asked that. "No no no! They're all the same!" I feel like none of the instructors are honest with me when I ask questions like this. Which is understandable, they don't want people thinking or knowing that anyone has a slight advantage or disadvantage.

Okay I have a theory/conspiracy ...For those who get to the eval stage, are pass rates as good as they are, right now, because the FAA doesn't want to deal with grievances, regarding the shutdown? Like once ALL those trainees affected by that leave, is it possible that pass rates will go back down?

I just got out of basics and I'm feeling really good about pass rates. But I also need to maintain a healthy amount of pessimism lol.

Also another question, don't the smaller classes tend to have a higher percentage pass? The instructors got all wigged when I asked that. "No no no! They're all the same!" I feel like none of the instructors are honest with me when I ask questions like this. Which is understandable, they don't want people thinking or knowing that anyone has a slight advantage or disadvantage.
I subscribe to the old evaluators have left and the new guard sees things differently theory.

I do think it is partly due to lots of the old evaluators leaving, but I also think a large part is due to the disruption in training due to the shut down. They seem to give that lots of weight, training disruptions in the field often result in restored hours in a training review board. Also I do think they are worried about the complaints if there were big wash out rates after the shut down but be careful if you call them grievances. Academy people don’t really have the right to do a grievance or anything formal yet. They would just be complains unless someone tried to take it as far as a formal lawsuit.

I heard rumors of people that failed being recycled through the academy? Does anybody have any truth to this?

I heard rumors of people that failed being recycled through the academy? Does anybody have any truth to this?
A web-based basics course had low scores. The students in that class started a traditional basics course the next day instead of continuing on to enroute.

Back
Top Bottom