Enroute Class pass rate

a
Wouldn’t it be a decent idea to at least study the map early, that way when you *should* be studying the map you can review everything else?
Here is some advice, use your time wisely. I seldom pitch in on training threads but if you feel like you need extra time for studying, take it. A few will say “It won’t make sense” or “you will have plenty of time” but this is your career so do what you think is best for you. My personal opinion, the map is solid memorisation. Every facility (keep in mind tower/TRACON only here) I have been at, I have made it a point to acquire the airspace and airport layout maps first to the point when I first set foot in the tower/TRACON I knew where everything was, even before I completely understood the LOA’s /SOP’s.

Wouldn’t it be a decent idea to at least study the map early, that way when you *should* be studying the map you can review everything else?
This is just my two cents after going through it myself, so You can do whatever you would like. If I remember correctly the FAA gave us two weeks to prepare for the map test and we had some time dedicated everyday at the end of class to study for it. I can absolutely assure you that two weeks is more than enough time to get that done, and studying the map before you get there isn’t going to give you a huge advantage on anyone who doesn’t study it before they arrive. You arent going to know what the diamond mileages are for, or any of the degree divergence rules before you arrive for non-radar, so while you’ll know what the map says you’ll have no idea how to apply it anyway.
Again, everyone’s study habits are different and this is just one opinion of thousands who have been through the academy and passed.

Back
Top Bottom