Enroute Class pass rate

How did you guys score on the first radar eval? I got them coming up in a couple weeks. Averaged 78 on the non radar, and wondering what to expect for radar at least in my first run
I averaged a low 80s on the radar evals. My first run was terrible not gonna lie, but my second run was an 88 and my last one was a 96. Remaining calm is the best you can do. There isn’t anything on there that you wont know how to do (despite what some people on this website might say) and you will have enough time to do everything.

I averaged a low 80s on the radar evals. My first run was terrible not gonna lie, but my second run was an 88 and my last one was a 96. Remaining calm is the best you can do. There isn’t anything on there that you wont know how to do (despite what some people on this website might say) and you will have enough time to do everything.
Appreciate the feedback! And congrats on passing!

I averaged mid 80s in radar. I went into radar after I literally tanked non radar. I averaged a 49. It just didn’t click with me. I came in with 25.74 points. Never give up. My first run i got a 100. I was shocked to be honest but didn’t let it get to my head don’t be so confident that you blow every other run. Second run got a 89. Third a 64. I came into radar 2nd to last in my class and finished third. Radar just made sense for me. As Nl1 said, there’s nothing you can’t do. Just breathe, talk confidently, show that you’re in control. It’s just another day running problems. Also if something changes with a aircraft do a double take on it, often they change it for a reason and it’s to bite you in the ass. Good luck.

5/6 passed.
In order of pick:
ZOA
ZMP
ZKC
ZMP
ZJX (pre-assigned)

Another ZOA and ZHU + ZID dropped off list due to two sick and one fail.

Alts were two ZOA.
What can cause a preassignment of a facility? I'm sure married controllers, with the first controller working in the agency already, but what else?

I averaged mid 80s in radar. I went into radar after I literally tanked non radar. I averaged a 49. It just didn’t click with me. I came in with 25.74 points. Never give up. My first run i got a 100. I was shocked to be honest but didn’t let it get to my head don’t be so confident that you blow every other run. Second run got a 89. Third a 64. I came into radar 2nd to last in my class and finished third. Radar just made sense for me. As Nl1 said, there’s nothing you can’t do. Just breathe, talk confidently, show that you’re in control. It’s just another day running problems. Also if something changes with a aircraft do a double take on it, often they change it for a reason and it’s to bite you in the ass. Good luck.
Thanks for the feedback. I heard nonradar was a little different for some. Glad to hear you did well! And congrats on your success. Hoping to follow soon

It’s good to hear that even with lowest scores in NR still make it through. I ranked NR as well and just had a taste of victory again taking CKT2. Definitely helps boost that confidence. Nervous for radar but stoked

It’s good to hear that even with lowest scores in NR still make it through. I ranked NR as well and just had a taste of victory again taking CKT2. Definitely helps boost that confidence. Nervous for radar but stoked
Keep scanning and moving in radar. If you miss something (like a point out) don’t let it snowball. Keep moving. Best of luck!

So you can tell em farmington is too expensive and not to go there?

Edit: shit that wasn’t you, my bad ? it was XJ .. I loved ZMP! Was a great place
Agree, used to live there. Eden Prairie, SW edge of the cities. The Minnesotans are a tenacious bunch, friendly too

Back
Top Bottom