Enroute Class pass rate

So you can tell em farmington is too expensive and not to go there?

Edit: shit that wasn’t you, my bad ? it was XJ .. I loved ZMP! Was a great place

They're is detached from reality, or just salty that they didn't get the facility they wanted. Don't get me wrong, ZMP has it's shortcommings, but it is far from the norm at any large facility.

ZNY called and they want their title as training black hole back. ZOA is on hold about cost of living.

Being stuck with a bad class really sucks. It fucks with your nonradar if your ghost pilot sucks and if you rely on group studying good luck. Even if you don't you can't rely on asking people questions. A great class really can turn a 3/8 into a 6/8.

Being stuck with a bad class really sucks. It fucks with your nonradar if your ghost pilot sucks and if you rely on group studying good luck. Even if you don't you can't rely on asking people questions. A great class really can turn a 3/8 into a 6/8.
I RPO’d on an eval for a dude in my class for nonradar… I called for the VKS departure.. he ignored.. kept doing things, clearing deals left and right… examiner tells me to call again.. I call… he looks at me and the examiner and goes “this planes not getting off the ground, keep calling all you want, but it ain’t happening”….. he also released zero people in radar… just let that phone ring and ring and ring and ring… he failed with flying colors. Cracks me up. He thought he cracked the secret code saying “can’t get an A1 if I don’t release em”

Agree, used to live there. Eden Prairie, SW edge of the cities. The Minnesotans are a tenacious bunch, friendly too
No doubt!! Those Norwegian fucks, where pepper is too spicey, meat and potatoes diet, and ketchup is all one needs ?
They're is detached from reality, or just salty that they didn't get the facility they wanted. Don't get me wrong, ZMP has it's shortcommings, but it is far from the norm at any large facility.

ZNY called and they want their title as training black hole back. ZOA is on hold about cost of living.
Yeah I left 3.5yrs ago but I heard the new ATM isn’t the best. I enjoyed it though, if MN was home I’d a been happy to stay and rot away in Area 2

Yes especially with classmates that are selfish and don’t want to study together or help each other out, and then a shitty instructor on top of that.

is ZOA really as bad as people make it out to be?
Been here since November. I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best, and so far the only detractors are the COL (high, but managle) and the wait for a D-side class (If I'm in before next winter it will be a godsend). The people are great, the atmosphere is laid back, the weather is fantastic, and where I chose to live is exactly what i like, but that experience is gonna vary because the bay area can go from cool to lock-your-car-doors pretty fast.

Also it's worth mentioning that the extreme wait for a class isnt all bad - you get all the time in the world to learn and practice. I have 0% stress so far, but I'm sure that changes later on.

Tl;dr: Feels good, man.

Been here since November. I was expecting the worst and hoping for the best, and so far the only detractors are the COL (high, but managle) and the wait for a D-side class (If I'm in before next winter it will be a godsend). The people are great, the atmosphere is laid back, the weather is fantastic, and where I chose to live is exactly what i like, but that experience is gonna vary because the bay area can go from cool to lock-your-car-doors pretty fast.

Also it's worth mentioning that the extreme wait for a class isnt all bad - you get all the time in the world to learn and practice. I have 0% stress so far, but I'm sure that changes later on.

Tl;dr: Feels good, man.
What area did you choose to live in if you don’t mind me asking?

is ZOA really as bad as people make it out to be?
I would say it’s definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. The COL is for sure the main issue. The training back up sucks too, but while you’re waiting for a class it’s easy to get a side gig. You get out at 3-3:30 every day and have every weekend off while you wait. That can make AG pay more bearable.

The environment at the center is much better than I was told it would be. Also, there’s a ton to do in the area if you like to get out. Hiking, surfing, professional sports, art, theater, great food, national parks, etc. all within a day trip.

If you get “stuck” with ZOA I definitely wouldn’t freak out. My family and I like it much much more than we thought we would.

I would say it’s definitely not as bad as people make it out to be. The COL is for sure the main issue. The training back up sucks too, but while you’re waiting for a class it’s easy to get a side gig. You get out at 3-3:30 every day and have every weekend off while you wait. That can make AG pay more bearable.
I know a few people who work at ZOA or ZNY or towers near there on AG pay, a lot of them just did Doordash, Instacart, side hustles like that and make really good money and maybe only do it 10-20 hours a week. There's 168 hours in a week and there's 128 left after the average ATC week to do something for a little extra money to make living in these areas manageable

Back
Top Bottom