Enroute Class pass rate

What are you talking about???? I know what passing comes down to. It’s either people collapse under pressure or they have no clue what they are doing. And if they fold under pressure they don’t belong.

Sure, and I agree. But, it definitely is a disadvantage and there’s plenty of time to have a scheduled 2nd run for the third group on the first day.

What are you talking about???? I know what passing comes down to. It’s either people collapse under pressure or they have no clue what they are doing. And if they fold under pressure they don’t belong.
Ok I passed the academy too. Just presenting a view point that the third group gets words of wisdom and cheering in from the people that go before them. While group 1 has to go in cold day one at 0700. I was in group one and it’s jittery when you don’t know what the evaluator is gonna be like and you didn’t sleep well the night before.

Ok I passed the academy too. Just presenting a view point that the third group gets words of wisdom and cheering in from the people that go before them. While group 1 has to go in cold day one at 0700. I was in group one and it’s jittery when you don’t know what the evaluator is gonna be like and you didn’t sleep well the night before.
Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one.

Part of what he's saying is if you can't handle that pressure, or not getting a nice beauty rest, then what's going to happen when you get to your facility? Sorry guys I'm too nervous to work final today, you know I hate thunderstorms and the humidity made my knees ache so my quick turn was a little rough. I'll take data

Part of what he's saying is if you can't handle that pressure, or not getting a nice beauty rest, then what's going to happen when you get to your facility? Sorry guys I'm too nervous to work final today, you know I hate thunderstorms and the humidity made my knees ache so my quick turn was a little rough. I'll take data
Lol I'm pretty sure I've heard someone say that before! No wait, it was that they ate cheese at lunch and it makes them gassy so they'd prefer not to work the arrival end where everyone sits side by side ?

At least you understand.

At your facility you get months and years of training. Radar evals in Oklahoma are after 3 weeks of first seeing a radar.
And those who can pass in that little amount of time have proved they know what they are doing compared to those who can’t grasp it quite as well. Do you suggest they change the training to a few months so those that can’t keep up finally make it? This training is designed the way it is for a reason and that’s to try to weed those who don’t belong out.

At least you understand.

And those who can pass in that little amount of time have proved they know what they are doing compared to those who can’t grasp it quite as well. Do you suggest they change the training to a few months so those that can’t keep up finally make it? This training is designed the way it is for a reason and that’s to try to weed those who don’t belong out.
Did I say any of that? All I said what those who go last get to hear tips from those who go before them.

I said the eval days of the academy can be way more stressful than training st your facility due to lack of time and experience.
I distinctly remember the head evaluator guy coming into the room after our last wash out was processed and telling us that while today was difficult, it’ll be the easiest day of the rest of our careers...

Yeaaaa so far he hasn’t exactly been right

I distinctly remember the head evaluator guy coming into the room after our last wash out was processed and telling us that while today was difficult, it’ll be the easiest day of the rest of our careers...

Exactly. Lab evals at the center you get a retake if you fail and you get way more practice and knowledge before hand.

People that say Academy/PAs are the easiest part of a controller's career are delusional.

Back
Top Bottom