Enroute Class pass rate

Yeah I call bs on this one, how can you possibly time your academy start date to match the end of your school year?

Plenty of people do this every year. CTI students wanting to finish their degrees, teachers finishing a school year, current college students wanting to finish the semester, and that doesn’t even count people who defer for other reasons like weddings.

To be clear, I still take this with a HEAVY grain of salt - I imagine it’s rooted in truth but has been told and retold several times until most of the details have been changed. But that isn’t the implausible part.

Assuming you make it to the end and pass everything at the academy, when it comes to the time where you pick your Center, are you able to back out if the list was complete shit? Example (and completely hypothetical): The list is nothing but ZSU and ZUA, but those aren't places you're willing to move. You could decide to not accept anything and drop right there, right?
Yes but if you do this then pick a facility no one wants and then quit the next day. Especially if you finish higher in the class.

I thought I had to worry about getting Oakland but now I’m seeing Puerto Rico show up all too frequently...

I thought I had to worry about getting Oakland but now I’m seeing Puerto Rico show up all too frequently...
Puerto Rico as a facility isn’t that bad. It seems like we are going through a bit of a culture change (working on retaining controllers who come from the states, a good relationship between management and the workforce, etc).

Aside from the revolution going on, the island is enjoyable.

Puerto Rico as a facility isn’t that bad. It seems like we are going through a bit of a culture change (working on retaining controllers who come from the states, a good relationship between management and the workforce, etc).

Aside from the revolution going on, the island is enjoyable.
There is talk that ZSU will be moving stateside to southern florida at some point. So that may be something to look forward to. Just rumor though.

Back
Top Bottom