Enroute Class pass rate

Their basics class (11-3) was different than everyone else. Academy had this new concept of “teach yourself” class, they had all the lessons and studied them on their own pace, intstructor in class room only to answer questions and what not. After 3-4 weeks they realize this program wasn’t working, so they started basics all over again with the old method. I guess they were worn out. Pass rate right now is about 75-80%, smaller clases get more attention (7-10 students per class).

Our class were handpicked (most from 2016 and 2017 bid) for that online basic class, except for a few that was thrown in. IMO, students in our class are both street smart and book smart, even though they don't look book smart. If I had to choose one reason why we weren't successful, it would be, we didn't stick together as a study group, going across the street(even though I suspects our class being thrown to the wolves, for either costing the FAA a lot of money for not validating the online basic course, or a student stealing a binder and not returning it at the end like we are suppose to).

What stands out now was, how we used to all study at the 3 amigos house, until it was only the 3 amigos and 1 other student left. It now made sense because that 1 other students, said "f them" to the group (I don't judge because I don't know where he came from), when I wanted to buy everyone fried chickens and he wanted me to save money. The first student, he bad mouth to me about, never showed up to the study group again at the 3 amigos house. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but could 1 student turn everyone against each other?

Our class were handpicked (most from 2016 and 2017 bid) for that online basic class, except for a few that was thrown in. IMO, students in our class are both street smart and book smart, even though they don't look book smart. If I had to choose one reason why we weren't successful, it would be, we didn't stick together as a study group, going across the street(even though I suspects our class being thrown to the wolves, for either costing the FAA a lot of money for not validating the online basic course, or a student stealing a binder and not returning it at the end like we are suppose to).

What stands out now was, how we used to all study at the 3 amigos house, until it was only the 3 amigos and 1 other student left. It now made sense because that 1 other students, said "f them" to the group (I don't judge because I don't know where he came from), when I wanted to buy everyone fried chickens and he wanted me to save money. The first student, he bad mouth to me about, never showed up to the study group again at the 3 amigos house. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but could 1 student turn everyone against each other?

How did you pass the ATSA?

Wut

Judging from your previous post... im going out on a limb to say, you didnt pass because your english is atrocious.

CA5088A4-F10D-4B45-BDF3-194C33F008F4.jpeg

Judging from your previous post... im going out on a limb to say, you didnt pass because your english is atrocious.

Pass or Fail, I'm good with not passing if the FAA doesn't think I'm cut out for it. What sucks is seeing those who works so hard, not passing. I can finally comes to term with this because, the guy who graduated #1 in our class, wanted the best for everyone, even if they could pick facility slot ahead of him. Unfortunately, our class didn't put him in a position, to lead our fellow men, to the promising land. Gonna miss ATC controllers wicked witty sense of humor though; Aero Center Manager's Bubba, is the funniest old timer around.

For those of you who passed, did you have an idea ahead of time who wasn’t going to pass? How badly did people perform on non-radar to not be able to recover in radar?

For those of you who passed, did you have an idea ahead of time who wasn’t going to pass? How badly did people perform on non-radar to not be able to recover in radar?

Non radar doesn’t mean anything. 66 of your 100 points come from radar evals. You can probably guess 90% of the people who are and aren’t going to pass. Gotta watch out for the wild cards.

Non radar doesn’t mean anything. 66 of your 100 points come from radar evals. You can probably guess 90% of the people who are and aren’t going to pass. Gotta watch out for the wild cards.
That’s what I’m getting at though. If you can’t even get 17/22 (76%) on each radar problem and pass because you didn’t get 20/34 (58%!!) in non-radar, then it must’ve been pretty apparent that people weren’t studying their basic knowledge in non-radar.

That’s what I’m getting at though. If you can’t even get 17/22 (76%) on each radar problem and pass because you didn’t get 20/34 (58%!!) in non-radar, then it must’ve been pretty apparent that people weren’t studying their basic knowledge in non-radar.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to bomb a radar eval. Multiple people including myself that passed in my class bombed one eval. I got a 44 on my first one.

People that go into radar evals not close to 30 points haven't been studying and probably won't pass.

Back
Top Bottom