ERR MOU Change Campaign

The only agency I've ever heard called by that "agency" name is the CIA. Most people just say they work for the FAA or that they're an air traffic controller. I don't know why the guy above replied like he did.
Maybe it's just a Natca thing. Majority of the documents I've seen signed between natca and the FAA have the FAA listed as "the Agency."
It was in the Red Book, currently in the Grey Book.
Common to hear people talking about how long they've been in The Agency as well.

They only way to get rid of this godawful process is to force the change. NATCA has been explicit they don't care what the workforce thinks. Pressure from congress, much like the CTI campaign of a few years ago, is one way, but it requires action. Frankly, most people either don't care because it doesn't effect them or they're just lazy.

The other way would be to change it from within. The convention already passed so it'll be another couple years before that's an option. The NATCA elections take place in 2018. There's a chance to replace the current batch of RVPs that brought this mess to us. Vote turnout is pretty terrible, so it's possible that only a few hundred votes could win.

It's a year + away, but it's never too early to start. Anyone who wants to Campaign, the resources of this site are at your disposal.

Also, I was told that there would be a new change coming up for us poor sucker lower level facilities. If you are a level 6 and below and want to move to a level 8 and above (DUH) they will allow that level 6 and below to go one below the national average. That was supposed to happen on this last round (DEC '16).

Where did you hear that they were doing something like this? Your post was the first time I have heard of such a thing.

I've never understood why the FAA is so often referred to as the Agency.

Aeronautics Branch: 1926-1934
Bureau of Air Commerce: 1934-1938
Civil Aeronautics Administration: 1938-1958
Federal Aviation Agency: 1958-1967
Federal Aviation Administration: 1967-present

What made the Agency name stick....

Title 5 of the United States Code (federal law). There are Executive Departments (begins with Department of...), Military Departments, government corporations, independent establishments, and, finally, Executive Agencies. The FAA is an executive agency (defined at 5 U.S. Code § 551). Oftentimes, in legislation, you will read something like, "The Federal Aviation Administration (hereafter referred to as "Agency"...)...".

If you are a level 6 and below and want to move to a level 8 and above (DUH) they will allow that level 6 and below to go one below the national average.

I just got this same information but it stated level 7 and below. It was briefed during the NCEPT meeting last week.

Even if this happens, all it will do is allow for a couple of extra selections in the panel following the change. Sure, if you're the person being selected it means a great deal. But it's a one time deal that changes absolutely nothing in the long run. Lipstick on a pig.

Edit: this has been "talked" about for sometime. nearly a year. it's the great fix for the "unforeseen"complete shutting down of facs with 9-11 cpc targets.

Have the meeting minutes been posted to the KSN site yet?

Nope. Just checked right before I left work 30 min ago.

And MJ, I think it will help greatly with higher target number low-level facilities too. By lowering our number by even one, we can get people with at least an idea when they are going to move on.

Supervisor job open at that Level 8 I saw yesterday.
Yeah, I saw that. It's a difficult decision: Apply for a job I don't want, to live in a city I want to live in, or don't apply for the job and live in the city I don't want to raise my family in for God knows how many more years...

If you read section 13 of the MOU it says it applies to any bargaining unit employee seeking a bargaining unit or non-bargaining unit job. This to me includes Supervisory positions. Our RVP told us that the FAA tried to make it so that Supervisor bids would be exempt from this mess but NATCA didn't agree because they felt it was a back door out and a way for the FAA to recruit Supes. Make them all feel stuck and they'll bid supe. So we were told that could not happen as well. And if you read section 13 it's black and white. What are your thoughts people?

If you read section 13 of the MOU it says it applies to any bargaining unit employee seeking a bargaining unit or non-bargaining unit job. This to me includes Supervisory positions. Our RVP told us that the FAA tried to make it so that Supervisor bids would be exempt from this mess but NATCA didn't agree because they felt it was a back door out and a way for the FAA to recruit Supes. Make them all feel stuck and they'll bid supe. So we were told that could not happen as well. And if you read section 13 it's black and white. What are your thoughts people?
Supervisor bids are included as well with the MOU, however it has become common practice to get a waiver.

Supervisor bids are included as well with the MOU, however it has become common practice to get a waiver.

Not exactly common practice. If your current facility has 70% staffing and the supervisor staffing at the other facility is more than 70%, the waivers are almost always denied.
But if by adding you as a supervisor, and the staffing is still below your current 70%, then a waiver can be issued without too much trouble. (numbers are all hypothetical.)
At least that's what I've noticed when I applied to some. Compare CPC staffing vs supervisor staffing to determine how realistic a waiver is.

They only way to get rid of this godawful process is to force the change. NATCA has been explicit they don't care what the workforce thinks. Pressure from congress, much like the CTI campaign of a few years ago, is one way, but it requires action. Frankly, most people either don't care because it doesn't effect them or they're just lazy.

The other way would be to change it from within. The convention already passed so it'll be another couple years before that's an option. The NATCA elections take place in 2018. There's a chance to replace the current batch of RVPs that brought this mess to us. Vote turnout is pretty terrible, so it's possible that only a few hundred votes could win.

It's a year + away, but it's never too early to start. Anyone who wants to Campaign, the resources of this site are at your disposal.
We need to get all of their names and put them on blast so people know who NOT to vote for when elections come around. Maybe even get T-Shirts made.

Back
Top Bottom