Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I got kinda forced out. Withdrew from training at F11. They offered me FSS. So I resigned.
Ahh, yes, I remember reading your post now. Makes sense. I'm surprised you're allowed to try again? I thought you couldn't go through the academy twice, but yours seems like a unique situation.

I'm sure which one yet but does the ANG offer a CTO license?
Yup. Some places even have the ability to get a RAPC

Ahh, yes, I remember reading your post now. Makes sense. I'm surprised you're allowed to try again? I thought you couldn't go through the academy twice, but yours seems like a unique situation.
I didn't go to the academy the first time. I'm prior experience. I went direct facility. I've been a controller for a little over ten years now

I didn't go to the academy the first time. I'm prior experience. I went direct facility. I've been a controller for a little over ten years now

On your last SF50 what does it say for the reason of separation? (I think it's a box in there somewhere.)

Do you think the Army National Guard has the same opportunity for CTOs? My states, Texas, doesn't have an ANG ATC Squadron.
We have a bunch of people who commute to ours. I know for a fact Army NG is completely different than air.

On your last SF50 what does it say for the reason of separation? (I think it's a box in there somewhere.)
Ooo.. I don't know. I haven't looked. I can look when I get outta work. What does it need to say?

Within a testing date range, I'm assuming there's no benefit of going earlier vs later, right? They're offering a two week span in my area, and I'd rather go later since it works better with my schedule and gives me some time to practice mental math haha. Anyone think of a reason why going earlier may be better? Thanks!

Within a testing date range, I'm assuming there's no benefit of going earlier vs later, right? They're offering a two week span in my area, and I'd rather go later since it works better with my schedule and gives me some time to practice mental math haha. Anyone think of a reason why going earlier may be better? Thanks!
There is no reason to choose one day over another except for personal preference. It is hard to get off work on such short notice where I was at so I chose a later date.

Ooo.. I don't know. I haven't looked. I can look when I get outta work. What does it need to say?
I thought it had it's own box...but now I'm reading that any reason is just put into the big Remarks box.
Don't know if it matters, but I'm curious what yours is since you were offered a FSS spot and you then resigned. I don't think yours would be "resigned in lieu of termination" since you weren't up for termination, whereas someone that wasn't retained for anything (before FSS and Flight Data were options) may have wording similar to that.

Earliest date available in Los Angeles is June 6th.

Anyone else In the Los Angeles area not see any test dates available at the near by testing sites? Vegas, San Francisco, Sacramento are the closest cities that have dates available to schedule.
When you search you have to go all the way to June 13. I was able to get mine for June 8.

I thought it had it's own box...but now I'm reading that any reason is just put into the big Remarks box.
Don't know if it matters, but I'm curious what yours is since you were offered a FSS spot and you then resigned. I don't think yours would be "resigned in lieu of termination" since you weren't up for termination, whereas someone that wasn't retained for anything (before FSS and Flight Data were options) may have wording similar to that.
I see what you're saying. I'll check and let you know. If it's any merit though, the bid closed before I had my final SF50 so they don't have it actually. But I'm pretty positive it just says resigned and that's it. But will for sure look at it and let ya know

Got mine as well. For all the shit I've gone through with the faa. I'm fairly surprised. Also not sure what pool I am, but I'm the one for prior military/controllers or whatever it is.

Yes, they don't care. The only security clearance that would help is if you've gone through the FAA process already. My military one did NOT carryover. When I went to a contract tower, my FAA background check was waived because I had it with the FAA recently. I'll find out this time how it works in regards to timing of security clearances and what not.

So you're telling me even if you had a TS/SCI with a full scope poly from civilian employment or another agency, the faa wouldn't crossover?

Sounds like a terrible use of resources.

So you're telling me even if you had a TS/SCI with a full scope poly from civilian employment or another agency, the faa wouldn't crossover?

Sounds like a terrible use of resources.
You do realize you're applying to the FAA.

Just peeked at it. Doesn't actually say anything really. Other than me resigning.

Hello! Any studying tips for the second part of the test (the logic reasoning questions to be precise)? I’m sure that’s the part I’ve been failing on the past attempts.

Hello! Any studying tips for the second part of the test (the logic reasoning questions to be precise)? I’m sure that’s the part I’ve been failing on the past attempts.

I’ve heard of people using SAT study materials for that aspect. Can’t speak to its success or failure, just something I’ve heard.

I’ve heard of people using SAT study materials for that aspect. Can’t speak to its success or failure, just something I’ve heard.
I used ATCprep for the 2018 bid and got qualified and never got a TOL. I reapplied in 2019 and didn't study at all and got best qualified and also got a TOL and am literally just waiting on my class date now. Point is YMMV

Back
Top Bottom