Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I reviewed LSAT tests and study materials/strategies
There are a lot of LSAT strategies that make that section much faster, which is good because I remember needing all the allotted time for those.

It does not matter. They take everyone's scores, and pick X number of BQ scores from both pools. Now which scores they pick is anyone's guess.
Last bid some of pool 1 got through with WQ. At least that’s what they self-reported, but it was bizarre because some pool 1 BQ didn’t get in in spite of that.

There are a lot of LSAT strategies that make that section much faster, which is good because I remember needing all the allotted time for those.

Last bid some of pool 1 got through with WQ. At least that’s what they self-reported, but it was bizarre because some pool 1 BQ didn’t get in in spite of that.

I do remember seeing that sorry I should have been more specific, at least for pool 2 which I'm in again, they only seem to take BQ.

I used ATCprep for the 2018 bid and got qualified and never got a TOL. I reapplied in 2019 and didn't study at all and got best qualified and also got a TOL and am literally just waiting on my class date now. Point is YMMV

couldn’t agree more. In this game of getting hired and such it all comes down to asking yourself what you’ll regret more, buying software and trying or not and always wondering if it would have helped. But that’s this process in a nutshell, what works for one doesn’t work for the other. One isn’t any more of guarantee to get hired than the other. You’ve gotta do what is right according to you and what you feel works. ?‍♂️

I used ATCprep for the 2018 bid and got qualified and never got a TOL. I reapplied in 2019 and didn't study at all and got best qualified and also got a TOL and am literally just waiting on my class date now. Point is YMMV
This is almost 100% me. I bought the ATCprep software for the 2018 bid and studied it for a couple times a week. Got BQ but no TOL. I then took the ATSA again in 2019 and used the software only once (morning of my test) and got BQ again and a TOL. I think the software is definitely worth it, it helps with building speed and you're able to create tricks to help with some of the math problems. Better to go into the test with some sort of preparation than to go into it totally blind

How many times can you roll over your score? Two OTS bids ago I got best qualified but no TOL. Rolled over the score to the last OTS but still no TOL. Can I skip the ATSA again for this one and they'll use that same score again?
Due to the COVID-19 situation and other personal stressors plus the fact I'd have to travel 250+ miles just to get to a testing site, idk I just don't really feel up for going through it all at this time. I know that will sound like blasphemy to some of you but it is what it is.

How many times can you roll over your score? Two OTS bids ago I got best qualified but no TOL. Rolled over the score to the last OTS but still no TOL. Can I skip the ATSA again for this one and they'll use that same score again?
Due to the COVID-19 situation and other personal stressors plus the fact I'd have to travel 250+ miles just to get to a testing site, idk I just don't really feel up for going through it all at this time. I know that will sound like blasphemy to some of you but it is what it is.

The people complaining about having to drive to take their exam are hilarious. Welcome to working for the government. If you want it, you jump through the hoops. The annoying/inconvenient requests don’t just stop after the entrance exam. I once drove 300 miles for a pre-employment test with another agency, and didn’t even end up getting selected that job. It’s just part of it.

The people complaining about having to drive to take their exam are hilarious. Welcome to working for the government. If you want it, you jump through the hoops. The annoying/inconvenient requests don’t just stop after the entrance exam. I once drove 300 miles for a pre-employment test with another agency, and didn’t even end up getting selected that job. It’s just part of it.
You don't know anything about my life. I don't understand how you can think it's some hilarious notion that a person might not want to travel 500 miles in the middle of a global pandemic.

So here’s my question Should I retake the test? I applied twice first time I scored in the last band/just qualified. However I WAS referred. but No tol. Applied again found out my previous scoring band so I decided to retake the test scored in well qualified and was not referred.

You don't know anything about my life. I don't understand how you can think it's some hilarious notion that a person might not want to travel 500 miles in the middle of a global pandemic.
I'd have to travel 250+ miles just to get to a testing site, idk I just don't really feel up for going through it all at this time. I know that will sound like blasphemy to some of you but it is what it is.
Wow 250 miles became 500 miles in just one post! My post also was not directed towards you personally but the multiple comments over the past several pages. Simply put, this is how the process works. People ought not be surprised by it.

So here’s my question Should I retake the test? I applied twice first time I scored in the last band/just qualified. However I WAS referred. but No tol. Applied again found out my previous scoring band so I decided to retake the test scored in well qualified and was not referred.

Assuming this is your 3rd time applying the first bid would have been 2018, that bid was done under the old rules regarding 10% differences between pools 1 and 2.

The 2019 was under the “new” rules where they pretty much exhaust resources(different bands) from pool 1 and then fill the gaps with pool 2(usually just BQ and a few WQ).

That may cast some light as to why you ended up with different results. In the end you’ll get opinions on both sides of taking and not taking the test a third time. The chances of getting higher are always tempting but you may also end up with a worse score than last time so it’s always a risk. Really it’s up to you and what you’re comfortable with.

If you don't get BQ you should retest. That's literally all that really needs to be said on the matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just my opinion and thoughts on the whole "should I take the test over again?" question that popping up, so feel free to ignore and do whatever you want

BUT

The way I think about it, if I didn't get picked last time despite being qualified/best qualified, what makes me thing that people cant out score me again? Thats assuming they go by best scores first and whatnot, but i've been "Best Qualified" for 2 bids now. If people can do better than me then, they can do better than me now, AND I know what to expect on the test. If I can't improve on my score than thats my fault, but i'm scheduled for my third test May 22nd

Wow 250 miles became 500 miles in just one post! My post also was not directed towards you personally but the multiple comments over the past several pages. Simply put, this is how the process works. People ought not be surprised by it.
Yes 250 miles to a testing center. Then the drive back. 250 + 250 = 500

Yikes man. If you couldn't figure that out then good luck on the ATSA

Assuming this is your 3rd time applying the first bid would have been 2018, that bid was done under the old rules regarding 10% differences between pools 1 and 2.

The 2019 was under the “new” rules where they pretty much exhaust resources(different bands) from pool 1 and then fill the gaps with pool 2(usually just BQ and a few WQ).
Pool 2 would have had to have been BQ only last time right? I was BQ last time pool 2 and didn't get a TOL. Don't think there was any WQ for pool 2. Definitely were quite a few for pool 1 though

Where/how can I find this study material? Is this something that’s publicly available (e.g. by googling) or do I need to but an LSAT study book?

Can you share an example of the types of questions in this section of the ATSA?
A question you will definitely see goes like this:
'Only Blue and Green cars can park in Lot A
Only Red and Green cars can park in Lot B
Yellow cars can park in any lot on Fridays, but must park in Lot C on any other day'

What color is John's car if he parks in Lot B on a Wednesday?'

The actual question will be more complex, but you get the idea. There will be 5 answers to choose from. I generally went with the strategy of figure out which answers are definitely wrong, narrow it down to 2 or 3 possibly right answers, and then make an educated guess and move on, because you can only spend about a minute per question.

I would just google LSAT strategies. I'm sure there are courses and books you can buy, but there are plenty of sites and apps that will have free questions and quizzes

Pool 2 would have had to have been BQ only last time right? I was BQ last time pool 2 and didn't get a TOL. Don't think there was any WQ for pool 2. Definitely were quite a few for pool 1 though

Most likely, yes. However that doesn’t mean that everybody who got BQ and referred will get a TOL. Nobody “really” knows how they decide on who they pick. I do remember that a lot of pool 1 were getting TOLs as WQ and I want to say even just qualified.

Back
Top Bottom