Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

I went on vacation in January and was like “I’m not going to ask about my medical clearance before I leave in case something is wrong so I’m not stressed the whole trip”. Well, I gave in and emailed medical the day I was leaving for vaca and they emailed me back right as I boarded my flight and told me I cleared. I was so happy I decided to email them lol
Lol lucky you! I think we are all next!

I’m patiently waiting as well. I just hope my class date is towards the end of May. My wedding is 05/01 in Mexico lol
Congrats!

I bet this has to be a repeat question I just wasn't sure how to search through it through 215 pages.
Anyone on here still waiting to take ATSA since their appointment was cancelled due to COVID? I was told there would be a second wave of ATSA invitations sent out for this bid. Anyone else heard that/waiting for that?

I bet this has to be a repeat question I just wasn't sure how to search through it through 215 pages.
Anyone on here still waiting to take ATSA since their appointment was cancelled due to COVID? I was told there would be a second wave of ATSA invitations sent out for this bid. Anyone else heard that/waiting for that?
Not what you're looking for, but I do know that some people waiting to take the ATSA had their status changed and got booted from the application pool... My friend was waiting to take but now has to wait for the next round. Not sure how many people this happened to tho.

Not what you're looking for, but I do know that some people waiting to take the ATSA had their status changed and got booted from the application pool... My friend was waiting to take but now has to wait for the next round. Not sure how many people this happened to tho.
That absolutely SUCKS... seems like people are being punished for being safe. Guess I should count myself as lucky.

how did they know they got booted?

Application status can be viewed in USAJOBS. Probably got switched to “Not Hired”.
I reached out earlier on in the process because I'm one of those guys who couldn't take the ATSA. The guy said that even though the status may say "not referred" we would still get a chance to take the testing during the next round.

it sucks man. Mine was cancelled the day of (I took off from work and drove 3 hours away) and when I tried to find another class I didnt have one available for like 300+ miles
Oh same, happened to me too. I drove 3 hours to take mine and took two days off for it. Got there the night before and then it got cancelled. The next closest one available was a 7 hour drive so I booked a hotel and took two more days off and drove there hoping it wouldn’t get cancelled. I wasn’t sure if/when they’d offer the ATSA again so that’s why I did that. I get it, trust me. I’m just glad I decided to go on that road trip

how did they know they got booted?
I am one of those people that got their application “booted”.

This is what the application says:
“You were not referred for hiring consideration under this announcement since you do not have an active Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) on file.”

However HR told me I would still get a second invite. But I agree with the theory that we’re just going to be rolled into the next OTS bid ATSA testing period, which totally sucks.

i wasn’t even trying to be safe. I signed up through the website, everything like I have done in the past. Drove 4 hours to my testing center in Birmingham and when I get there I get told their system can’t administer the ATSA. So I turned around and drove 4 hours back to my house. my life completely changed in that moment because someone didn't do their job. Such is life.

I am one of those people that got their application “booted”.

This is what the application says:
“You were not referred for hiring consideration under this announcement since you do not have an active Air Traffic Skills Assessment (ATSA) on file.”

However HR told me I would still get a second invite. But I agree with the theory that we’re just going to be rolled into the next OTS bid ATSA testing period, which totally sucks.

i wasn’t even trying to be safe. I signed up through the website, everything like I have done in the past. Drove 4 hours to my testing center in Birmingham and when I get there I get told their system can’t administer the ATSA. So I turned around and drove 4 hours back to my house. my life completely changed in that moment because someone didn't do their job. Such is life.
yeah everyone that happened to really sucks. but that's the FAA for ya :/ hopefully by the time the next bid rolls around there won't be as big of a backlog and you can get in really fast.

Back
Top Bottom