Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-20-ALLSRCE-65607

Thank you for the insight, but that was not the plan. But I need to know if I should have my wife start getting things ready while I’m in OKC.
Doesn't hurt to be prepared. When/if you do pass, it'll definitely be a scramble. I'm essentially planning to figure out something temporary near my facility at first while my wife takes care of selling the house.

For an interview? Everyone has a background investigation for their security clearance. Not everyone gets an interview, but it's normal. Usually just clarifying whatever you put on your E-QIP.
Thanks. Something must’ve been flagged because I’m having an interview but I’m sure it’ll be fine

Thanks. Something must’ve been flagged because I’m having an interview but I’m sure it’ll be fine

It's nothing to worry about if you've been 100% honest (which of course you should have thus far). Here's what happened to me, my a post in this thread 5 months ago:

"Gotta share this, because I almost want to roll my eyes in a funny "of course that's what happened" way lol.

I dont have much negative history so when I was called to set up a video interview date with an investigator I was a little perplexed. All the guides and info dumps on here listing the big reasons why people get flagged for security stuff, I don't fit into at all. I've never even left the country. Heck, I've never been East of the Mississippi!

Anyway, I figured that's why I didnt receive a class date yet while others on the same timeframes as me did. No biggie. Things are still moving fast. The interview begins and my investigator is very friendly and forthcoming. We go over the form line by line as usual, but we come to a point in my work history where he says it appears there is a gap of about 11 months. In my head I know that cant be right, I've never not worked for anywhere that length of time.

When he tells me the date range, I realize it was for a job that I've technically worked at 2 separate times in my life. I'm sure some of you recall that on the sf-86, it specifies as a type of addition to an entry "have you ever worked at this same location at a different point in time?". Well, since I had, I filled out that addition instead of making a separate entry in my work history. I remember thinking that I've never seen that option on any other form I've ever filled for a job, and that it was cool they covered their bases.

I tell him this and he sees the time periods match up and there is no gap. Well he kind of laughs and says, well were just about done then, and honestly, the only reason this probably got flagged was for that "gap". Everything else is fine and just a matter-of-course.

I just cant get over the fact the ONE TIME I have seen a background form offer the option of "have you worked this same job at a separate time", somebody overlooked it and thought I left a big question-mark gap for nearly a year. A bit of irony and classic government efficiency (I would know, I've worked for local government before ? )

Morale of the story: I'm still just happy to be here and I'm glad it was essentially nothing. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk."

The other thing that happened, that I forgot to mention in that post, was that an employer I worked at several years ago had moved locations, but I didn't know and so had listed the old address. The new company sent a notice back that I had never worked for them, so that may have been a contributing factor for sure. In my security interview all of this was covered and rectified, and I emailed him back that day with the updated info I found thanks to Google Maps and a phone call to confirm.

So you don't get either for online basics? Oof.
I’m not sure about that. I got my FOL the other day, and the salary was based on OKC locality with no disclaimer that you don’t get locality until in-person at the academy. I know you don’t get per diem until at the academy but I assume you get the locality as part of your normal salary. I could be wrong though and someone currently (or recently) attending basics/academy would probably know for sure.

FAA website posted they will be putting out a new OTS application for July 30-Aug 2
Meanwhile we still here grasping for straws lmfao
I know you're just poking fun, but never forget that there are still a couple people from 2017 and 2018 bids waiting for class dates as you read this. Count your blessings every night that this system is even working, honestly. At least that's what I do lol

Back
Top Bottom