Hiring Bid FAA-ATO-21-ALLSRCE-73599

Anyone in general. Arbel_JTP visits the site and would definitely pass along feedback on the app to the developers.
Thank you, MJ.
I am following the main threads (for 3 years now) and immediately passing all the helpful information to our developers.
We are improving the pack constantly and adding the "0" function to the ATC sim is currently in development and hopefully will be published in the next week or two, before the first test dates. We already added a clarification to the practice guide about picking the smaller number.

I would also like to mention that Just today we added a new NumPad practice with helpful solving tips. We also added some basic math practice tests (four operations) to help with the ATC sim and the memory games.
In the near future, there will also be some improvements in the Spatial/Visual Relationships practice and in the Logical Word Problems practice.

Our aim is to mimic the real test as closely as possible, and we highly value any feedback we receive. It's important for me especially as I've been in charge of this preparation course long before we ever had an ATC sim.

If anyone has any questions, on the ATSA test or on the FAA ATCS pre-employment process, you are more than welcome to send me a direct email - [email protected]

Like I said before, I've been practicing with JobTestPrep, which I really like, but I decided to buy ATCPrep to see how it is since a lot of people have sworn by it.

I've obviously never taken the ATSA before, so I don't know which test prep is closest to the actual test; so if anyone has experience with both please chime in!

I just did my first collision sim on ATCPrep, and it's so different from JobTestPrep that it left me feeling deflated.

Difference 1:

ATC: If you think two balls are going to collide and you press the keyboard to remove one of them, it'll say at the bottom "wrong collision response" and the ball will remain on the screen.

JTP: You have the freedom to remove whatever balls you want from the screen.

Difference 2:

ATC: If you think there are no collisions, then you have to press 0 on the numpad.

JTP: No such thing.

Difference 3:

ATC: You have to remove the balls with the lowest numerical value. For example, if you have two balls on a collision course (ball 2 and ball 5), then you should remove ball 2 because that would "give you more points" since it registers the removal of the ball with the lowest numerical value as being more efficient.

JTP: No such thing.

I'm getting a bit too technical and I know some people might come after me on here, but I'd just like to know how the collision sim on the actual test is like.

1) Do you have the freedom to remove whichever balls you think will collide?
2) Do you have to press "0" on the numpad if you think none of the balls will collide?
3) Do you have to remove the balls with the lowest numerical value?

I'm asking these questions because some people on here might have the same questions.

I guess this is why some of the veterans on here recommend not to practice too much, so you don't get stumped on the nuances of the actual test. I guess I learned my lesson.
So it sounds like from the ones who have taken the ATSA before that ATCPrep is better practice/more like the real test than JobTestPrep?

I have noticed that spatial relation tests suck to take on my laptop due to low trackpad sensitivity. It's important that I try to mimic testing conditions. Maybe I can break out a mouse or something.

Edit: JTP suggests on the ATSA that "yes" or "no" selection is done using the + and Enter keys on the numpad. Using their version increased my score when compared to ATCPrep. Hmmm...

Last edited:
For anyone using ATCprep
I have noticed that spatial relation tests suck to take on my laptop due to low trackpad sensitivity. It's important that I try to mimic testing conditions. Maybe I can break out a mouse or something.

Edit: JTP suggests on the ATSA that "yes" or "no" selection is done using the + and Enter keys on the numpad. Using their version increased my score when compared to ATCPrep. Hmmm...
protip: dont use the mouse on atcprep for the spacial relations portion. Only use the keyboard. You'll get in a weird muscle memory situation if you practice with a mouse when you take the ATSA. Only keyboard is used for that part, and for most of the test.

Last edited:

Get you a USB numpad off Amazon like I did.

It’s interesting how it’s the opposite for me. I was doing great on spatial relation with Job, but with ATCPrep, my score took a big hit.

Random Q, but are there any prior ATC here that have taken the ATSA for the “non EXP” bid and have any insight for real experience vs. the test?
I don't fully understand your question. It's like saying "are there any cardiologists here that have taken the MCAT that have any insight for medical experience vs. what's on the test?" It's irrelevant. The test is really designed to evaluate how well you handle short term memory and task oversaturation. It has no correlation to any specific ATC job duty.

I don't fully understand your question. It's like saying "are there any cardiologists here that have taken the MCAT that have any insight for medical experience vs. what's on the test?" It's irrelevant. The test is really designed to evaluate how well you handle short term memory and task oversaturation. It has no correlation to any specific ATC job duty.
So there are a few people who have prior experience (with the military usually) who missed the prior bid, or applied to both the prior and the non exp bid, that may have taken the ATSA on a previous non exp bid. I’m just curious how they did and how their prior experience correlated to the test.

Thank you, MJ.
I am following the main threads (for 3 years now) and immediately passing all the helpful information to our developers.
We are improving the pack constantly and adding the "0" function to the ATC sim is currently in development and hopefully will be published in the next week or two, before the first test dates. We already added a clarification to the practice guide about picking the smaller number.

I would also like to mention that Just today we added a new NumPad practice with helpful solving tips. We also added some basic math practice tests (four operations) to help with the ATC sim and the memory games.
In the near future, there will also be some improvements in the Spatial/Visual Relationships practice and in the Logical Word Problems practice.

Our aim is to mimic the real test as closely as possible, and we highly value any feedback we receive. It's important for me especially as I've been in charge of this preparation course long before we ever had an ATC sim.

If anyone has any questions, on the ATSA test or on the FAA ATCS pre-employment process, you are more than welcome to send me a direct email - [email protected]
Thanks, Arbel_JTP. I emailed you detailed feedback.

I'm not sure all the changes will be implemented before testing begins, but I hope the developers take my suggestions into account so future applicants have a better practice test to study with.

For anyone using ATCprep

protip: dont use the mouse on atcprep for the spacial relations portion. Only use the keyboard. You'll get in a weird muscle memory situation if you practice with a mouse when you take the ATSA. Only keyboard is used for that part, and for most of the test.
How are you supposed to answer the math then lol?

I'm sucking with collision tests :/
Are you talking Job or ATCPrep? Job on the hardest setting is impossible to do. I hope the test is more like ATCPrep because that one, even on the very high/very fast custom setting, is manageable. Actually, ATCPrep feels way easier than Job on the collision sim.

I am sure this has been asked a few times but im not sure how to search for it through the thousands of past threads. Is there a good way besides LSAT to study for the logic questions?

Yeah. And I also like how you can compare your latest stats to your previous stats for each section of the test.
Yeah, y’all have definitely sold me on ATCprep. I have an iPad (with bluetooth numpad), so I wasn’t sure how the app would do (it has mixed reviews). I’m pretty familiar with JobTestPrep now, and I’m mostly putting my focus on the ATC sim. It’ll be nice to compare across practice tests.

Yeah, y’all have definitely sold me on ATCprep. I have an iPad (with bluetooth numpad), so I wasn’t sure how the app would do (it has mixed reviews). I’m pretty familiar with JobTestPrep now, and I’m mostly putting my focus on the ATC sim. It’ll be nice to compare across practice tests.
You’ll prob find the ATCPrep sim to be way easier than Job. I’ve also been focusing on the sim because it’s one of my weakest sections along with the logic section.

Yeah, I tried it this morning and it's so much easier. I actually really like the instant feedback too. It offers more of a chance to improve I feel like.
Thing is we don’t know how fast these balls are gonna be flying on our screens on test day lol, so I think it’s a good idea to practice both.

Back
Top Bottom