FY25 5.2% raise proposed

Wait I thought if you certified before January you would go to CPC min. Then get the 5.2% then get more. On the other hand if you certify after January you would just go to the CPC min and basically get nothing? Am I wrong? Does this raise raise the CPC min? Am I missing something?

Wait I thought if you certified before January you would go to CPC min. Then get the 5.2% then get more. On the other hand if you certify after January you would just go to the CPC min and basically get nothing? Am I wrong? Does this raise raise the CPC min? Am I missing something?
The January raise moves the bottom of the CPC band up so it's the same thing as getting certified before or after. The only thing that moves you through the bands are the 1.6% June raises.

Umm ima do some bad math

You make 8 dollars a year as a developmental
The bottom of the cpc band is 10 dollars
You certify before January, you get 10 dollars because it's processed instantly in 2023.

In 2024 you get another cpc raise to 12 dollars and make 12 dollars

Post january
You make 8 dollars and cpcs make 10. The raises go in and you make 9 dollars and cpcs make 12.

You certify and make 12 dollars.

January doesn't matter as a target for certification

UNTIL June.

If this was a little bit later

You make 9 dollars and cpcs make 12, on Jun 1 you get a riaee to 9.01 and cpcs make 12.05. You certify Jun 2 and make 12 dollars.

On the other hand if you certify before Jun you make 12, and then 12.05 Jun 1

BUT the trainees impacted by covid (2-3 1.6% compounding raises) got to telecommute while other federal employees didn't even get paid!

Umm ima do some bad math

You certify before January, you get 10 dollars because it's processed instantly in 2023.

Post january
You make 8 dollars and cpcs make 10. The raises go in and you make 9 dollars and cpcs make 12.

UNTIL June.

You make 9 dollars and cpcs make 12, on Jun 1 you get a riaee to 9.01 and cpcs make 12.05. You certify Jun 2 and make 12 dollars.

BUT the trainees impacted by covid (2-3 1.6% compounding raises) got to telecommute while other federal employees didn't even get paid!
$9-$12 an hour is certainly what it feels like with all our deductions

If you’re a CPC-IT it matters:

For easy math, let’s say your base was 50K and you transfer to a facility that the bottom of the band is 100K. Half on the go you make 75K. Let’s say you get 1 June raise and then certify in December. You would make 76,200 from June Raise to December when you certified. Your pay upon certification would be (76,200+25K) 101,200 for the rest of December. Then in January you’d get a 5.2% raise…making about 106,462.

If you didn’t certify until the new year you’d come out with about 105,162. 76,200x1.052+25K(second half of raise).

Now do that at higher numbers and there’s an even bigger difference as a CPC-IT who certifies in December vs January.

Umm ima do some bad math

Post january

UNTIL June.

Except those of us that had to come in and work sector on 5/2 but not train.

All your June raises are basically null and void and you lose all of the raises you received during training.
I remember specifically reading the 1.6 raises while in training do count. 99% Sure given
I certified last year as a CPC IT, and I was 4k above the bottom of the band at the beginning of this year.

My 1.6 were just based off of my CPC IT pay rate.

Only thing you lose realistically is the difference of 1.6 percent pay raise from your CPC IT pay rate and the bottom of the band

I remember specifically reading the 1.6 raises while in training do count. 99% Sure given
I certified last year as a CPC IT, and I was 4k above the bottom of the band at the beginning of this year.

My 1.6 were just based off of my CPC IT pay rate.

Only thing you lose realistically is the difference of 1.6 percent pay raise from your CPC IT pay rate and the bottom of the band
To clarify they may be kept if you are a cpc it,
Op didn't say they were a cpc it. For someone at their first facility the Jun raises are lost every year until certification.

I believe it'd be based on your half on the go and kept.

Update: proposed Fed raise is 2%, military raise is proposed 4.5%

Nothing like inflation projections being around 3% for 2024 and getting a 2% raise!!!

Back
Top Bottom