Government shutdown

I have NPTL today and tomorrow- it'll be interesting to see what happens. Fingers crossed I get lucky and get paid AND the leave is free- a coworker was telling me that happened to him last time.

I’m on change of station leave and hoping for a similar outcome

So a CPC-IT with just FD is basically fucked? They told us to come in Monday but would probably get furloughed then
I’m currently a CPC-IT at ZTL with a-side only certification (maps/FD-ish) and they said don’t come in until resolution but still call Monday to double check

It’s a scare tactic that has always been paid back as Dank said. The only time it wasn’t was during sequestration. Different set of circumstances. I find it ridiculous that they don’t just force he whole government to work when they know back pay will be approved. May as well get something out of these people.

Like UScolt45 said, I wouldn't worry, at all. Given the fact furloughed employees were paid in 2013 and you have lawmakers trying to preemptively introduce legislation like H.R. 4827 to protect furloughed employees pay, the odds of forced LWOP are incredibly slim.

Depending on where you're at, it could be difficult to hold minimum staffing when everyone is staring at the potential of free leave and backpay.

So, they just called and "offered" to cancel my AL and come in, or be put in furlough status. So if I'm reading this right I should stay home and take furlough status because I won't loose any AL and get back pay because I'm put in furlough status? Yes please

Like UScolt45 said, I wouldn't worry, at all. Given the fact furloughed employees were paid in 2013 and you have lawmakers trying to preemptively introduce legislation like H.R. 4827 to protect furloughed employees pay, the odds of forced LWOP are incredibly slim.

Depending on where you're at, it could be difficult to hold minimum staffing when everyone is staring at the potential of free leave and backpay.
How can they pay you for days that they force you to take off? It’s not a situation where it’s just going to work and not getting paid. Wouldn’t it be exactly like LWOP? Just forced instead of voluntary? And that’s assuming this congress and president follow the trend of back pay, where in many cases they have not followed convention

How can they pay you for days that they force you to take off? It’s not a situation where it’s just going to work and not getting paid. Wouldn’t it be exactly like LWOP? Just forced instead of voluntary? And that’s assuming this congress and president follow the trend of back pay, where in many cases they have not followed convention
White House Supports Back Pay for Feds Who Would Be Furloughed During Shutdown

There's support for backpay on all levels, house, Senate, and the Whitehouse.

For me personally, I have zero intention of turning in any leave.

Enjoy your Uncle Sam free vacation and go explore that new city.

I have NPTL today and tomorrow- it'll be interesting to see what happens. Fingers crossed I get lucky and get paid AND the leave is free- a coworker was telling me that happened to him last time.
I start a 9 day vacation tomorrow. Someone got a rabbits foot I can hold onto while I roll these dice?

bah, who cares about air safety anyways, we should turn all of the traffic lights off too while we're at it they didnt need them back in roman times why do we need them now

I start a 9 day vacation tomorrow. Someone got a rabbits foot I can hold onto while I roll these dice?
You'll be fine. Last shutdown I knew a guy that was on vacation in another state. Was told before he left that he'd probably get a phone call saying his leave is canceled and to show up to work. Sure enough, shutdown happened and he's out on vacation, gets a phone call from supervisor, they're both laughing on the phone knowing he won't show up because that'd be ridiculous. Got paid for it, and no leave was deducted from his balance.

Back
Top Bottom