Government shutdown

Yeah it's always a mess. What did the RVP say? I'm sure others have the same question.
Long story short is it sort of echoed what was on here earlier in the thread. As we all know, you cannot be on pay status. So things like annual and sick leave are kinda taken as "furlough days" with the risk of not being paid back. Like others have said though, historically you are paid back. Any leave that was previously approved is cancelled, but the statement about not being able to come back since you're on voluntary furlough is false. You are on furlough during your leave, and you can come back because you are essential.

Yeah, your SUP is 100% incorrect, but by finding out the correct answer from your RVP you missed out on the greatest gift any SUP can give...free leave.
I was just panicked for a bit because I was thinking I was SOL with my tickets and such, kinda like another guy earlier, but that turns out not to be the case! Still unclear though whether you get your annual leave docked or not.

Do centers consider A-side-only-certified folks as essential? Does it very from center to center?

Do centers consider A-side-only-certified folks as essential? Does it very from center to center?

Don't know about centers but we have 4 CPC-IT's who are only FD rated and they're not only working but working OT as well.

I was just panicked for a bit because I was thinking I was SOL with my tickets and such, kinda like another guy earlier, but that turns out not to be the case! Still unclear though whether you get your annual leave docked or not.
You can read earlier in the thread, but the precedent was set on the last shutdown (for "free" leave) and there's support for it on all levels (House, Senate, Whitehouse).
For anyone wanting to know the reference on why his FLM was incorrect, it's in this document. Section F - 2A and 2B

Attachments

• guidance-for-shutdown-furloughs (1).pdf
    592.8 KB · Views: 19
You can read earlier in the thread, but the precedent was set on the last shutdown (for "free" leave) and there's support for it on all levels (House, Senate, Whitehouse).
For anyone wanting to know the reference on why his FLM was incorrect, it's in this document. Section F - 2A and 2B
Awesome, thanks for finding the reference!

Yeah I had leave/furlough yesterday(saturday), and came back to work today without a hitch, so yup your sup is wrong.

I’ll let ya know Monday when all the trainees up stairs who are A-Side certified if they get sent home or not. Apparently they shouldn’t get sent home but we’ll see

Please excuse my ignorance but this would further slow down the CIL process in terms of being cleared by medical (had the exam in September) and the background check, right?

Please excuse my ignorance but this would further slow down the CIL process in terms of being cleared by medical (had the exam in September) and the background check, right?
Yes

So since the bill is being passed that means everyone at the academy won’t have to go home and our process won’t be delayed that much correct?

It still has to go through the House for approval and signed by the POTUS, for the shutdown to officially end.

Back
Top Bottom