Hardships

Artickle 99 states:

” All relevant factors shall be considered for each condition, but at a minimum shall include:
a. Whether the employee previously used this issue as a hardship.
b. Other unique circumstances
c. The distance and ease of commute “

Now, my husband accepted a promotion in a different city. We discussed it and it’s a great chance for him to move up in his company.
I moved in with my parents to save money and I fly home to my husband for my RDO. We are a 2 hour flight away.
Could I use Article 99 under the above section “c” to request hardship?
Should I at least try? I’ve been flying back and forth for few weeks now; I have booked my flights almost all the way to December;
Is there anyone that maybe had or knows of a similar situation and can give me any input?
I appreciate any help. thanks
This is not considered a bona-fide hardship.

Yeah I get that, but my ATM is trying to hold me for 7 months but I have a hardship to ZJX which has a 90 day release MOU. So I’m trying to find out if it has be 90 days from when it was approved

Yeah I get that, but my ATM is trying to hold me for 7 months but I have a hardship to ZJX which has a 90 day release MOU. So I’m trying to find out if it has be 90 days from when it was approved
Send it up. You can be out on the next pay period. The the faa and natca have deemed your hardship viable. There’s almost nothing he can do to stop you from leaving as long as you get any support from natca.

Send it up. You can be out on the next pay period. The the faa and natca have deemed your hardship viable. There’s almost nothing he can do to stop you from leaving as long as you get any support from natca.
Not always true. My ATM held me for several months for no given reason. It was obviously staffing but they refused to tell me why.

Not always true. My ATM held me for several months for no given reason. It was obviously staffing but they refused to tell me why.
While your FACREP should be advocating in your best interest sometimes that would hurt the rest of the bargaining unit. If your FACREP can’t or won’t push the date go directly to your hardship rep in the region or your (A)RVP

My FACREP has been very helpful throughout the process, but he said he doesn’t have any influence in the release date assigned by ATM. Unfortunately because I’m not a dues paying member anymore, the regional hardship rep was not super helpful and I’d assume the same from RVP.

My FACREP has been very helpful throughout the process, but he said he doesn’t have any influence in the release date assigned by ATM. Unfortunately because I’m not a dues paying member anymore, the regional hardship rep was not super helpful and I’d assume the same from RVP.
It’s 100% because you aren’t a dues paying member. That will get some people fired up in here but you get what you pay for. You might be done with natca but next time there’s open enrollment remember that. As a BUE you benefitted from the a99 hardship in the contract negotiated by NATCA. As a BUE that doesn’t pay dues you aren’t getting any special handling outside the contract. I’d bet you 1.4% of your paycheck you’d be at your destination facility if you were still a member.

While your FACREP should be advocating in your best interest sometimes that would hurt the rest of the bargaining unit. If your FACREP can’t or won’t push the date go directly to your hardship rep in the region or your (A)RVP
I get that, but like... it's a hardship. From a legal standpoint, I don't get how all parties can acknowledge that you being in a certain location is actively harming you in whatever way, and then force you to stay in that location for another 3 months.

I get that, but like... it's a hardship. From a legal standpoint, I don't get how all parties can acknowledge that you being in a certain location is actively harming you in whatever way, and then force you to stay in that location for another 3 months.
Right but your FACREP is responsible for their whole facility and they may not care all that much about 1 person that’s leaving if it keeps their other 12 members from OT and OJTI burnout. It’s not right but it’s a choice that they make, sometimes unintentionally.

ATMs are dumb. The hardship is on your books until they're gone. You have to replace them anyways so let them leave and get a new body sooner.

ATMs are dumb. The hardship is on your books until they're gone. You have to replace them anyways so let them leave and get a new body sooner.
This is untrue, the hardship outbound or the missing body will have the same effect on inbound placements. However, the missing body can have an effect on other potential losses.

It’s 100% because you aren’t a dues paying member. That will get some people fired up in here but you get what you pay for. You might be done with natca but next time there’s open enrollment remember that. As a BUE you benefitted from the a99 hardship in the contract negotiated by NATCA. As a BUE that doesn’t pay dues you aren’t getting any special handling outside the contract. I’d bet you 1.4% of your paycheck you’d be at your destination facility if you were still a member.
Yeah, I didn't know he was a non member, as I only lurk here sometimes. I had input that could help him make his case for a faster release.....I'm good...

Sure they could. Your hardship could be based on an upcoming medical treatment that isn't happening for a few months... or based on your child attending school at a certain location for specialized needs, if its February and you made it clear he isn't starting in the new school until the following school year there is no reason your hardship can't wait until closer to the start of the next school year. There are tons of reasons it doesn't need to happen immediately.

I paid dues for years and ultimately decided the level of representation I, and most others for that matter, received isn’t worth $2,200+ a year. NATCA needs to make some major changes at the higher levels to get back in line with the people it represents. Frankly my ATM is a piece of shit and is also screwing over other people that are still paying dues and nothing is being done, so I don’t think it matters at this point. I’m not asking for special handling, only that the FAA comply with its own MOU.

I paid dues for years and ultimately decided the level of representation I, and most others for that matter, received isn’t worth $2,200+ a year. NATCA needs to make some major changes at the higher levels to get back in line with the people it represents. Frankly my ATM is a piece of shit and is also screwing over other people that are still paying dues and nothing is being done, so I don’t think it matters at this point. I’m not asking for special handling, only that the FAA comply with its own MOU.
Scab

So not that there aren’t issues with the Union and I have my own gripes with them as well. Just was curious about the particular statement you made about the union not being worth the 2200 per year.

Do you keep your natca pay raise you get every year or do you donate that amount back to Natca?

So not that there aren’t issues with the Union and I have my own gripes with them as well. Just was curious about the particular statement you made about the union not being worth the 2200 per year.

Do you keep your natca pay raise you get every year or do you donate that amount back to Natca?
While that 1.6% is better than 0, it’s a joke. After all the push to vote blue in 2020, maybe they could’ve at least tried negotiate more with this administration. I’m not opposed to getting back in if changes are made, but the way money is currently spent on ridiculous shit is too much. If I could just pay local dues, I’d happily do so.

Maybe they shouldn’t be taking 1.4 of the 1.6 they “got for you”

While that 1.6% is better than 0, it’s a joke. After all the push to vote blue in 2020, maybe they could’ve at least tried negotiate more with this administration. I’m not opposed to getting back in if changes are made, but the way money is currently spent on ridiculous shit is too much. If I could just pay local dues, I’d happily do so.

Maybe they shouldn’t be taking 1.4 of the 1.6 they “got for you”
Or maybe you could suggest actionable changes to NATCA, become a part of the legislative team and help negotiate it yourself....oh wait, now you're just stuck complaining in the echo chamber that goes nowhere. But screaming at a wall seems worth $2200.

Back
Top Bottom